Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

E-mail change verification problem.

CatheCathe
Mabinogi Rep: 735
in Technical Support
The e-mail account I used to sign up was made unusable due to problems with the provider I was using. So I went to change my e-mail associated with my account, but the verification message isn't showing up. Not in spam, not in the inbox. So my question is if this is just currently broken, or if the providers I have tried ( AOL and GMail ) are just known not to accept the verification e-mail. I would like to keep access to my account should I ever need to recover it.

Thanks for any help or advice.

Comments

• ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Have you tried using different browsers when submitting the verification request? There has been times that players haven't received the email just because the site wanted to be finicky with browsers other than Internet Explorer. I tried to create a new game account a while back when using Chrome, but the verification email would never arrive to my email. I switched to IE and bingo, got it without issue. Just a possible solution to try, just in case it happens to work.
  • CatheCathe
    Shoog wrote: »
    Have you tried using different browsers when submitting the verification request? There has been times that players haven't received the email just because the site wanted to be finicky with browsers other than Internet Explorer. I tried to create a new game account a while back when using Chrome, but the verification email would never arrive to my email. I switched to IE and bingo, got it without issue. Just a possible solution to try, just in case it happens to work.

I actually saw you suggest this in another thread after I posted and gave it a try. Unfortunately I didn't have any luck with Chrome, Firefox, or IE.

Looking at the page I thought maybe it was sending the verification to my old e-mail instead of the new one. But my brother tried it with his account and both the new one and his current one didn't get anything. ( One is GMail, the other is AOL, so if it's a hidden spam blocking issue, they both have it. )
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    My neighbor (offline) had the same problem recently. He ended up being blocked for requesting to resend the email verification too many times (because it never came). He was only able to resolve this after a talk with the GM who replied to his ticket. They told him to clear his cache and he exploded, because it's obviously not his cache if email from the GM was being received. Two minutes later the email came through. So.. file a ticket and talk to them. ~ https://support-mabinogi.nexon.net/hc/en-us

I'm actually looking at the ticket page now and there's one for specifically requesting an e-mail change. Unfortunately it looks like my current address was used for a different Nexon game, so my Mabinogi account would be different. I'll probably just break down and make a new e-mail and hope the change form works.

Thanks you two for the suggestions. (:
  • CatheCathe
    I just wanted to add that I managed to get this resolved by submitting a ticket. I did have to create a new e-mail address ( yet another to keep track of ), but the matter was handled within a few hours of posting the ticket. Super stoked by how quick the response was compared to ticket business five years ago. Thusly this matter has been resolved.
    [Deleted User]Shoogasnscorpio
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    Yeah, sometimes it gets hung up. I've had that happen. Usually wait 1-2 days to see what happened to it and resubmit. Don't get carried away by submitting more than two or three times. Once it goes through it pops up like crazy. Sadly for a faster response the way you did it was best. I know there are a handful of e-mail providers that they do have trouble with I'm not sure where the list went when they posted it...could be lost in the other forums they had.