Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Why is automatic fishing broken?

KysiraiKysirai
Mabinogi Rep: 1,695
edited December 15, 2016 in Technical Support
I always pick up special bait that people drop and have noticed that recently continuous auto fishing doesn't seem to work. Is there a new option to turn it on that I'm not aware of or has auto fishing been removed?

Comments

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Auto fishing works just fine. It's only the event bait from an event that is no longer running that it won't work with.
    Kysirai
  • KysiraiKysirai
    Thank you for telling me. It seems a bit unnecessary though, why even change it?
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Kysirai
    Kysirai said:

Thank you for telling me. It seems a bit unnecessary though, why even change it?
    They didn't change it. Just for some unknown reason the event bait didn't disappear or expire like bait from all other fishing events. Because of that it's glitchy.
  • KysiraiKysirai
    Ktty
    Ktty said:

Kysirai
    Kysirai said:

They didn't change it. Just for some unknown reason the event bait didn't disappear or expire like bait from all other fishing events. Because of that it's glitchy.
    Ah alrighty. That makes a lot more sense. Again thank you for explaining ^^
  • SaiannaSaianna
    Mabinogi Rep: 840
    Oh so that's the reason! I've been also having this issue and was so confused!
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    It's meant to do this as the event is off. Sometimes special baits do this...other times it doesn't. It really depends on how it was coded. There are other baits from other events that are not effected like this. This one just so happens to do that oddly. If they bring about the same fishing event...they could possibly fix it up, but that would be up to Nexon KR. Since there doesn't seem to be a problem with the bait or fishing...it will most likely be left alone.

The reason the other baits are timed is because they don't want people to have an advantage of pulling more of said limited items from fishing. This one doesn't expire and was not meant to for a reason.....there is no real gain for all the items fished up with this bait. With the event turned off...one could no longer obtain support coupons. So there really is no need to have this bait expire really. It will run it's course.