Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Festia Crystal Defense wave 29 and 30

kirbystarkirbystar
Mabinogi Rep: 715
in Help
I saw the scores of 3000 for Festia Crystal Defense. So I assume that some people are able to finish all 30 waves.

What technique should be used for wave 29 and then 30. For wave 29, firebolt on wasp and final hit on others fail to clear. It seems to need additional technique. Also wave 30 monsters have too much hp and final hit alone is not sufficient to kill them all.

If you know how to fight these last two waves then can you make a post about it. Thanks.

Comments

• BlitzerBlitzer
    Mabinogi Rep: 820
    edited January 6, 2017
    Do you already use an ego hurricane/eq cylinder with a high lv Raincast range glove? Cause with those 2 pieces of gear, all the mobs in defender will glitch and not Aggro anything. If you have 1 or the other, there will be some enemies who will Aggro.
    Sounds to me you are just missing Hydra spam on the glitched mobs (they converge onto 1 area making Hydra very useful). Firebolt and FH is the go-to.
    Not many people will be willing to convert into ego cylinder though

Edit: sounds like you may also need more damage. That's also as important as using raincast
  • knightoneknightone
    Mabinogi Rep: 885
    I was hoping that someone who has seen a video of completed wave 29 and/or 30 could either give url or post information on how it was done. Or someone who was successful in completing wave 29 and/or 30 can tell us how it was done. So that such an information will be useful. Since some people are able to complete wave 30, They may have known or figured out a technique to finish these nearly impossible waves.

Rain casting is a must for crystal defense. So I did not discuss it, since I did not go in to too much details of how to run crystal defense. I have level 20 gloves and level 16 hurricane. It roughly delays agro of monsters from may be 2 sec for black spiders to 1 min for golem. So they will agro under rain cast with some delay.

It appears that less than 10 people (or more like less than 5 people) are able to reach high level (19+) on Crystal Defense per server. They already have near max damage (at least with final hit). I am not sure that the damage and skill is sufficient to finish wave 30. Hence I made this post in case if there is a clever technique that we have not figured out.

If one ever gets past wave 19 then they will know that hydra is not useful with higher level waves and will be a waste of time. In general, the mobs from level 28, 29 and 30 have very high agro and damage. Mobs from wave 29 have 50 to 100 k HP and from wave 30 have somewhere between 200 to 300 k HP. Hydra damage will be so negligible that it will be nearly impossible to see it on these monsters.
  • BlitzerBlitzer
    Mabinogi Rep: 820
    You just said you have the enemies Aggro after a certain time. That's what you are missing. With a high lv ego cylinder + raincast gloves, you can keep refreshing raincast without worry as the enemies will Never Aggro. That also means you can literally semi afk and still clear all the rounds.

No one mentioned anything about using Hydra as primary dps either. You clear the round and get points for just stalling and waiting until round is over (hence why you glitch the mobs with the gear I mentioned) . You get lots of bonus points for killing the enemies in the later rounds.
    Hydra is used to weaken the mobs to make it easier to kill a few more.

As I said in my previous post, the reason why high level/damage players aren't easily scoring 3k+ is because they aren't willing to change into ego cylinder
  • kirbystarkirbystar
    Mabinogi Rep: 715
    Blitzer, Thanks for the information. If rain cast by ego cylinder really eliminates monster agro in Crystal Defense forever as you suggest, then it will be the easiest way to complete Crystal Defense.

Unfortunately, I do not plan to change my ego for now. So I will have to try it the hard way. Some people who finished it do not have cylinder ego. So there are other possible techniques that I do not know about. But they are not as easy as the ego cylinder method.

Way of the Gun is also useful in the initial rounds when the monster HP is not too high.

Just as a rough estimate,
    wave 29, 30 monsters, average 50 k hp need 1500 k damage
    wave 30, 10 monsters, average 200 k hp, need 2000 k damage
  • knightoneknightone
    Mabinogi Rep: 885
    edited March 11, 2017
    To clear this mission, when about 60 seconds are left lullaby last monster from wave 28. Go to the top right corner and install four barrier spikes to block wasps from next spawn. If you go too close to the corner, Nexon disables the use of barrier spike near the corner and you have to go back towards center to reactivate it. But you have to get too close to the corner to make fence tight enough. So this part is very hard. Use shield of trust to move fast, if you have to go back to center.

Final hit wave 29 and then Way of the gun mostly trapped wasps.

Use demi for wave 30 and final hit as many out of 10 monsters as you can. Then mostly try to protect crystal using lullaby, shock, rain, barrier etc. Use meteor strike, judgement blade, crisis escape and way of the gun to kill any monsters that you can. Succubus has too much HP so try to avoid her. For wave 30 if you can use final hit very early then you can reuse it towards the end depending on your final hit cool down time. Since you have to take agro from wave 30 after final hit is over to protect crystal, mana shield reforge on glove helps. You can also rain again if you have rain cool down reforge on shoe that can give overlapping timings.