Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Awesome Pet Idea

TaikerouTaikerou
Mabinogi Rep: 500
edited September 20, 2017 in General Chat
I had this idea today and was curious about your opinions on the subject so here's my ideas core concept there's a pet that's a dragon or thunderbird that can be mounted like normal but has a secondary mount option and when this option is used the pet transforms into a weapon either a giant sword or spear or a normal sized weapon not sure which would be better what do you guys think?
  1. Whats your opinion on this?28 votes
    1. Yes, That Sounds Awesome
       36% (10 votes)
    2. No , That Sounds Stupid
       64% (18 votes)

Comments

• OriaOria
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    So, something along the lines of Magichange from Disgaea?
    That would be a fun feature to have on all pets and not just some ^.^
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Seems like it would be more effective to have the pet act as a small boost, perhaps by "merging" with the weapon being used, similar to how mounting a sprite gives you additional bonuses on your character.

I mean, I cannot image the weapon being very powerful in the long run.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Well, that's an interesting idea.

But, now I'm imagining a sort of mirror version of this idea.
    What if Ego weapons could also morph into mounts?
    [Deleted User]JJYuciCrimsọn
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    So I'm guessing we would then use the pet as a weapon kinda like how lime sprites attach to our backs? if it's not as powerful as the weapons we already have it would be pointless and no one would bother using it.... and even if it is they would have to change how being hit almost always knocks you out of mount status. I can't imagine trying to use my pet as a weapon only to have it knocked out of my hand every time a monster got a hit on me. Then people would get upset that a pet came out that can make any newb have a weapon as strong as their end game weapon? Maybe I'm just not getting what you mean but it seems more trouble than it's worth.
    Oria
  • OriaOria
    Seems like it would be more effective to have the pet act as a small boost, perhaps by "merging" with the weapon being used, similar to how mounting a sprite gives you additional bonuses on your character.

I guess it would be like the Spirit Weapon thing all over again, wouldn't it? ^.^;;
    Also, would you be able to use Divine Link with the pet "merged" or "turned into a weapon"?
  • OriaOria
    Arjune wrote: »
    So I'm guessing we would then use the pet as a weapon kinda like how lime sprites attach to our backs? if it's not as powerful as the weapons we already have it would be pointless and no one would bother using it.... and even if it is they would have to change how being hit almost always knocks you out of mount status. I can't imagine trying to use my pet as a weapon only to have it knocked out of my hand every time a monster got a hit on me. Then people would get upset that a pet came out that can make any newb have a weapon as strong as their end game weapon? Maybe I'm just not getting what you mean but it seems more trouble than it's worth.

I guess it could go along the lines of ECO, Emil Chronicles Online, with having the pet(s) merge with certain equips on the character while giving a partial buff based on a percentage of the pet's stats. As for the getting hit, the pets that merged who also receive partial damage based on the damage you receive, and would un-summon once down.
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    I wish our Spirit Weapons became mountable pets.
  • OriaOria
    pawcalypse wrote: »
    I wish our Spirit Weapons became mountable pets.

I wish our Spirit Weapons became Partners that held a weapon that relates to them.
    Could even make that a skill that you get at a certain Social level with your Spirit Weapon.
    But then they would have to make an event to emphasize that with ways to level your spirit weapon faster, so some players wouldn't miss out.
    pawcalypse
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    It's an interesting concept but it comes down to whether Devcat would be willing to or have the ability to implement it.
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    Depends on if they can be used as an actual weapon that can be enchanted/special upgraded or just something for fashion.

And would love to see what happens if you blew your pet up with an enchant..
    Kensamaofmari
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited September 20, 2017
    Oria wrote: »

I guess it would be like the Spirit Weapon thing all over again, wouldn't it? ^.^;;
    Also, would you be able to use Divine Link with the pet "merged" or "turned into a weapon"?

Pets are more or less just tanky, which brings up a problem with such a weapon having possible health. In any case, multipliers may be the best option.

Divine Link does boost damage, and the amount if added to our weapons is quite large, admittingly.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Iyasenu wrote: »

damn right lemme ride my spicy mace mmmmh

A mount with no summon limit sounds better than a weapon with a HP bar to me
    pawcalypse
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited September 21, 2017
    Eralea wrote: »

damn right lemme ride my spicy mace mmmmh

A mount with no summon limit sounds better than a weapon with a HP bar to me

My idea is similar to how the Sprite pets can become part of the player. Combined the player bears the wings of the Spirit Weapon, hover, acquire some stat bonus, and boost any weapon specific to the Spirit Weapon (ex: blunt weapons for the Mace Spirit). I wish the player also gains the animations or at least similar to the Spirit Weapon's movements.

The designer of the game, from what I notice, always wants the player to have wings on them; certain Transformations, the numerous gachapon wings, the gods and goddesses, etc.
  • EastSeaEastSea
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,260
    Pretty sweet idea. Totally for it.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    But when do we form Voltron?
    pawcalypse
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Well, that's an interesting idea.

But, now I'm imagining a sort of mirror version of this idea.

I approve. Lets scrap this thread and go to the SUGGESTIONS FORUM.
    pawcalypse