Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Instillation Failed

ZaneZane
Mabinogi Rep: 410
edited October 26, 2017 in Technical Support
Sorry if this is long, but I'm grasping at straws here so I want to make sure I include as much as I can. My issue started when I was playing Mabinogi and a power outage occurred, so when the electricity came back up I tried starting up Mabi again and when doing so I was prompted to update the game which I thought was strange. Anyway, I tried to go through with the update and it looked like it was working until I got an error message stating “Update Failed: This product cannot be installed”. Basically, it looks like it attempts to “verify” a couple of times but cannot finish updating or installing whatever it is. The little box stops downloading at 229/259 kb, so I’m not sure if that’s a file or something that it just can’t finish downloading or updating… I have tried everything I can possibly think of, as well as other suggestions I’ve found while looking on the web for answers. Things I’ve tried: restarting the comp (of course), uninstalling and reinstalling both Nexon Launcher and Mabinogi as well which didn’t solve the problem. I have tried to change the location of the file, I have checked my firewall and antivirus to see if that’s the issue, I’ve tried doing the repair installation through the Nexon Launcher settings and none of that has fixed the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    try the Steam Launcher for mabi if you live in the US or Canada if nothing fixes Nexon Launcher.
  • ZaneZane
    I have tried using steam to try and play Mabinogi but unfortunately I get the same problem through steam, I get a "missing file privileges" error message. At this point I don't have any ideas as what i can do to fix this issue on either steam or Nexon.
    Leouji
  • LeoujiLeouji
    Mabinogi Rep: 925
    Zane wrote: »
    I have tried using steam to try and play Mabinogi but unfortunately I get the same problem through steam, I get a "missing file privileges" error message. At this point I don't have any ideas as what i can do to fix this issue on either steam or Nexon.

Try running the installer under admin and run the game in admin every time you launch it, you're "missing privileges" is telling you it doesn't have permission to run some of the files.
  • ZaneZane
    edited October 30, 2017
    I have tried to run it under admin but it still gives me the "missing file privileges" I would post a picture of what the error says but I don't really know how to post pictures on here its my first time ever posting on this forum lol. I really don't know what else I can do to resolve this issue.