Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mansion Bedroom & Other Obnoxious AFK items...

JazmynJazmyn
Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
edited October 27, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
Suggestion: make the bedroom sets and obnoxious AFKer items only useable outside of towns and off roadways and paths, like the camp kits. However, show in the description, like shop licenses, where they are useable.

Its a bit frustrating to walk into a town and not see things or blacklisting people just so you can see... (doesnt remove the big things)

EDIT: New poll option would be a toggle option in settings... but I cant add that to the poll. I think most of us agree it would be a good idea.
  1. Do you agree with the above post?27 votes
    1. Yes, fully.
       7% (2 votes)
    2. Yes, partially.
       19% (5 votes)
    3. No, I like being obnoxious.
       22% (6 votes)
    4. No.
       41% (11 votes)
    5. Get rid of them all together; Halloween is about dress up, not giant chairs.
       11% (3 votes)

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited October 21, 2017
    Don't know in what part of Town or server you reside in, but i don't see such things happening in the most populated area - Alexina server ch1 Dunbarton and Belvast. Just a bunch of people standing with latest fashion stuff and being fashionably afk lol.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Ruairi, Channel 1, Dunbarton. Multiple people sit by the bank, in front of the mailbox with the giant yeti chair, mansion bedroom set, christmas bench, log thing with flowers... etc.

Channel 1, Belvast, theyre generally over in front of the bank in the big row people stand in, and, rarely, there will be a bedroom set ontop of someones shop, so it blocks like, 5 shops.
    수융_Ruairi
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    they are not that annoying. usually there will be one or two and towns unless you are on channel 1 so I don't think it is a problem. I am probably one of the few players that actually likes those room chairs since I rarely see them on the other channels.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    They really are obnoxious, I agree. It takes up a lot of space if there is enough of them, I'm sure they can lag me.
    However I think outright banning them isn't a good idea.
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    I mean sure, people can be obnoxious with them.

Very often in fact.

Then you run into someone using them in interesting or fun ways and all is right in the world.

Maybe a toggle system like with hiding names and UI?
    That way both sides win. People can still have nice chair rooms, and if it gets too laggy, just flip a switch on your end to hide them until you leave.

Could even name the feature "Hide Large Objects".
    Solve the problem without being intrusive.
    Sherri[Deleted User]
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    We don't need to take away peoples fun, just because you dont like something doesnt mean we need to get rid of it. The same could go for anything in that case. People who have ugly colored clothing (not my opinion but still stand), people who use spread wings, people who keep their pets out, people who keep their mini gems out the list goes on. All you need to do is ignore and pay no attention to it.
    Greta
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Nilrem wrote: »

Very often in fact.

Then you run into someone using them in interesting or fun ways and all is right in the world.

That way both sides win. People can still have nice chair rooms, and if it gets too laggy, just flip a switch on your end to hide them until you leave.

I like this idea.

A checkbox in Options to hide the room-chairs and other large chairs (like King Pepe or Yeti Chairs), and minimize them into a generic chair.
    [Deleted User]SherriJazmyn
  • JazmynJazmyn
    edited October 22, 2017
    I like the option box, but I figured, as an honest suggestion to just make them unusable in certain areas, it would be easier to write that in then a toggle design. Either works for me though.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    edited October 22, 2017
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    We don't need to take away peoples fun, just because you dont like something doesnt mean we need to get rid of it. The same could go for anything in that case. People who have ugly colored clothing (not my opinion but still stand), people who use spread wings, people who keep their pets out, people who keep their mini gems out the list goes on. All you need to do is ignore and pay no attention to it.

Did I say anywhere in my POST to "get rid" of any of the chairs? I suggested making them usable only outside of towns and off paths like the camp kits.

Poll option was an option for people who despise them; I apologize for not wanting to make anyone feel left out.

And the whole point of this suggestion anyways, is that they're so obnoxious they cannot be ignored because you CAN'T see around them.
  • SherriSherri
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Nilrem wrote: »

Very often in fact.

I like this idea.

A checkbox in Options to hide the room-chairs and other large chairs (like King Pepe or Yeti Chairs), and minimize them into a generic chair.

If anything, there should be this option. No outright punishing players for using a feature in the game and people who have an issue with them win too.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Sometimes I entertain the thought of parking a large chair on top of the event NPC

I'm not mean enough to actually do it... maybe...
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Eralea wrote: »
    Sometimes I entertain the thought of parking a large chair on top of the event NPC

I'm not mean enough to actually do it... maybe...

Lol I'd laugh if I saw that.
    I think there is a way to target npcs to talk to them that is similar to locking onto enemies.
    If people complain, then sheesh.. jokes on them if they forget that.

I'm so mean sometimes :p
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    If there are no enemies nearby, ctrl targeting works on NPCs.

Problem with the event NPC is that he's in the graveyard next to all those spiders hehe
  • GretaGreta
    edited October 23, 2017
    Eralea wrote: »
    If there are no enemies nearby, ctrl targeting works on NPCs.

Problem with the event NPC is that he's in the graveyard next to all those spiders hehe

Or just press Alt and click on NPC's name to speak. This is what i do when i'm in event place which has a huge crowd in there and i can't seem to spot NPC around all these players.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Jazmyn wrote: »

Did I say anywhere in my POST to "get rid" of any of the chairs? I suggested making them usable only outside of towns and off paths like the camp kits.

Poll option was an option for people who despise them; I apologize for not wanting to make anyone feel left out.

And the whole point of this suggestion anyways, is that they're so obnoxious they cannot be ignored because you CAN'T see around them.

It still takes away the fun of people who like to hang out in towns. Its limiting the area were they can use them. Why take away something that isn't an issue? Not everyone wants to hang out in dirt roads, people like hanging out in the towns.
    GretaSherri
  • JazmynJazmyn

It still takes away the fun of people who like to hang out in towns. Its limiting the area were they can use them. Why take away something that isn't an issue? Not everyone wants to hang out in dirt roads, people like hanging out in the towns.

Obviously it is an issue and I'm not the only one who sees it as such? It lags people out and you cant see through them blocking your view. This one person has literally been there for over 2 days now, there is nothing about it that suggests "hanging out".... its "I'm an AFKer and dont actually play the game, so sure, I'll be obnoxious and ruin the town access for everyone else."

Also, I said off paths, so you'd be in the grass.... like the groups of guilds that hang out by their stones....
    Sherri
  • GretaGreta
    The poll kinda reveals that most people don't find these chairs to be obnoxious. :D Even Alexina doesn't have such issue.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Greta wrote: »
    The poll kinda reveals that most people don't find these chairs to be obnoxious. :D Even Alexina doesn't have such issue.

It also reveals it isn't a "non-issue" either.

I apologize to everyone for making a suggestion to help make the gaming experience more enjoyable for some of us. Goddess knows, Dunbarton and Belvast are laggy and hard enough to navigate the shops as is, but oh well. ~ peace

• SherriSherri
    Greta wrote: »

It also reveals it isn't a "non-issue" either.

I apologize to everyone for making a suggestion to help make the gaming experience more enjoyable for some of us. Goddess knows, Dunbarton and Belvast are laggy and hard enough to navigate the shops as is, but oh well. ~ peace

Again, it would make more sense if there was a way to minimize chairs into default chairs via Settings instead of taking the whole "issue" out.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    I like the option box, but I figured, as an honest suggestion to just make them unusable in certain areas, it would be easier to write that in then a toggle design. Either works for me though.