Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

So can someone explain to us what is happening...

CrimsọnCrimsọn
Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
edited September 26, 2017 in Town Square
With the freaking forums? We can't edit anymore. This is going to suck for legitimate purposes on here. Also what the hell is this forum rank system thing?

Test...welp looks like we...or I am able to edit my thread. Just not my comments.

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I assume edit abuse has occurred.
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    Editing is gone? Rip.
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Rip we can't edit at all. When I saw this I thought they reverted it back to 5 minutes after posting you can edit but nope.

Imagine proofreading and posting and then catching that one last but obvious mistake you somehow overlooked.
    TheNyanCat wrote: »
    Rip we can't edit at all. When I saw this I thought they reverted it back to 5 minutes after posting you can edit but nope.

Imagine proofreading and posting and then catching that one last but obvious mistake you somehow overlooked.

I guess it's supposed to be a lesson so we don't end up like Donald Trump or in case we end up posting something that may be turned over to authorities, or maybe I'm thinking too much on the reasoning.
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    I would almost bet money it has something to do with @Kouyioue complaining about Stealth Edits. The problem with this complaint is that Edits themselves are Stealthy by nature. It's not like someone knows when it's safe to Edit what they wrote and when it's not safe. That's to say; how the hell are you supposed to know who is reading your post (literally right after you made it) and while you're editing your typos? Because heaven forbid you correct yourself before 20 trolls get the chance to do it first. :trollface:

Like Mr Trump said, he's got a lot of time on his hands, but all he does it work.
    Can't take that back..

But what the heck is a stealth edit? You can't evade everything. It's the internet.
    [Deleted User]
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    edited September 26, 2017
    It looks like the Maple team is on the case! forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/16439/forums-cant-edit-posts-anymore#Comment_60204

EDIT: Will the edit option reappear for you guys after refreshing the page right after making a new post?
    [Deleted User]
  • NaupikoNaupiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,320
    Hi! I made an art shop and I'm constantly editing my main posts just to make sure they look alright, I've been wanting to edit one of my posts again but it's saying I don't have permission to edit my own posts,, in my own thread I made? Unsure if it's just cause I'm a new account, or that i'm only allowed to edit my posts within a certain time ...or if I was editing them too much? But I'd love some insight! (I don't intend to delete the post, but just thought I'd also put that the option to delete any of my messages is gone as well.)
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Lol it's ok. ^^ I gotcha! Ty for trying. I wasn't sure if refreshing or anything else worked.
    [Deleted User]
    Time to go into patience mode, dig in and wait.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Test.

I am able to edit my comments. Can someone else test this out?
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    Test 2

Edit: Works now I think, at least for me.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Yep looks like they fixed it...or gave it back to us. Heh.

DON'T MESS WITH IT AGAIN. RAWR.
    [Deleted User]
    See, it wasn't that bad.
    [Deleted User]
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    See, it wasn't that bad.

It could of been if we didn't gripe about it.
    KensamaofmariTheNyanCat
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Gaea wrote: »
    See, it wasn't that bad.

I would imagine even if we didn't complain or report it, they would notice that 99% of the user base is being blocked from basic features. Eventually
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    See, it wasn't that bad.

I would imagine even if we didn't complain or report it, they would notice that 99% of the user base is being blocked from basic features. Eventually

No dude, if we didn't complain, they wouldn't notice or bother. I am pretty confident in that assumption. Thankfully though we weren't the only community complaining about it.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Shoog wrote: »
    It looks like the Maple team is on the case! forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/16439/forums-cant-edit-posts-anymore#Comment_60204

EDIT: Will the edit option reappear for you guys after refreshing the page right after making a new post?

So many edits mentioned in a post
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    TNinja wrote: »
    Shoog wrote: »

So many edits mentioned in a post

We got edits for your edits dawg!
    [Deleted User]
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Gaea freaks out when editing gets removed.

Psh no wonder, she edits her posts every minute :trollface:
    [Deleted User]
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Greta wrote: »
    Gaea freaks out when editing gets removed.

Psh no wonder, she edits her posts every minute :trollface:

My mind doesn't function that well anymore. When I read something I write it seems correct but after I post it it's not correct.
    [Deleted User]Sai