Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Need a honest opinion from the community.

Comments

• ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Thanks a lot for the answers guys, I am gonna download and give it a shot. And to everyone saying "Why not download it and find out" well, some of us have ****** data caps on internet monthly and need to be pretty careful as to not go over limits.

:x Plus you did say you wanted our opinion, That literally was the main point of the thread.
    If your ok doing things solo, then go for it.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    edited October 31, 2017
    Tayloreski wrote: »
    Thanks a lot for the answers guys, I am gonna download and give it a shot. And to everyone saying "Why not download it and find out" well, some of us have ****** data caps on internet monthly and need to be pretty careful as to not go over limits.

:x Plus you did say you wanted our opinion, That literally was the main point of the thread.

Got some Dan ranks and I'm starting to poke around momento now, it's like a breath of fresh air I'm enjoying it a lot.

Off topic, are dan rank skills supposed to change colour?

for solo, yeah that's kind of how I've always played

• NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Tayloreski wrote: »

Got some Dan ranks and I'm starting to poke around momento now, it's like a breath of fresh air I'm enjoying it a lot.

Off topic, are dan rank skills supposed to change colour?

for solo, yeah that's kind of how I've always played

Dan skills, mostly for combat ones, can change the animation of abilities.

Such as thunder/lightning bolt becoming black.
    Smash getting weapon effects.
    Or even Defense, which summons a blue barrier on successful block.

And if you complete a set of dans you get a idle card that allows you to show everyone you are slightly powerful.
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515

I wonder what a data cap is...
    b70.gif
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Sheena wrote: »

I wonder what a data cap is...
    Being Canadian... Our internet options are absolutely terrible.
    Sherri
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Also I forgot to say in my other post: some new hair coupons are wigs as well, such as patissier, so you could get the wigs instead, downside being you can't wear any ears with them :/ But they'd be cheaper and easier to find that way.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Also I forgot to say in my other post: some new hair coupons are wigs as well, such as patissier, so you could get the wigs instead, downside being you can't wear any ears with them :/ But they'd be cheaper and easier to find that way.

Yeah I did end up getting a wig for now, but the only reason I use a style tab right now is for the wig. Plus without the wig putting up hoods and using hats is ruined. B>Patissier coupon M on Alexina :'(
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175

Your internet blows. What isp does that? You need to drop them.
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    the event are meh for the last few months, go figure
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Gaea wrote: »

Your internet blows. What isp does that? You need to drop them.

It's Shaw, basically the comcast of Canada. I would've dropped them a long time ago but the only other option is Telus and the up/down from them is 3mb/400kb which is so slow it's hard to even do online homework.
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    It's Shaw, basically the comcast of Canada. I would've dropped them a long time ago but the only other option is Telus and the up/down from them is 3mb/400kb which is so slow it's hard to even do online homework.

Yeps, as terrible as internet coverage and speeds are in the U.S., Canada manages(for the most part) to somehow be even worse.

Both countries need to step it up. D:
  • YianKutKuYianKutKu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700

Man I'd kill for 3mb up. I live in the maritimes and my only internet options are EastLink which is almost $300 a month (which i can NOT afford), and Bell Aliant, which barely even has 1mb up, and the download speeds are almost as bad. Uploading things slows it down to a crawl, It's like being on dial-up. I hate that I'm paying the same amount for crappy internet that my friend in New Brunswick pays for fibre-op. Canadian internet is just... ugh. I need to move.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited November 1, 2017

This thread is de-railing into...

#FirstWorld'sProblems

:o
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Rhey wrote: »

This thread is de-railing into...

#FirstWorld'sProblems

:o

With how useful the internet is, and how almost mandatory it is for a ton of things... It's pretty close to necessary anywhere that can access it. As it stands right now, I wouldn't have school, a job, social life, apartment, or medical without it.
    Sherri
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    edited November 1, 2017
    I am with Atlantic broadband. I get 120mbps (download) 3mbps (upload) $80/mo. It was either that or direct TV which was soooooo much worse lol. I live in a rural area so I am surprised that cable internet is available out here. Streaming runs pretty well, not much lag when playing online games... except with mabinogi because of how bad it is coded. Kek.

Internet goes down once in a while and that is usually because some drunk redneck crashed into a pole. I had that happen one time when we were almost done with the succubus queen. >_<
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    edited November 1, 2017
    I have a friend who lives in Canada, but right by the border to 'Merica. She tells me that phone contracts are expensive too.
    They have bad internet too? Yeesh, I'm so sorry. For me, we pay a certain amount per month. o.o
    I hope you can run Mabinogi okay.

As for my internet..;
    My internet is something. You know those annoying commercials "Time Warner Cable is now SPECTRUM"
    Does anybody get those? It's annoying. Maybe it's an American thing. Or Ohio thing.
    It's.. okay I guess. It works most of the time. Uh.. the internet goes off here and there for different reasons.
    The last time it did that was apparently there was an 'outage' in the area, my whole neighborhood didn't get internet/TV.
    My television downstairs is absolutely horrible, the sound glitching out sometimes, the screen terrible quality..
    but IDK if it's the cable company or the TV. Maybe both idk.
    Basically, it works when it feels like it.

As for speed.. er.. no idea. My speed test says it's
    62.33 Mbps upload
    6.04 Mbps download

Is that bad.