Check out the patch notes for the June 18th content update, My Little Pet: http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/23192/
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

So.. more advert bots huh?

Comments

• Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,440
    edited January 8, 2017
    Bot spam is actually a problem in every game, and even the best companies can't 100% get rid of them without turning a F2P game into P2P sub. Subscription games haven't been doing too well recently, so that's a bad idea. It's just not fair to legit players to restrict chat limits, plus they're scripting the game. We'd have to seriously go hardcore revamp on how Mabinogi runs in order to try the modern fixes, but other than that there's less than there was 3-5 years ago. They took notice of the dead player population, and left until someone else came in and a followed suit. Just be glad they haven't touched the party recruitment as well. We might end up having to ban certain countries from the NA server if it's been 100% confirmed that it will be the best fix, but most legit players will complain about not being able to play anymore.
  • RocisRocis
    Mabinogi Rep: 985
    edited January 8, 2017
    @Darkpixie99 Well said c: Im guessing all we can do is report these bots to the gms. On top of that we should also find the bots or "suppliers" and report them as well.
  • RocisRocis
    Mabinogi Rep: 985
    Im kinda curious what @Sabina thinks about these bots that are roaming around Tir and dunby.
  • NasumiRayneNasumiRayne
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    edited January 8, 2017
    @Darkpixie99 - Unfortunately making an F2P game into P2P doesn't solve bots at all. I know of a few games that are P2P that have botting issues both advert and farming. As for country ban - the amusing part is that many RMT companies are situated within the USA as well so that wouldn't help much in that regard. :(
  • CrimsCrims
    Mabinogi Rep: 48,250
    @Rocis That is good to hear.
  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,380
    Policroma
    Policroma said:

Problem with reporting them is they just make another character....every 3 minutes.

It's called spam for a reason. :(

We need something they can't make another one of as easily.

Find out how blizzard perma bans hackers then do that to the bots.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 45,165
    They should just IP ban them...
  • LiberateLiberate
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,915
    IP banning and banning countries wouldn't really solve much because bots will always use proxies. The time when botting was at its worst were the massive wave of Chinese gold and ore farmers, and this was during the time when the game was exclusive to North America. Best solution to a botting infestation are both players and staff working together to point out hotspots and what websites to filter.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 45,165
    edited January 10, 2017
    I know they will use proxies.... Best option is probably to make filters of the websites they are advertising orrrr... I got an idea. In past, i played one game where everytime if you spam like 5 messages too fast you get muted for 10 minutes. Maybe that would work...
  • AquarisAquaris
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    Greta
    Greta said:

I know they will use proxies.... Best option is probably to make filters of the websites they are advertising orrrr... I got an idea. In past, i played one game where everytime if you spam like 5 messages too fast you get muted for 10 minutes. Maybe that would work...
    Won't work. They'll just make a new character.
  • CrimsCrims
    Mabinogi Rep: 48,250
    I know what might help a little bit...block chinese based email providers? I mean China blocks us, so return the favor.

But then they most likely use VPN so they can access websites outside of their country...meh.