Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Rainbow Sprite, no longer changes colour?

NasumiRayneNasumiRayne
Mabinogi Rep: 2,265
edited January 12, 2017 in Bugs and Glitches
I've had a rainbow sprite for oh.. aeons (5+ years) and have been using it constantly since my return. However I just now took notice that it .. doesn't change colour like it used to oh so many years ago. It remains a steady light blue and never changes. After having observed this I've had it out for the last 30mins and not one single change in colour or hue.

What is the issue?
-- Rainbow sprite does not change colour.

What steps must be taken for us to recreate the issue?
-- Simply summon your rainbow sprite and observe the lack of colour change from anything but light blue.

What do you expect to happen instead?
-- It used to cycle through a rainbow of colours over a short period of time.

Visual Evidence:
Image: http://oi65.tinypic.com/2ypdp2c.jpg
Video:

IGN: Nasumirayne
SERV: Mari
  1. Has this been observed by you as well?4 votes
    1. Yes, it doesn't change colour.
       100% (4 votes)
    2. No, you're out of your mind!
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    edited January 12, 2017
    Please provide a video of this issue to make it a complete report.

I own the pet as well and posted the issue to the old forum a couple years ago about it. I'm not sure if it was ever looked into or not though. The pet does still change colors, but the timer is either just random or very lengthy.
  • NasumiRayneNasumiRayne
    edited January 12, 2017
    Will do, will try to make it as long as possible accordingly. In the meantime I supplied a picture of the current colour.

Edit: go figure... it just now changed after a very long period of time. -.-; Guess it should be noted the change of colour is just very long compared to what it used to be thus rendering this report invalid.
    [Deleted User]
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    edited January 12, 2017
    XD Same thing happened to me. I was like, Why are you not changing! Darn you! Oh wait, you finally did after like 20 mins! Grr!

It's ok. The report can still remain since this is still an issue that can be addressed. I remember when the sprite would change every couple mins or so. I miss that a lot.

EDIT: Ah, here's the original thread about the issue in case you want to check it out. Old forums poof at the end of the month so this thread will vanish by then. D: http://mabinogi.nexon.net/Community/forums#/showthread.php?988986-Rainbow-Sprite-Bug&nxid=10
    [Deleted User]
  • NasumiRayneNasumiRayne
    edited January 12, 2017
    Video added accordingly (low res as it's all that's needed). 5 minutes no change. Also thanks for the thread pointer.. I will be reviewing it as well shortly.

edit: sprite is 33% exp at around lv64.. and it's always well fed. So that has no relation to it unfortunately.