Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mabinogi NA Potential Tie-Ups Discussion Thread

Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
edited October 23, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions

Okay, first up before any comments, are the conditions that the suggested tie up has to follow:
_____
-The company/copyright originates from/loans to the USA
-Any anime/manga where JP has the only copyrights to is disqualified, especially if the anime is low popularity and has already been done once.
-Any manhwa (KR comic) is also disqualified if not popular in the US.
-Any large and well known company such as Disney are probably going to be difficult for Nexon staff to manage copyright issues, but item and costume suggestions are still welcome.
-Event ideas are welcome, just as long as you describe them well enough for others to understand your madness.
-Any car company would be hilarious, but try to think a bit outside the box.
-Keep the other company and Mabinogi's intended audience in mind, as Vmods won't be too happy about inappropriate ones.
_____
Suggestions I'm most interested to see are what would and wouldn't work for the NA servers, based on USA companies and IP.
Keep in mind that very rarely do we ever witness the almighty GMs sending our wishes over to KR for stuff to actually happen, so don't take things too seriously and have fun!
502e9b0f39865130093fdff2d99eccb140258fb9_hq.gif
Sherri
  1. You aren't suggesting a new event, because you...16 votes
    1. Want The Return Of Hatsune Miku (And Crew)
       13% (2 votes)
    2. Want The Return Of SAO (And GGO)
       13% (2 votes)
    3. Want The Return Of FATE (series)
       13% (2 votes)
    4. Want Another Anime/Manga/Manhwa Event
       25% (4 votes)
    5. Can't think of something else at the moment
       19% (3 votes)
    6. Don't Want Another Tie-Up, But A Brand New or Real Life Inspired Event
       19% (3 votes)

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    Too bad everything that we know and enjoy originates in Japan or Korea. 9dnGeIh.png
    Then again, maybe it doesn't have to be something from America? Perhaps our friends up north can help us out?
    Though I can see Canada helping out with MapleStory more hahaha.. funny joke U_ U
    Or down south? Oh wait. I don't think Mexico likes us very much after.. um..

Let's just have Nexon NA visit Ireland, Scotland, Wales and England. They'll bring back some cool Celtic stuff, maybe some British guard outfits.
    English royalty event, sign me up. Tea and crumpets! Tally ho! England is Celtic too! Big Ben chair that chimes when the Dunby clocks do (or whatever town also has those bells)

(Okay at this point my mind is just entering Limbo, maybe somebody else can actually think of something cool. x_x)
    Leilicia
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited October 20, 2017
    Sherri wrote: »
    Too bad everything that we know and enjoy originates in Japan or Korea. 9dnGeIh.png
    Then again, maybe it doesn't have to be something from America? Perhaps our friends up north can help us out?
    Though I can see Canada helping out with MapleStory more hahaha.. funny joke U_ U
    Or down south? Oh wait. I don't think Mexico likes us very much after.. um..

Let's just have Nexon NA visit Ireland, Scotland, Wales and England. They'll bring back some cool Celtic stuff, maybe some British guard outfits.
    English royalty event, sign me up. Tea and crumpets! Tally ho! England is Celtic too! Big Ben chair that chimes when the Dunby clocks do (or whatever town also has those bells)

(Okay at this point my mind is just entering Limbo, maybe somebody else can actually think of something cool. x_x)
    tenor.gif?itemid=4911539
    Tea and crumpets, oh the fun we could have with new cooking additions!
    Maplestory is always crossing over with Mabi, but maybe Fiesta could work.
    But yeah, any other country besides JP and KR are what Nexon NA staff would probably go after first, as it's just so much simpler.
    Would be interesting to see more celtic inspired items...but most Mabi players are probably a bit tired of seeing that all the time.
    YangKoete
  • SherriSherri
    Yeah,.. though we have been getting Korean/Japanese stuff all the time. Plus this game is supposed to be Celtic. One reason why I love the game so much.
    We already have like Skyrim with the Nordic and basically every MMO does the same old Japanese/Asianese route -_-
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited October 20, 2017
    Yeah,.. though we have been getting Korean/Japanese stuff all the time. Plus this game is supposed to be Celtic. One reason why I love the game so much.
    We already have like Skyrim with the Nordic and basically every MMO does the same old Japanese/Asianese route -_-

I know, it's tough thinking outside of the anime KR/JP localisations!
    Oh, speaking of Skyrim, I wonder what would even happen if such a crossover were possible?
    I mean graphics wise, Vindictus would be a more likely candidate, but it's still an idea.
    The only thing I know about Skyrim is that dragons exist, and that's about it.
    Maybe another slay a dragon event sort of deal?
    World of Warcraft would probably be an easier mix, with the whole having elves and mixed races thing... not to mention the mountains of lore inspired items Blizzard could port over. Just the idea of Nexon+Blizzard sends shivers down my wallet at the thought of massive potential.

*edit*
    A WoW RP event involving Mabi players picking a side to fight in a Horde vs Alliance war with faction themed items would totally be cool, and stuff that would fit into mabi most would be... I'm still thinking about that, I'll have images in a spoiler in later.

The only character I remember that my nerdy WoW geeky ex friend (we no longer talk) was excited about seeing again is Sylvanas Windrunner, and her armor could work for Mabinogi Elves, maybe even female humans.
    latest?cb=20081112030506

And everyone remembers the Lich King, right? Should work for Giants/Male Humans.
    Definitely could see people paying big bucks just to gachapon for his tie up set.
    640?cb=20110520025600jvdnCmS.png

Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    A WoW crossover event would be pretty cool. I never was into the game but I know it's really popular.
    I know a friend whose(whos?) dad plays it all the time.
    I wish we could have an Attack on Titan crossover but sheesh.. that'll probably never happen. I heard MapleStory got one. ;-;
    I'd hate to spend money to get stuff though but that's all Nexon/DevCat seems to do with crossovers.
    Money, money, money.
    Might as well give us a Payday 2 crossover at this rate.
    ..That would be hilarious now that I think about it
    Too bad that games pretty much out of the question. Rated M I think.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    A WoW crossover event would be pretty cool. I never was into the game but I know it's really popular.
    I know a friend whose(whos?) dad plays it all the time.
    I wish we could have an Attack on Titan crossover but sheesh.. that'll probably never happen. I heard MapleStory got one. ;-;
    I'd hate to spend money to get stuff though but that's all Nexon/DevCat seems to do with crossovers.
    Money, money, money.
    Might as well give us a Payday 2 crossover at this rate.
    ..That would be hilarious now that I think about it
    Too bad that games pretty much out of the question. Rated M I think.

Actually I think WoW is rated Teen, so while Payday 2 might be out of the question, WoW would be plausible...as long as the Nexon devs see eye to eye with Blizzard.
    (And text gets nerfed or watered down to... what was mabi's rating again, E10+ or something?)
    I have to agree that a tie up event involving only paid merchandise would be rather lame, but we're not really expecting much from Nexon when it comes to FIG anyways.
    (Free Item Grants)
    If Attack on Titan had an event with event grants, involving tail or tara, then I bet we'd see a spike in the server population, a small, but subtle momentary spike.
  • SherriSherri
    I remember in some parts of the story, characters in Mabinogi would swear quite often. I think Duncan does once..
    Also, can't forget Kyle. Almost as bad as my dad loool

I hope there is an AoT crossover.
    I would hoard gold to get an Armin Doll Bag or mini gem.
    Or anything really.
    HE IS SO ADORABLE SQUEE
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Oh please no, lol. ~ I came to Laginogi to get away from MapleCrack. ~ Why you do this to me?! :lol:

I bet the moment we get Maplestory 2, there's going to be some sort of promotional event in Mabinogi.
    Even if it is just the same recycled one over again, it probably will still haunt you.
    I remember in some parts of the story, characters in Mabinogi would swear quite often. I think Duncan does once..
    Also, can't forget Kyle. Almost as bad as my dad loool
    I hope there is an AoT crossover.
    I would hoard gold to get an Armin Doll Bag or mini gem.
    Or anything really.
    HE IS SO ADORABLE SQUEE

I honestly for the life of me can never remember any storyline, let alone most NPC's names. I'm glad someone remembered though. lol
    Sherri[Deleted User]
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    I only want RWBY crossover

but seems impossible seeing KR Nexon recently never took a glance over anything in NA
    Sherri
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Hazurah wrote: »

but seems impossible seeing KR Nexon recently never took a glance over anything in NA

I'm not sure how Rooster Teeth would manage that, but anything is possible with paperwork and the lure of money.
    Hopefully if we come up with some good (and profitable) ideas, Nexon KR could "take them into consideration."
  • papatuluspapatulus
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,200
    oh theres loads of events they could host based on old uk culture, im sure everyone would LOVE a morris dancing emote

• papatuluspapatulus
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,200
    as for english myths and legends and others that mabi hasnt covered yet, there's certainly room for a robin hood 'take from the monsters and give to the [robin hood npc]' event
    or king arthur, go here and ctrl-f for 'arthurian', you'll probably find something interesting to twist into an anime style
  • SherriSherri
    edited October 23, 2017
    British Guard Outfit Shopping Bag
    Maybe even a May Day event..
    Maybe this too? Seems Halloweenie though..
    Not exactly English but interesting-- oh..

Oh nonono *Madoka Magica flashbacks*
    Darkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    British Guard Outfit Shopping Bag
    Maybe even a May Day event..
    Maybe this too? Seems Halloweenie though..
    Not exactly English but interesting-- oh..

Oh nonono *Madoka Magica flashbacks*

The May Day event looks like something the GMs could have fun designing, and I'm pretty sure they could come up with some pretty original outfits and homestead items, if they had the time to.
    Walpurgis Night could probably turn into a Halloween themed event in the middle of April, as it's such a complicated name to ad lib with.
    Or maybe we could see Alfie again, haunted by some new NPC.
    Also, after seeing how it's related to Beltane, it gave me this Mabinogi feeling that maybe Campfires could actually be used in an event setting, such as a Lorraine's Nightmare style defend the cattle to protect them from some mysterious monster.
    However, this thought just brings me back to normal missions, where Deian asks us to protect his wolves.

I'm thinking that if we want an Irish setting for an event, we could go for Tir Na Nog, where we meet an NPC in Tir Chonail, and they bring us to an Elf NPC, "who is in dire need of our assistance."
    Perhaps it could be an event that leads up to more of the Vindictus era history of Mabinogi, or more backstory for the 'Other World'...or maybe it's just really redundant to bring up old timelines.
    Perhaps it could just be another Mabinogi timeline, with NPCs we've never seen before.
    Even better is if it were an entire timeline filled with reversed NPC genders for an April 1st event with no actual storyline to end with...
    unless the joke is that you died and the timeline ended because you're just RPing a useless NPC with zero skills..."and such a place is just silly."
    YangKoete
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    I want some more events to return than having new events that are just crappy SM/AFK spam.

Cookie Island, Little Ghost, the Halloween one with the randomized missions in the mansion...

A lot of people ask me why my Fireball is a piece of candy.

Simple; McWaffles title from the Cookie Island event. NO ONE knew it would've been a prize, same with the pocky broom pet. But hey, I did it and now lots of people REALLY want it to do it for those prizes. It's a good winter event too if we need that.
    Sherri
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    YangKoete wrote: »
    I want some more events to return than having new events that are just crappy SM/AFK spam.

Cookie Island, Little Ghost, the Halloween one with the randomized missions in the mansion...

A lot of people ask me why my Fireball is a piece of candy.

Simple; McWaffles title from the Cookie Island event. NO ONE knew it would've been a prize, same with the pocky broom pet. But hey, I did it and now lots of people REALLY want it to do it for those prizes. It's a good winter event too if we need that.

Returning events get kind of stale to veteran players, but adding in new mechanics or objectives to them would be a nice change of pace.

Sherri
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    edited October 26, 2017
    Hazurah wrote: »

I'm not sure how Rooster Teeth would manage that, but anything is possible with paperwork and the lure of money.
    Hopefully if we come up with some good (and profitable) ideas, Nexon KR could "take them into consideration."

RWBY would be a rather exciting tie-up. There's a lot that can be done to make it hecka profitable as well.
    1. Outfit Bags/Outfit Roulette Board Gacha of pretty much everyone's outfits
    2. Weapons/Weapon Skins (since nearly every weapon in RWBY is also a gun, perhaps these could work similarly to how Merlin Knuckles utilize both magic and fighter?)
    3. Secondary Titles with Aura effects (weapon slash effects with Aura colors?), and perhaps even gimmicks that relate to Semblances (The weapons that turned monsters into chocolate came into mind as an existing function that can be worked to fit Blake's semblance, //but now I'm digressing into specificity)
    4. Quests that involve fighting Grimm, fighting the various villains in the show, etc.
    5. Zwei pet.

//Sorry, I let excitement get the better of me and literally planned out the whole thing
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Never watched RWBY before but I will take anything over another SAO event.
    Too many Kirito wannabes from the last time
    I don't know that many American comics/tv/etc. that are appropriate for Mabi.

How about a MINECRAFT CROSSOVER? xdddd funni meme
    Jazmyn
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited October 26, 2017
    Never watched RWBY before but I will take anything over another SAO event.
    Too many Kirito wannabes from the last time
    I don't know that many American comics/tv/etc. that are appropriate for Mabi.

How about a MINECRAFT CROSSOVER? xdddd funni meme

sQu3ZNM.gif
    Really? This is what we're resorting to? The only place that would work mechanic wise is Peria Chronicles...probably.

• JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Minecraft could make for some interesting homestead items, outfits, and I really want a minecraft sheep pet now. T-T
    Sherri