Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

This is ridiculous

KreddKredd
Mabinogi Rep: 510
in Technical Support
Hi, I've been a player of Mabinogi for a long time now and I decided to hop on after some time, maybe a year or so, but now I can't even get into my main account. I am posting here on an alt account.
Nexon will not send me a password reset code.
The email is correct, I use Gmail and I have set Nexon as a contact to prevent any possible blocks, I've even tried to sign up with the email and it is in use, so I know it wasn't changed or something.
It's been a year since I last got on, this SUCKS.
Has anyone else gotten this problem? My other emails get the reset immediately! I've waited a whole day now and NOTHING has been sent to my main account. I don't know what to do, and sending a ticket is going to be a pain, I'm sure.

Comments

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Are you using IExplorer? The site is specifically designed for it. Using other web browsers can cause problems like this. So if you're using firefox, chrome, etc... use IExplorer when using options such as this on Nexon sites.
  • KreddKredd
    edited January 15, 2017
    Ktty
    Ktty said:

Are you using IExplorer? The site is specifically designed for it. Using other web browsers can cause problems like this. So if you're using firefox, chrome, etc... use IExplorer when using options such as this on Nexon sites.
    I've actually tried this, got no luck. I don't understand how using a different browser would even affect sending an email anyways, considering I can't even log in. It worked on chrome just fine for my other accounts, so this isn't a browser issue at all.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Do you have popup/adware blockers installed? Those can cause problems like this also even if Nexon sites are listed as an exception. For the sake of argument did you actually check the spam folder (yes I know you said you added Nexon as a contact). Are you using a Email program (like outlook ar something else) or are you going to the email site in your browser? I had the problem with deliveries before because I hadn't actually logged directly to the email site in a long time (I had been using an email software to connect). When I went to the site it had me update many things when I logged in and was able to get normal email delivery afterwards. Also have you tried doing it from a different computer (if you have access to one and yes for some unknown reason a single account has been known to have this problem when others don't on a pc). You may even wish to try the password reset from a Phone or tablet if you have one.

As for the IExplorer thing it has to do with the way the browser uses the code embedded in the site to trigger sending the email. Not all browsers use the code properly. IExplorer is the only one that Nexon specifically codes the site for use with it, so it can cause problems with other browsers.

If all else fails you can submit a support ticket. You will be required to send them a lot of info to prove that the account is yours to use though (this is to prevent someone else from accessing your account pretending to be you).
  • KreddKredd
    edited January 15, 2017
    Ktty
    Ktty said:

Do you have popup/adware blockers installed? Those can cause problems like this also even if Nexon sites are listed as an exception. For the sake of argument did you actually check the spam folder (yes I know you said you added Nexon as a contact). Are you using a Email program (like outlook ar something else) or are you going to the email site in your browser? I had the problem with deliveries before because I hadn't actually logged directly to the email site in a long time (I had been using an email software to connect). When I went to the site it had me update many things when I logged in and was able to get normal email delivery afterwards. Also have you tried doing it from a different computer (if you have access to one and yes for some unknown reason a single account has been known to have this problem when others don't on a pc). You may even wish to try the password reset from a Phone or tablet if you have one.

As for the IExplorer thing it has to do with the way the browser uses the code embedded in the site to trigger sending the email. Not all browsers use the code properly. IExplorer is the only one that Nexon specifically codes the site for use with it, so it can cause problems with other browsers.

If all else fails you can submit a support ticket. You will be required to send them a lot of info to prove that the account is yours to use though (this is to prevent someone else from accessing your account pretending to be you).
    I stated I used gmail, I have checked spam, I'll try these out, if they don't work sending a ticket is a lost cause for me since I forgot some of the security info. Oh well. Looks like my account is gone!
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Yeah they do that to protect inactive accounts. Does a message pop up when that happens? If not they should really make one.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    Sometimes you just need to wait a while and resubmit for a verification code. It does get hung up sometimes. I think the most I've had to resend the code was about 5 times before I actually obtained one. It really is a sit and let it reset and try again after a while. Hope you get it soon.
  • KreddKredd
    Thank you guys, I'll figure this out. It's just pretty frustrating LOL
    [Deleted User]