[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Could we have less sales ?

LiyetaLiyeta
Mabinogi Rep: 6,050
in Feedback and Suggestions
I can't keep up with the current sales and some item really over flood the market to the point it doesn't have any value at all.

Please slow down on the sales. >.<

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 22,335
    I wish we had less limited time sales and some more permanent shop stock.
    ErorservYangKoetepawcalypseLeineiNinzerkerkapapa
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,295
    But but but consumerism, capitalism though.
    No offense to Nexon, this is a business first.
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    If you don't want to buy it then don't buy it. Don't stop other people from funding the game.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,630
    edited September 13, 2017
    Kokoro wrote: »
    If you don't want to buy it then don't buy it. Don't stop other people from funding the game.

You missed the point about flooding the market.

There's ways to fund the game. How about.

VIP UPDATE!? UNHEARD of, RIGHT?
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,255
    Back when 100% of appearances were buyable with pons I would change my appearance nearly every week across my three strongest characters. Just to have a fresh new look to get ideas from.

I stopped. I ended up just using the dressing room as a previewer. But of course: Previewing is not money-spending. (and I would've spent more if I had more dressing room freedom. But now a large portion of that can only be obtained by committing gambling. )

I won't commit gambling.
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    TNinja wrote: »

You missed the point about flooding the market.

There's ways to fund the game. How about.

VIP UPDATE!? UNHEARD of, RIGHT?

I'm not against a VIP update. In fact I'd love one since I pay for premium every month anyway. However VIP will never be able to replace how much people spend on gachapons. They will undoubtedly still remain even when we get the VIP update.
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,745
    It would be cool if items from sales never recycled back into the game that way items can become rare and sell for billions.
  • LiyetaLiyeta
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,050
    Really log into the game and see for yourself, no one really know how to price their item due to the fact that nexon keep flipping the market every week.

The buyer refuse to pay that much gold since they think certain item will be more common next week and the seller refuse to sell their item for that low since that doesn't balance the money they spend buying gacha even though the item is super common.

Really, even fashion item internal value is dropping really hard. Some group of people think If its not this week rare item its trash and there is other group that think this week rare item is trash since it will be trash a few week from now.

Also lack of interesting new content and decreasing player base doesn't help in sustaining the player market.

Tldr: i can't take the new limited sales every week anymore >.< Please stop milking people this hard.

YangKoetepawcalypsekapapa
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,045
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Really log into the game and see for yourself, no one really know how to price their item due to the fact that nexon keep flipping the market every week.

The buyer refuse to pay that much gold since they think certain item will be more common next week and the seller refuse to sell their item for that low since that doesn't balance the money they spend buying gacha even though the item is super common.

Really, even fashion item internal value is dropping really hard. Some group of people think If its not this week rare item its trash and there is other group that think this week rare item is trash since it will be trash a few week from now.

Also lack of interesting new content and decreasing player base doesn't help in sustaining the player market.

Tldr: i can't take the new limited sales every week anymore >.< Please stop milking people this hard.

Not to mention the few items that don't lower in price cause they're desired by many (Fox tail.)
  • ValenthValenth
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,580
    Well the dynamic will change eventually.
    People will do gacha solely to get items that ~they~ want vs getting items to make gold which in turn will mean less funded into gacha by a large mass and more singular gacha spamming. :S That's how I'm looking at it now.. I used to do it to make gold but that's not an option anymore seeing that everything is dropping in price due to the bi weekly gachas.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 30,455
    Slow down revenue? Who would do that?
    pawcalypse
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 13,545
    Kind of curious, but can anyone see how often gacha sales are held in Korea and their time spans?
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 12,840
    edited September 15, 2017
    To me; this is sort of a redundant topic, because everything will come to a complete stop and go full reverse should the circumstances become the opposite. They (Nexon) are damned if they do and damned if they don't, in seemingly equal proportions. If they don't have sales; this topic will convert into.... "WE NEED MORE SALES BECAUSE X-ITEMS IN THE MARKET ARE TOO DANG EXPENSIVE!!!" ......

-- Wouldn't it be easier to find something else to sell?
  • NinzerkerNinzerker
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,640
    Pan wrote: »
    It would be cool if items from sales never recycled back into the game that way items can become rare and sell for billions.

200 possible characters per account (If you don't want any pets at all)
    5 Million Gold allowed in their banks each
    Equals 1 Billion Gold in total bankable funds maximum

So no, you're over enthusiastic avarice is simply not possible

Balancing the money they spend on gacha is just what they AREN'T doing
    Take for example if you go to work, and bring home $10, you use that same 1 hours worth of work ($10) to buy gacha and decide to sell it off
    If you spend the NEXT hour grinding for gold, you have a good sense of an hours wage in game ( G=1 hours worth of Gold)
    It took you literally the same time frame of effort to acquire both sums ($10 = G = Value of 1 hour)

This would also mean that prices fluctuate wildly as people have different personal values to comfortably sell at, resulting in times of spikes and dips for common item pricing

It IS subjective to the individual, but it's properly balanced

Instead what we see in game is competitive inflation, where one person marks their price to equal another seller without regard to supply and demand resulting in overpriced and overstocked items, and then players who have to grind for longer periods of time to get said items even though relatively common,
    added to that NEW items entering in circulation are to be priced at even higher prices on the single merit that they are new items and can't be selling their old incredibly common items for more than a low stock rares, which in turn raises prices for even newer rares snowballing till the common player has absolutely no feasible means of purchasing anything through the income of in game methods. And are then forced to acquire their gold illicitly. Which is cash essentially taken out of Nexons pocket, so they release another sale and on and on it goes

In short, it's the very whales that can be credited with keeping the servers up, that are strangling the economy, and the only way to stop it at this point is if devCAT sets a standardised price for every item.
    Until then just sit back and wait for Nexon to throw more and more cash grabs our way, and watch the overall value of a 1m gold to become worth less and less in game
    Hardmuscle
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 12,840
    edited September 17, 2017
    Ninzerker wrote: »
    Pan wrote: »

200 possible characters per account (If you don't want any pets at all)
    5 Million Gold allowed in their banks each
    Equals 1 Billion Gold in total bankable funds maximum

So no, you're over enthusiastic avarice is simply not possible

Balancing the money they spend on gacha is just what they AREN'T doing
    Take for example if you go to work, and bring home $10, you use that same 1 hours worth of work ($10) to buy gacha and decide to sell it off
    If you spend the NEXT hour grinding for gold, you have a good sense of an hours wage in game ( G=1 hours worth of Gold)
    It took you literally the same time frame of effort to acquire both sums ($10 = G = Value of 1 hour)

This would also mean that prices fluctuate wildly as people have different personal values to comfortably sell at, resulting in times of spikes and dips for common item pricing

It IS subjective to the individual, but it's properly balanced

Instead what we see in game is competitive inflation, where one person marks their price to equal another seller without regard to supply and demand resulting in overpriced and overstocked items, and then players who have to grind for longer periods of time to get said items even though relatively common,
    added to that NEW items entering in circulation are to be priced at even higher prices on the single merit that they are new items and can't be selling their old incredibly common items for more than a low stock rares, which in turn raises prices for even newer rares snowballing till the common player has absolutely no feasible means of purchasing anything through the income of in game methods. And are then forced to acquire their gold illicitly. Which is cash essentially taken out of Nexons pocket, so they release another sale and on and on it goes

In short, it's the very whales that can be credited with keeping the servers up, that are strangling the economy, and the only way to stop it at this point is if devCAT sets a standardised price for every item.
    Until then just sit back and wait for Nexon to throw more and more cash grabs our way, and watch the overall value of a 1m gold to become worth less and less in game
    You're pretty well spot on with your points....... ~ Thinking of Atlantica.