Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Nexon Launcher Patch Failed

Royaken666Royaken666
Mabinogi Rep: 300
in Technical Support
I know I've seen this particular issue up here once or twice, but I haven't seen my error message posted nor has anything resolved it for me yet. Here's the story.

I used to play Mabinogi quite regularly but needed to take a long break due to real life circumstances. I now have enough time to play a few times a week and thought "wow it's been a long time, I should uninstall and reinstall Mabi and the Launcher to make sure everything goes smoothly!" Well that is not happening.

I downloaded the Nexon Launcher Setup and that installs fine. Says finished and lets me select if I want shortcuts, etc. Then I try to open the launcher so I can download Mabinogi. The Nexon Launcher shows up with the words "Installing Nexon Launcher..." and after a few moments i gives me the bellow error message.
Error_zpsf14buqtn.png

Here's what I have tried to solve said issue:
- Manually installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 and then rebooting
- Changing compatibility to any of the other options AND running as Admin
- Disabling Anti Virus

So far nothing has worked. I'm sure I tried a few other things but I can't think of them off the top of my head. I would really like to get back into playing this game, but this is halting my progress. Any and all help would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

~Roy

Comments

• SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
    edited September 13, 2017
    You may have run a repair in order to fix the update files. Depending which method you launch the game in you can do repair several ways. See the thread below:
    Repair Mabi

I would recommend trying Steam to open Mabi if you haven't already as a way to narrow down the source of the error.
  • Royaken666Royaken666
    edited September 13, 2017
    I can't do a repair... When OPENING Nexon Launcher, I get that error. I never make it to a "home" screen or anything. The moment I open it, I get the "installing nexon launcher" and it fails... How do I get to the repair portion if I can't get past that?

EDIT: To confirm, it's not mabi installation that is the problem it's opening Nexon Launcher at all. I get the above error. Thank you for the reply though.
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Sounds like some of the files might be corrupted. Try to completely uninstall launcher and game then also delete any folders associated with it such as nexon or mabinogi usually found on the home drive or documents folders. You can also do a search for nexon or maginogi to find the remaining files that you want to delete. Once you have deleted everything you can try reinstalling the launcher first then download the game second. If it still fails you could try launching game through steam which would require you to download and install through its interface instead of using the launcher.
  • Royaken666Royaken666
    That's what I forgot that I had already done.I have tried to reinstall it a number of times as well as before each install, searching for ANY and ALL files that need to be removed. Thank you for reminding me, but yes I have done that already and still to no avail. -sighs- I suppose I will have to do it via Steam... not sure why I am having this issue with the launcher...
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Maybe check that you have all the latest windows updates as well and that you have updated versions of Java, Shockwave Player and Flash player installed. Sometimes if you have outdated web plugins it will cause wonky things to happen. The only other thing I can think of is to check your account permissions and make sure you have administrative rights to install programs and write to the registry.

I hope you can get Steam working at least. I haven't had any problems installing or updating via steam, but the Nexon Launcher seems to frequently crash but not sure why.