Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Transformation Mastery Revamp Please?

SherriSherri
Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
edited October 29, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
Hello everyone! Obviously, this has been talked about before, but that only proves something should be done about it.
I've been lamenting over how broken the Transformation Mastery skill is.
I mean the concept is still there, of course. Fight monsters, collect them and transform into them.
However, I believe that Transformation Mastery should be revamped, given more love.
Maybe let some of them allow you to fly? Ex: Wyverns? Let us use bolt magic with some of them? Ex: Sprites, certain NPC characters?
There is so much possibility with this skill, but it's another cool feature of the game that will be ignored by developers and never get updated because of the massive amounts of 'new content' being released! Pfft why update and fix broken features when you can add in more content that will eventually break itself?!
Which leads me to my next topic, another important issue I'd like to get off my chest..;

Getting NPC Transformation medals. It's nearly impossible.
You either have to be a gacha happy whale or save up every single gold piece you can get your hands on.
Why make it a feature like this? There should at least be an easier way to get them in the game.

Personally, I would like either a way to earn Transformation Medal Coupons OR the whole medals as rewards.
Maybe for completing daily quests? Generations?
Or a new tab in the Transformation diary where we can slowly collect NPC medals by fun, little quests?
Transform (X) amount of times, collect (X) amount of transformations, complete a certain quest / generation?
Complete (X) amount of a certain part time job? The possibilities are endless!

Either way, please let us obtain/buy NPC medals easier!!

Username: Mizuli
Server: Mari
MabskmkSollArceeNerdyliciousMizukiHayama
  1. How would you like the availability of NPC Trans. Medals?23 votes
    1. Let us buy them in game with gold/ducats, a new NPC! | Nice thought!
       35% (8 votes)
    2. Make Transformation Medals (Coupons?) easier to obtain via quests? | Yes please!
       13% (3 votes)
    3. NAAAW let's keep them as is, I get my gold from others struggles! | Get out.
       0% (0 votes)
    4. Make a Transformation Medal exclusive gacha in cash shop? | Still won't fix the pay real cash issue.
       4% (1 vote)
    5. Maybe have players earn them as rewards in a separate tab of the Trans. Diary? | Ooh! Smart!
       9% (2 votes)
    6. Option 2 and 5 merge (Idea in my thread)! | Pls that would be great.
       39% (9 votes)

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Cool beans.
    Sherri
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    There is technically a way to farm NPC medals in the game, but it's a boring daily quest that only has a small chance of dropping a medal that can be converted into a coupon. More daily quests would help.

You know what I'd like to see that they would never ever implement?

NPCs giving you a quest to get their transformation medal if you score a high Likeability stat with them. Creates a new function for the old neglected NPC gifting feature. It can be a tough questline like Rua's Sidequest if we want to keep the medals a little more exclusive.
    SherriMabskmkJazmynVaughanDarkwhip
  • SherriSherri
    Eralea wrote: »
    There is technically a way to farm NPC medals in the game, but it's a boring daily quest that only has a small chance of dropping a medal that can be converted into a coupon. More daily quests would help.

You know what I'd like to see that they would never ever implement?

NPCs giving you a quest to get their transformation medal if you score a high Likeability stat with them. Creates a new function for the old neglected NPC gifting feature. It can be a tough questline like Rua's Sidequest if we want to keep the medals a little more exclusive.

That would be a good idea. I'd actually bother to raise likability with NPCs more if this was a thing. Though the demand for likability potions on the market will skyrocket. lol
  • 수융_Ruairi수융_Ruairi
    Mabinogi Rep: 745
    Sherri wrote: »
    That would be a good idea. I'd actually bother to raise likability with NPCs more if this was a thing. Though the demand for likability potions on the market will skyrocket. lol

Yes! I can use rafting to make easy money from lazy players! Hehe

Supporting!
    MabskmkSherriJazmyn
  • MabskmkMabskmk
    Mabinogi Rep: 630
    Also let people know where you got the transformation mob.
    I was quite disappointed after hunting down Giant Ornata Spiders and then... I can only transform into the small ones ;p
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    There should really be a way to earn transformation medals/coupons outside of Saga. The chance is low and you can only get the chance once a day.
    Mabskmk wrote: »
    Also let people know where you got the transformation mob.
    I was quite disappointed after hunting down Giant Ornata Spiders and then... I can only transform into the small ones ;p

If they can't implement the feature of another transformation of a mob then they should at least make it random to transform into small or giant. :p
    That or when you choose to transform into it, maybe it asks you if you want to be a big or small one.
    There are more transformations that have different skins too. Maybe they can add more to some, like er.. Incubi?
    All they need to do is reskin and they seem to be good at that. T_T (pets. 'Nuff said.)
  • SherriSherri
    edited November 18, 2017
    Also! If anybody has any other ideas, don't be afraid to comment. Anything to improve this idea of mine. Transformation Mastery has so much potential and I'd hate to see it as a 'cosmetic' skill. I only just want to bring life back to the skill and a few more ways to obtain NPC transformations.
    No, this is not me bumping the thread. Well ok technically it is but I'm not really trying to.. Whatever, believe what you want, I just want peoples input on my idea ok? ok. lovely day

Bam! Just had an idea and rushed back to edit this post!

Okay, so how about we still keep the idea of Likability giving NPC medals, but here is my idea;

When you reach a certain rank in Transformation Mastery, you will get a quest from Shamala.
    She'll tell you there is a way to transform into people but only if you learn more about them (AKA Likability comes into play)
    When you get a certain likability with an NPC, you'll receive a quest to talk to Shamala and she will give you their medal.
    If that makes it too easy, maybe Shamala's quest will test you in a way, like a quiz so she knows you know about the concerning NPC.
  • KiruahKiruah
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,775
    Id like more transformations yea, npc and monser, I noticed the memento monsters got added as NPCs wich made me sad, transformation was my favorite skill to rank and im a proud master who went out of their way, not every mobs in it either, id like to see more added later on, but getting the NPCs is so difficult :(
    especially if they are gacha only, and they are very very very rarely in gachas ever. Id want a way to get them by hard work, and not hoping some random user who gachad months ago just so happens to try and sell their medal on a random day. Maybe add the coupons to the seal merchants? id grind dailies like no tomorrow!
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Kiruah wrote: »
    Id like more transformations yea, npc and monser, I noticed the memento monsters got added as NPCs wich made me sad, transformation was my favorite skill to rank and im a proud master who went out of their way, not every mobs in it either, id like to see more added later on, but getting the NPCs is so difficult :(
    especially if they are gacha only, and they are very very very rarely in gachas ever. Id want a way to get them by hard work, and not hoping some random user who gachad months ago just so happens to try and sell their medal on a random day. Maybe add the coupons to the seal merchants? id grind dailies like no tomorrow!

Actually.. that is a brilliant idea too. I have quite a lot of seals saved up because I don't really know what to do with them but I would definitely spend them on Transformation Medals in the shop.
    JazmynKiruah
  • KiruahKiruah
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,775

Actually.. that is a brilliant idea too. I have quite a lot of seals saved up because I don't really know what to do with them but I would definitely spend them on Transformation Medals in the shop.

Right? :D even if just the coupons so you get a random one or something, thatd atleast be worth to try for!
    and a good way to spend those seals.. and to make transformations possible to buy outside of gacha.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri

Right? :D even if just the coupons so you get a random one or something, thatd atleast be worth to try for!
    and a good way to spend those seals.. and to make transformations possible to buy outside of gacha.

Yeah, especially since they made the Memento transformations 'NPC'. That makes no sense and just makes me angry.