Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Ridiculous Lag

PhamePhame
Mabinogi Rep: 420
in Technical Support
Hi y'all.

I am pretty desperate at this point. I don't understand why I have so much lag.

I live in CA, I have access to fast (school) internet, and I use an MSI Apache Pro GE72 6QF. I used to play on a rickety desktop with poor internet, so it was understandable. But this?

Please tell me what I can do. I

Comments

• LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    Not tech savvy, just wanted to say dang you savage for using school internet. My school actually had a meeting with us and told us that using their internet for our own personal use was breaking the law etc.

On topic, I deal with lag as well. I put in an ethernet cable though that seemed to have steadied it a small bit, but otherwise idk.
    PhameLeouji
  • PhamePhame
    Leilicia,

Thank you! Heh. I dorm, so I don't know how else they would expect me to play my video games.

Sounds smart. I'll try that since I have one. Not sure if it will help much, but worth a shot. Thank you for the response.
    LeiliciaLeouji
  • LeoujiLeouji
    Mabinogi Rep: 925
    hnnnnng dorm net, I would have to agree with leilicia, usually the amount of people and the location of the modems/repeaters isn't the greatest lol.
  • PhamePhame
    Fair, but what irks me is when I play with the Mrs, I find that regardless of where we are and what we are connected to, she runs a lot more smoothly than I on the Surface Pro.

I paid good money for this laptop and to see it underperform has got me upset emoji.

Thank you for the input, Leouji!
    Ive yet to try ethernet because I have been working on a paper heh.
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Huh, really? It's running smoother than yours..Is she using anything that you're not? Or do you think its just the laptop itself.
  • PhamePhame
    As far as I know, there's no difference. Sometimes I have browsers open when she says she doesn't. But a browser with a couple tabs?

I have 8 GB of RAM that's left untouched even with Mabi open.

All I know is that it best not be just the laptop itself. LOL
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    edited October 31, 2017
    Are you using google chrome? I was told that chrome takes up a looot of RAM or GB or something I don't remember what it was, but it causes the device to run very slow. If you need tabs open, try using a different browser.
  • PhamePhame
    B in search for experience-changing help.

This makes me so sad. Anyone have insight?

Also, thank you again for your efforts Leilicia. :)
  • PhamePhame
    Just to put out there for those who struggle with me:

-Options, remove quest info
    -Denagle (wiki under Lag page for info)
    -Ctrl N to hide names
    -Uninstall if all fails

Good luck!!
  • iMattxCiMattxC
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,075
    Is it FPS lag or internet latency? Does it run more like a slideshow or does it take awhile for your commands to go through?
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Sometimes both. I think its a mixture of my own internet being crap plus nexon's side too.