Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Level requirement for Cheques to be withdrawn.

FroglordFroglord
Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
edited September 4, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
Simple suggestion that no one should feel too badly about.

This suggestion basically puts a level restriction on large cheques being held in one's inventory or being withdrawn from a bank.

Why do this?
A ) Regulates dummy character's inventories being used as psuedo personal banks
B ) Regulates gold farming
C ) Player safety (Dummy accounts usually have low quality security)

To make it so people won't depend on dummy accounts for storing gold:

A ) Increase the character bank gold cap from 5mil per character to 20mil or more
B ) Increase housing purchase caps
C ) Update player shop permits.

A few simple things to point out; sure someone can own 30mil gold from selling stuff off or earning it, but some people have literally hundreds of millions of gold spread across a multitude of characters. This is more common for gold farmers to avoid as there is a bank cap of 5mil gold per character, but you can hold up to 75 million gold per inventory, totaling up to 80million gold per character in both cheques and bank funds.

Disallowing gold farmers to stack cheques in their inventory based on limitations should theoretically put a hole in their endeavors. By adding more effort based limitations to things such as this you make gold-farming discouraging, and promote a better in game economy.

IGN: Skyshooter1
Server: Alexina
[Deleted User]YangKoeteMoonsie

Comments

• YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    This would be absolutely wonderful, especially for that 20m per character idea.

I'd utterly love it.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    I would hate for this to happen. REALLY HATE for this to happen. I like to play on alts alot of the times because all my alts are based upon my OC's. I don't level them nor do I rank skills. I might gain a level or two here but I like to just go on adventures. That includes dunby or belvast. I WOULD completely hate it if I came across something in a shop and I couldn't buy it/take out money because of some level restriction and I am not going to go through the trouble of logging out, closing down my client, waiting for nexon launcher to boot up, signing in and all that. by that time the person could have sold the item off or it could be gone. I keep money on my alts for this reason. And no I am not talking about alts with stupid names like "111djijidji222" All my alts have real names. We don't need this at all. Just because some bad players like to be crappy, shouldn't mean everyone should have to suffer. It's not fair to the good people who like to just have fun.
  • MoonsieMoonsie
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    This is an amazing idea! I feel a lot of players like to hide behind a new alt to make unscrupulous trades or to scam people.
  • SizeplaySizeplay
    Mabinogi Rep: 710
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    I would hate for this to happen. REALLY HATE for this to happen. I like to play on alts alot of the times because all my alts are based upon my OC's. I don't level them nor do I rank skills. I might gain a level or two here but I like to just go on adventures. That includes dunby or belvast. I WOULD completely hate it if I came across something in a shop and I couldn't buy it/take out money because of some level restriction and I am not going to go through the trouble of logging out, closing down my client, waiting for nexon launcher to boot up, signing in and all that. by that time the person could have sold the item off or it could be gone. I keep money on my alts for this reason. And no I am not talking about alts with stupid names like "111djijidji222" All my alts have real names. We don't need this at all. Just because some bad players like to be crappy, shouldn't mean everyone should have to suffer. It's not fair to the good people who like to just have fun.

I think I may have misread, but there's no penalty placed on alt accounts, rather they'd still have the 5m banking cap ( Per character ) but with higher levels ( Say my level 10K for example ) the 5m cap would be increased.. That would be a really great motivator for people to train their alt characters.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Sizeplay wrote: »

I think I may have misread, but there's no penalty placed on alt accounts, rather they'd still have the 5m banking cap ( Per character ) but with higher levels ( Say my level 10K for example ) the 5m cap would be increased.. That would be a really great motivator for people to train their alt characters.

I either read the post wrong myself but I took the post as you need to be a certain level to take cheques out of the bank account which I personally don't like honestly.
  • NinzerkerNinzerker
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,640
    Bank capacity changes?

Easy fix, set Default Bank Gold Limit to 1,000,000 gold
    then add 1000 gold to that limit per level

Level 1 = 1 Million gold
    Lvl 1000 = 2 Million Gold
    Lvl 10,000 = 11 Million Gold

Limit 1 Check per Bank until cashed

This way a fresh gold bot will have Maximum of 2m allowed, and advanced players have space for whatever they really need to purchase as well as being rewarded for actually playing the game
    I WOULD completely hate it if I came across something in a shop and I couldn't buy it/take out money because of some level restriction and I am not going to go through the trouble of logging out, closing down my client, waiting for nexon launcher to boot up, signing in and all that. by that time the person could have sold the item off or it could be gone.

Sounds like your problem isn't with bank limits, but a Nexon launcher, cause this was a non-issue for direct launcher
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    edited September 15, 2017
    Ninzerker wrote: »
    Bank capacity changes?

Level 1 = 1 Million gold

This way a fresh gold bot will have Maximum of 2m allowed, and advanced players have space for whatever they really need to purchase as well as being rewarded for actually playing the game
    I'm sorry, but I think that's a terrible idea. The way we have it now, where every new character on the account gets 5 million gold added to the bank limit is fine the way it is. We already get 5 free character cards to make, plus an additional 2 for allying with elves and giants. That's a total of 40 million without spending NX on extra character cards. That's pretty decent. Not to mention, I've made more than 11 million gold before and I am no where near total level 10,000. A system based around total levels like that would be very inconveniencing.

• FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Ninzerker wrote: »
    Bank capacity changes?

Level 1 = 1 Million gold

I WOULD completely hate it if I came across something in a shop and I couldn't buy it/take out money because of some level restriction and I am not going to go through the trouble of logging out, closing down my client, waiting for nexon launcher to boot up, signing in and all that. by that time the person could have sold the item off or it could be gone.

Sounds like your problem isn't with bank limits, but a Nexon launcher, cause this was a non-issue for direct launcher

No, My issue would be that I would still need to log out of 1 account to log onto another. In that time an item could be gone that I want. Like if I find a new gacha item for cheap, say 3 mil, and I am playing on my lv 50 alt. By the time I log out of my alt account, and log onto my main account, the 3mil item could be gone. Especially on Mari's market channel were cheap deals are picked up quickly and either kept or resold. Why limit someone or make someone miss out. I would be pretty pissed if in the 3-5minutes it takes to close mabi, log out, log in and reopen mabi, an item I want is gone all because my alt couldn't buy something. Just because crappy people ruin the game, doesnt mean everyone should continue to suffer for it.