Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[CNR] Kitsune Ninja Hagi Wig Rendering Issue

KotlinKotlin
Mabinogi Rep: 300
edited September 25, 2017 in Archived Bugs
What is the issue?

The Kitsune Ninja Hagi Wig renders incorrectly on giant males after a period of time. Specifically, the wig renders horizontally, rather than vertically, at some distance from the Giant's head as demonstrated below. This issue reproduces 100% of the time after some duration of time. I am able to reproduce the issue within ten minutes minutes of logging in or placing the wig onto my Giant character's helmet slot. I am able to reproduce this issue regardless of whatever activity I am partaking in. I have reproduced the issue while using the Rest skill, while fighting enemies in Shadow Missions, while standing still, and while moving around. Changing channels temporarily resolves the issue. Removing and replacing the item back onto my character's helmet slot also resolves the issue temporarily. The wig stops animating when the issue begins occurring.

This seems to potentially be occurring in relation to an existing bug report that I found after submitting this bug report. Though, it could be an entirely unrelated issue.

wyORES4.jpg

QRPBsTu.jpg

What steps must be taken for us to recreate the issue?

This issue is reproducible by wearing the Kitsune Ninja Hagi Wig on a male Giant for a period of time (15 minutes should always be sufficient, however I am usually able to reproduce the issue within as few as five minutes and seem to always reproduce the issue within ten minutes).

What do you expect to happen instead?

I would expect the wig to stay on the giants head. Rather, the wig is rendered at some distance from the giants head. The giants head is only partially rendered because of this.

Potentially Related issue:
http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/4554/fwd-animations-break-every-5-minutes

Character Name: Kotlin
Server: Mari

Comments

• KatherzKatherz
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
    Hi @Kotlin, I wasn't able to reproduce this (stayed on for over 30 minutes). However, I wanted to ask a followup question. Does this issue happen after your computer goes to sleep? Or the screen darkens, or you had tabbed over to something else?
  • TechnixTechnix
    Mabinogi Rep: 665
    I've had this happen once to me on my human. I usually tab in and out of Mabinogi , maybe running another game at the same time with mabi in the background and with 20 youtube tabs open among other things. So about 80% of my RAM used up.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited September 26, 2017
    This happens with all characters who wear items which have animation on them, as such: various wiggling ears/tails, Anju/Hagi Wigs as well since there's a wiggling version of those too. Happens after you tab out a game for like at least few minutes. It fixes randomly, i can't tell how to reproduce the fix, but i can easily recreate the glitch. The tail/ears/wig renders in wrong place next to your character in mid air and they stay that way for a while, even after you move, etc and fixes itself randomly.