Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Maximizing magic damage and spell effects

DreadhawkDreadhawk
Mabinogi Rep: 2,525
in Help
Hey.

Mabi Vet here.

I've only recently begun working on my mage skills and have gotten most to rank 1 that can be gotten (minus Inspiration, Lightning Rod and Snap Cast).

I've observed some folks that can take a full charge of Ice Spear to Shyllien Nature Reserve district 2 and shoot it directly in the middle of all the plants and sasquatches. As it bursts outward, it makes its way around to the edges and then the mobs respawn by the time it makes its way back again. These ice spear explosions are huge. When I attempt the same, I can sort of wipe out the whole group near the giant Shyllien crystal, depending on how often the explosions crit and how spread out they are during respawns, but I've never managed to figure out how they make theirs so massive.

I'm assuming Magic Damage alone isn't the culprit and the only other things I can think of are master titles that affect ice-spell efficiency (such as Master of Ice or Mast of Ice Spear) and reforges, though I haven't personally seen any reforges that increase ice spear explosion range.

Any help is appreciated, as I'm currently using the Merlin talent and would like to figure out what I can do to maximize my effectiveness while I'm finishing up these last few skills.

Thanks!

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    There actually is a reforge for increasing the radius of Ice Spear's explosion range.

It can appear on Gloves, and grants 20 additional distance, per level, to the explosion. (r1's base distance is 600)
    Dreadhawk
  • KagaKaga
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,170
    You can get that reforge on accessories too.
    Max level on gloves is 20 and on accessories, 3.

The ones on accessories gives 30+ distance per level, compared to the glove that gives 20+

Hmu if you need help with skills like Blaze or Firebolt.
  • DreadhawkDreadhawk
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,525
    Thanks, both of you.

That's going to take some money, but I'll see if I can work towards getting those reforges, haha.