Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mabinogi NA Potential Tie-Ups Discussion Thread

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited October 27, 2017
    I was being sarcastic sorry xD Plus it's a Swedish game either way so I don't know how well that would go.
    and it's pretty famous too, lots of paperwork probably.. especially since it's owned by Microsoft O_O
    *sobs and puts flowers by Minecraft's grave*
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    Minecraft could make for some interesting homestead items, outfits, and I really want a minecraft sheep pet now. T-T

Though I would definitely love some Minecraft HS items. :p
    Maybe pets.
    Enderman pet that works like one of those teleporting imp pets?

Too bad it'll attract little kids, similar to SAO event. :(
    JazmynDarkpixie99
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Ooo.... interesting idea with the Enderman. I like that.

I did figure you were being sarcastic, but I still think it would make for an interesting combo. xD

I saw someone selling SAO items and, honestly, I have no idea what that is?
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    Neopets!

...Please? That site could really use some exposure to breathe a little life back into it.
    JazmynSherri
  • JazmynJazmyn
    edited October 27, 2017
    nomigid15 wrote: »
    Neopets!

...Please? That site could really use some exposure to breathe a little life back into it.

Yessss!!!! "Paintbrush" dyes, like someone mentioned in a different post... patterns and such to make them more interesting...

EDIT: This made me think of Gaia Online, but with all of the angel and devil headbands, tails, and ears floating around here, it sort of feels like Gaia already. XD
    Sherri
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    nomigid15 wrote: »
    Neopets!

I don't really think that would be a wise choice, because like Sherri just said:
    Sherri wrote: »
    Too bad it'll attract little kids, similar to SAO event.

Nexon NA needs to target kids who are moving on from let's say... Wizard101 to games with a higher intended audience, such as Mabinogi.
    Or, let's say... if they did WoW, then we would see more gamers of a wider age range, and maybe see a few more whales adding to the MP if they like Mabinogi too.
    Sherri
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    @Darkpixie - Actually, Neopets' current userbase consists mostly of older players who either stuck around since childhood or left and then came back out of nostalgia (I fall into the former category). There aren't really a lot of kids there anymore. In fact, when the site was bought out by Jumpstart (from it's previous owner Viacom), they actually stated that they did so out of interest in Neo's older audience.
    JazmynSherri
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Also, I started playing Mabinogi when I was like 16, so I dont think it was originally targeting "an older audience" either...?
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Well, I'm confused about Mabinogi's playerbase too.
    One side you got children and the other you got like old adults (not complaining, that will be me in the future XD)
    I've seen NPCs swear up and down and yet some people forget or don't notice.
    Yet if you say a bad word in the forums, you get tackled for it. (I'm guilty.. for tackling people for swearing, but only if they do it a lot.)

So looking for a crossover with something may just be a bit difficult. It has to be enjoyed by all ages, I think.
    Jazmyn
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited October 29, 2017
    Well, I'm confused about Mabinogi's playerbase too.
    One side you got children and the other you got like old adults (not complaining, that will be me in the future XD)
    I've seen NPCs swear up and down and yet some people forget or don't notice.
    Yet if you say a bad word in the forums, you get tackled for it. (I'm guilty.. for tackling people for swearing, but only if they do it a lot.)

So looking for a crossover with something may just be a bit difficult. It has to be enjoyed by all ages, I think.

Yeah, it is kind of an obstacle not having a GM or CM asking for our opinions based off a stricter set of guidelines for suggestions.
    The most we can do is speculate with our best ideas and suggestions, and having new event ideas based off real life companies (like how Mabinogi KR teamed up with Baskin Robbins) shouldn't be an impossible feat to conjure up.
    Just takes a lot of creativity, and scream "money" enough for GMs to ask papa KR for permission and request a bit of new items/ect in return.
    What we could suggest Nexon do in the meantime is have an addition to the Mabinogi shop with physical merch from KR's store in limited quantities to test the waters of Mabinogi's current popularity.
    In the event of physical merch for NA, we might see more suggestions for events or content roll in...and no, I'm not accepting the idea of returning tie ups in response to my comment.
    It's just adding to the repetition and lack of community involvement and improvement to both the site and game.
    Besides, contracts usually have strict limitations, and only Nexon KR would know if NA made enough profit off the tieups to warrant a rerun...
    if it's even possible in the first place.
    SherriJazmyn
  • SherriSherri
    Hm.. I'd love a crossover with a webcomic I've been reading. Has anybody heard of Not A Villain? It has that 'in a video game/VR' plot too and I really enjoy it.
    It's appropriate too.. though I doubt there would ever be a crossover for that.
    Less likely with webcomics since there is usually one or a few people working on it. Would be interesting though.
    Jazmyn
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Hm.. I'd love a crossover with a webcomic I've been reading. Has anybody heard of Not A Villain? It has that 'in a video game/VR' plot too and I really enjoy it.
    Less likely with webcomics since there is usually one or a few people working on it. Would be interesting though.

I have not heard of that, but it did make me think of a book I read, which will be a movie shortly, "Ready Player One" by Ernist Cline, that is based off the "in a video game/VR" plot as well... So maybe something in the "in a video game/VR" feel you mention is def in the right direction, as the theme is more popular these days then it ever was.
    Sherri
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited October 31, 2017
    Jazmyn wrote: »

I have not heard of that, but it did make me think of a book I read, which will be a movie shortly, "Ready Player One" by Ernist Cline, that is based off the "in a video game/VR" plot as well... So maybe something in the "in a video game/VR" feel you mention is def in the right direction, as the theme is more popular these days then it ever was.

I haven't heard of it either, but that did give me an idea.
    Those familiar with the Line app may know that there is a Line Webtoon and Line Play app as well.
    Working with either one may seem difficult, but they'd have access to just how long the artists (lawyers) would want a tie up to occur for.
    (Including estimated price ranges.)
    If, by any chance Nexon could do one for Mabinogi, their best bet would be first to try it out on one of Nexon's apps first, as mobile apps would be a good testing ground for tie up popularity. It would also open up more suggestions on the forums where people who saw Mabinogi for PC, who would love to see the same thing here too.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    edited November 3, 2017
    Oh yeah, speaking of apps.. Unison League and Valkyrie Connect are the games with the most crossovers I've ever seen. Maybe have a crossover with one of them?
    I would love to get a Nao in them. Aah it would be so amazing. Nexon make it happen! ;-;

Then Mabinogi can have a crossover with them too!
    Unison League would work best.
    I want a Limimin pet.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    I was being sarcastic sorry xD Plus it's a Swedish game either way so I don't know how well that would go.
    and it's pretty famous too, lots of paperwork probably.. especially since it's owned by Microsoft O_O

Far as I can tell, they've been fairly easygoing with the licensing.

Seems like it'd make for some interesting homestead items at least.
    SherriJazmyn
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited November 5, 2017
    Oh yeah, speaking of apps.. Unison League and Valkyrie Connect are the games with the most crossovers I've ever seen. Maybe have a crossover with one of them?
    I would love to get a Nao in them. Aah it would be so amazing. Nexon make it happen! ;-;

Then Mabinogi can have a crossover with them too!
    Unison League would work best.
    I want a Limimin pet.

I've noticed that too, but I always have personal issues with apps that make free to pay rather difficult to manage...especially for tie up events.
    Then again, Unison League probably is a popular enough app to make enough profit for Nexon KR to be satisfied, so it's not an entirely bad idea.
    Policroma wrote: »

Far as I can tell, they've been fairly easygoing with the licensing.

Seems like it'd make for some interesting homestead items at least.

Freedom with licensing is always a good sign.
    Again, I want to stress that a collaboration with Peria Chronicles (upon it's release) or Maplestory 2 might be easier for Microsoft, or they might be more willing to manage one compared to Mabinogi. It might also make more sense in Nexon KR's eyes with the sandbox world building of PC and blocky nature of MS2.

Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Ooh speaking of MS2, I'm still waiting for that game to hurry up and come over here already! Ugh!
    Maybe have a MapleStory 2 x Mabinogi crossover, like they do with the original MapleStory
    yay two new classes coming out!
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Nexon's Legion of Heroes mobile game has a tie-up with Vindictus. I did not know what Vindictus was until I was able to return to Mabinogi. It is only a pay tie-up though. You buy crappy Vindictus heroes that are pretty much useless with a crappy item that was underpowered quickly.

I quit LoH after a little over 2 years playing. Everything became auto grind. They took out the good PvP that was strongly based on strategy and luck, not your heros. A p2w player could easily lose to a f2p player if the f2p player had better strategy. Oh, and the quests became super easy and the storyline doesnt even make sense anymore. You download the game for the first time, create a new account, and you now start at level 70.
    SherriDarkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Ooh speaking of MS2, I'm still waiting for that game to hurry up and come over here already! Ugh!
    Maybe have a MapleStory 2 x Mabinogi crossover, like they do with the original MapleStory
    yay two new classes coming out!

Honestly, with the way the MaplestoryXMabinogi event gets recycled from time to time... I'd say the future looks bright.
    Not saying it'll happen right away, but self promoting within Nexon NA's varying games and apps is good for business.
    Sherri
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited November 7, 2017
    Sorry for double post, but I came up with another idea for collab events. (Should returning be a possibility...)
    For those of you who don't know what Nexon KR's app M.O.E. is, it's...some kind of battle strategy app involving girls who use mechas.
    Recently, I saw this collab video they did with Miku. I thought it might give mabi another chance at a collab event, if something new is done.
    Essentially, what they did was add in a special event storyline and dialogue, and added in a bonus for clearing something.
    That bonus is probably access to a music video of Miku singing some song, probably related to the app, as well as a Miku recruit of your own.
    (Exclusive as in unable to change clothes or appearance, performs special actions. Also comes with a new ability to repair your partner's clothes/infinite durability on partner exclusive and non unlockable clothes.)
  • SaphirakiSaphiraki
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Dunno if i'm too late to join the thread or not but anime/game wise, I'd like to see a crossover with the ".hack" series. It might work for promotional reasons too since it's getting a revamp this year and it could hype things up more.

As for original events, anything integrating other cultures would be nice. We haven't seen anything "celtic" besides armor or clothes for a long time, even though this game is supposedly celtic based. If you'd want to keep the "older and ancient" history, you could span out to Greek, Roman, Norse, or Aztec and so on