Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Alexina troll housing shop

Comments

• SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    edited October 24, 2017
    The toxicity of the community really shines through here

It's really not that funny. Any person desperately seeking an outfit or item of interest then finding said item on the board for a pretty cheap price, when in reality the housing is full and set up for an elaborate and premeditated prank, is just a scummy thing to. And don't say "oh, that's just life"- yeah, life can be pretty damn irritating and unfair on its own. You don't need to assist it on that front. You gain nothing, unless you find joy in upsetting others, which is a different, more enigmatic and distasteful problem.

SaiSherriYokkaichipawcalypseEramyst
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Has this community seriously gotten to a point where someone going out of their way to smash/hurt others' hopes for an item into pieces can be called 'funny'? You guys are honestly pathetic.

I am more of the idea of "Too good to be true". Of course, I am not excusing things like the "Nigerian Prince" scams, but I generally do not find this to be quite harmful. It isn't a direct conversation dictating a transaction that is backed out, the prices are incredibly low and most know it, and the harm is minimal.

At least, how I see it. I do think it depends on the expected amount of grief or annoyance an action can generate, and I am just not seeing it.
    GretapawcalypseTairiku
  • KimCheolsuKimCheolsu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,625
    Arjune wrote: »
    Policroma wrote: »
    Well, all this here evil plotting out in the open has pretty much guaranteed they'll never raise the housing cap. ^^;

all they have to do is take down all housing flyers when they make the changes, and if people don't read the announcements before pricing their items again and putting out flyers then that's their fault. Korean players went through the changes too somehow, right? I always read announcements and patch notes when we have a maintenance

I think saying that it's their fault if they don't read announcements before putting up flyers wouldn't be fair. I don't always read the news after a maintenance, and I don't think everyone does. That would cause a lot of trouble for nexon too, since they'll have a lot of tickets and complaints for that.

Maybe have a mandatory message for everyone to read and agree to before jumping into the game?
    Sherri
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    I kinda like this shop just because it let's me try on stuff that I would never be able to afford and stuff that is never generally put on sale.
    Leilicia
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    I am more of the idea of "Too good to be true". Of course, I am not excusing things like the "Nigerian Prince" scams, but I generally do not find this to be quite harmful. It isn't a direct conversation dictating a transaction that is backed out, the prices are incredibly low and most know it, and the harm is minimal.

At least, how I see it. I do think it depends on the expected amount of grief or annoyance an action can generate, and I am just not seeing it.

To me it's not the action that is disgusting me (though I detest house "shops" like this). It's the fact that every time something like this is brought up on forums there are at least ten different people who make a joke out of other people getting bummed out at not being able to buy something. Both of these things need to be addressed: housing changes, and this community's griefing habit.
    SebastianSherripawcalypseEramyst
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Oh, this is what i have been talking about. Now posts here are getting similar like these salty notes, but look more civil here. Lol at people getting upset for cheap pixels.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Calm down guyz. The stuff in that troll shop isn't high grade guds anyways. Maybe if they're FSN puppets/Decked out Metagame gearz/Out-of-Print event exclusives items. I'd bat a slight eye. :*
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    Greta wrote: »
    Oh, this is what i have been talking about. Now posts here are getting similar like these salty notes, but look more civil here. Lol at people getting upset for cheap pixels.

You're doing great, sweetie. Congrats for being a part of the problem with this community.
    SherriLeiliciaVeylaine
  • GretaGreta
    edited October 25, 2017
    Sebastian wrote: »

You're doing great, sweetie. Congrats for being a part of the problem with this community.

Lol. I mean, who would believe that someone would willingly sell a gacha rare for 1-50k in housing to random people??? Sure, some people might not know the price of each items, but i'm pretty sure that newbies don't possess housing, so yeah... Usually gacha whales posses such things and they pretty much live off from gacha sales, which means they will know the value of items. No need to be upset, because no one would ever want to sell their wings for 1 gold. Nope... The problem of community are people who expect to scam off others indirectly by trying to find cheap items which sellers forgot to add extra 0's, stealing accidentally dropped item and so on.
    EramystLeilicia
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    edited October 25, 2017
    Lol. I mean, who would believe that someone would willingly sell a gacha rare for 1-50k in housing to random people??? Sure, some people might not know the price of each items, but i'm pretty sure that newbies don't possess housing, so yeah... Usually gacha whales posses such things and they pretty much live off from gacha sales, which means they will know the value of items. No need to be upset, because no one would ever want to sell their wings for 1 gold. Nope... The problem of community are people who expect to scam off others indirectly by trying to find cheap items which sellers forgot to add extra 0's, stealing accidentally dropped item and so on.

OUCH!!! that hurts i feel guilty but yeah i do that i was able t buy some mispriced items many times and never told the seller about it
    and picking up items dropped by players to sell and sell items cheaper price near shops that sell same items

im still hoping that there are some rich players that would sell items cheaper to help others
  • MegitronMegitron
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,620
    I totally fell for it.
    Good work on them. xP
    pawcalypse
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Lol. I mean, who would believe that someone would willingly sell a gacha rare for 1-50k in housing to random people???

Anyone that is new to the game? Or are you that self-centered?
    Nope... The problem of community are people who expect to scam off others indirectly by trying to find cheap items which sellers forgot to add extra 0's, stealing accidentally dropped item and so on.

I mean that's a problem too, but I don't see people mocking the ones who accidentally forgot a zero and got burned like I am in this thread.
    Sebastian
  • GretaGreta
    edited October 26, 2017
    Lol. I mean, who would believe that someone would willingly sell a gacha rare for 1-50k in housing to random people???

Anyone that is new to the game? Or are you that self-centered?
    Nope... The problem of community are people who expect to scam off others indirectly by trying to find cheap items which sellers forgot to add extra 0's, stealing accidentally dropped item and so on.

I mean that's a problem too, but I don't see people mocking the ones who accidentally forgot a zero and got burned like I am in this thread.

Where's mocking? I'm only pointing out how it's useless to be upset of something that's too obvious. It's not like you are harmed by someones trolling, just laugh and move on. There's more serious things to be upset about in this world instead of trying to be a saint and calling a house owner a troll, go be upset at actual scammers and botters. It's owners house, they can do anything they want with it, you can't dictate what price they must leave there. Sheesh.
    ShouKTairikuEramyst
  • TairikuTairiku
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,910
    I get you're bummed out, but there's no point in taking something as minuscule as this so seriously. If people wanna laugh at it let them laugh, the preaching about being an upstanding citizen of the community diatribe feels so very unnecessary lol
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    edited October 26, 2017
    Where's mocking? I'm only pointing out how it's useless to be upset of something that's too obvious.
    Royalty wrote: »
    This is hilarious :D

It's more hilarious to read the notes of salty players who had their hopes up for buying White Dominion Wings for 50k. :trollface:

Page-2-you would like a word with present-you.
  • GretaGreta
    edited October 26, 2017
    Where's mocking? I'm only pointing out how it's useless to be upset of something that's too obvious.
    Royalty wrote: »
    This is hilarious :D

It's more hilarious to read the notes of salty players who had their hopes up for buying White Dominion Wings for 50k. :trollface:

Page-2-you would like a word with present-you.

Did you write these harassing notes to the house owners calling them with N word and also telling them other awful things which i'm not allowed to even mention here? Were you the one? Because i didn't actually target YOU. I just commented what i saw myself, because some people posted screenshots of the harassing notes they got in Facebook group, since few players got really upset of not being able to buy gacha rares for 1 gold lol.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    So you did send notes to these house owners calling them with N word and also telling them other awful things? Were you the one? Because i didn't actually target YOU. I just commented what i saw myself, because some people posted screenshots of the harassing notes they got in Facebook group, because few players got upset of not being able to buy gacha rares for 1 gold lol.

Context is everything. Might as well put both the noter and owner in the same barrel in that case, but not everyone who is salty is gonna go out of their way to harass the owner.
  • GretaGreta
    I give up... :|
  • TairikuTairiku
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,910
    .... I'd say getting verbally bashed with derogatory names is a wee bit different than getting passively pranked out of a lowball price.
    [Deleted User]Sherri