Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Elf issues, every elf veterans know

VilanoVilano
Mabinogi Rep: 755
edited September 12, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
Hi, I played as a human (15k) and I decided to try something new so I started playing as an elf since the Ladeca race skills update.
My current elf is now 5k, but that short time I spent playing on elf was sufficient to tell many issues that elves had.

Without a doubt, elves do hit hardest in terms of single target dps if all Mags are hit (*IF all mags hit) they do in fact have the range advantage which gives them good safety factors.
But as we all know, many things hinder players from actually hitting targets such as latency and server speed, which results in missing Magnums and losing a lot of dps because of misses. On top of that I think the races are quite unbalanced at this point (my opinion) considering the damage scaling are much lower for elves in close combat/fighter skills.

Here are the issues I've come across doing PvE and PvP.

- Point-Blank shots : As every archers would know, point blank shots are very easy to hit because it's closer (common sense). But because in Mabi, the aiming system is based on increasing RNG, you can totally be "unlucky" to miss a target that isn't moving and is right in front of you. Let's face it, even Throwing Attack from Giants is 100% hit rate (despite 99%) at max range, on top of that you can't even evade (using Evasion) the nuke. So if archery skills CAN miss something so close by, we can either say Giants aim better than Elves/Human (lol) or something is just wrong here. On the other hand, how many Humans were able to pass Dan 3 test on Magnum? Point Blank shots miss 50% of the time (or more) because of potato server speed issues not being on sync with the user's client. Yes, you can wait until 99% aim, but by the time you hit 60% on point blank you would get a Smash to the face.

Solution: Increase aim speed exponentially for closer range targets, or upgrade servers.

-Ranged Attack Skill : Ranged Attack skill is different for Humans and Elves. Humans have 300% aim speed with 1 arrow per shot. However, Elves have 200% aim speed with 2 arrows per shot. Although by the numbers we can say elf ranged attack could be better, Humans have this another skill called Arrow Revolver. Back then Arrow Revolver was truly over-powered skill for the humans before final hit was updated. It still overpowers elves range attack by a mile because of the Aim Speed steroid boost it gets at r1 (350% aim speed total) and additional damage. Only advantage elves really get is shorter magnum cooldown and little perks such as 50% aim while character is moving (which happens to miss most of the time).

Solution: Increase Ranged Attack base aim to 300% or 350% if Nexon feels generous.

*If Nexon increases base aim speed of elves now, wouldn't the Vision of Ladeca skill be pointless?
- Absolutely not, even with Vision, elves can miss point blanks. Also, note that elves depend on Effective Range and Magnum Shot Damage reforge on gear. Shouldn't the base aim speed be increased for the people who aren't yet into the game and wouldn't want to invest hundreds of dollars to reforge their gear?

There are much more problems such as Mirage Missile being useless, Elf character displacement issues (lol ridiculous with Sweeper S, Fleet Feet, and Festia wings), Elf Charging strike lag issues (a pause after using Charging strike), and so on...

I'm aware that NA can't really change things in game within their authority, but shouldn't it be at least considered as compensation for the low performance of the servers?

Comments

• NinzerkerNinzerker
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,640
    support!
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    Final shot is also useless
    LeiliciaZeokapapa
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    Support! and Anyone else notice that agonizingly long lag at the beginning of Final Shot? It practically takes up half of the skill's time -.-'
  • MenuodenMenuoden
    Mabinogi Rep: 695
    I support this myself as well, and I play strictly a giant.

But I 'would' love to see Desert Dervish melee combat added for elves that involves a few evasive/dancing style close combat options for elves more reliant on a formula with DEX involved; don't cripple a race just because it's a weird tree for them -- make it new and exotic! Give it flaire and appeal, such as a fencing/high reach style even that would put emphasis on the player utilizing the elves' high speed.