Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Christmas Dungeon

AmesenpaiAmesenpai
Mabinogi Rep: 1,695
edited November 14, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
When will this dungeon come back? I loved spamming it for gold! made it easier for me to buy items in the game. I had so much fun running it! With multiple people and even solo. The Christmas tree hats were so funny but also very cute. I think this would be a good thing to bring back to the game.This would be fun for Christmas time.(i ran out of sentences to put about this. please comment your feedback on this. i always need help with my sentences.)
https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Holiday_Math_Dungeon_Event
SherriKryooffwithyourheadsSheenaSpringviolet
  1. Christmas Dungeon18 votes
    1. Yes
       72% (13 votes)
    2. No
       6% (1 vote)
    3. Maybe
       22% (4 votes)

Comments

• JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    I think I like this idea... I've never been around for it, but it seems interesting, minus the material "rewards".... lol
    AmesenpaiSherriPip-Boy
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    edited November 7, 2017
    I loved this event and wish it would come back.I honestly want this even back. But what I don't miss is all the whiny babies who complained how this event was unfair and should be nerfed because of the elves that gave Huge luckies. People choose to run with those who they didnt know and when they lost out they blamed nexon for making some mobs drop huge luckies. (because a player blaming nexon for THEIR choice apparently is smart. If this even was to come back, people should not complain because of huge lucky finishes. PRO-TIP: It's called friends,run the event with them if you want fairness.
    AmesenpaiShoogSherriPip-BoyKokoro
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    I don't want this, the amount of gold it brought into the game was absurd. I'd do solo runs and make 2m+ every time (well, did it with friends but we took turns looting) I seriously think that was the fastest gold i've ever gotten minus some item flips.
    Amesenpai
  • KryoKryo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    That looks like fun, I've never been around for it either, so it would be nice to bring back for players who've missed it!
    AmesenpaiSherrioffwithyourheadsMizukiHayama
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I liked this event. It gave a chance for everyone to get a lot of gold, so market crashed and people afforded to buy more. Especially good chance for newbies or just very broke players.
    FayeKaibaJazmynSherrioffwithyourheadsMizukiHayamaAmesenpai
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    I agree, it should come back. I'd love to run this with my friend. We both never ran it before so it'll be new to us.
    If it really gives out that much gold, then.. heck yeah, bring it back!
    Helps out the new players and the poor. I could really use the gold too, I think I had like 800k in my bank :c

Amesenpai
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Sherri wrote: »
    I agree, it should come back. I'd love to run this with my friend. We both never ran it before so it'll be new to us.
    If it really gives out that much gold, then.. heck yeah, bring it back!
    Helps out the new players and the poor. I could really use the gold too, I think I had like 800k in my bank :c

It really did giveout a good amount of gold. Newer players and lower-end players had a fair chance to earn some nice money, especially in time for christmas. Me and my beloved would take turns running passes. I would get the Drops one run, he would get the drops thenext run.
    SherriAmesenpai
  • GretaGreta
    edited November 7, 2017
    I used to share drops with my bf/in-game husband too. If i recall correctly, there would be 4 spawns of Humbuggers in a room. So i would kill 2 on one side and my bf would kill 2 others on the other side. And that's how we would share the spawns. So yeah, i would get around 350-400k gold per run, only myself. I guess that's 700-800k gold in one run total?
    SherriAmesenpai
  • MizukiHayamaMizukiHayama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,730
    I was also not present for this event last year :o. Seems like tons of fun and I do enjoy the idea of it offering poor or new players the posibility to gather up more gold.
    SherriAmesenpai
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    So, is this dungeon not soloable? Or was it just most everyone choose to play it like a mmo should be played.. with other people. Lol.
    Amesenpai
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    So, is this dungeon not soloable? Or was it just most everyone choose to play it like a mmo should be played.. with other people. Lol.

I can't remember if you could enter it solo, but most people choose to run it with friends.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    It was mentioned on the stream! I think they said they will ask for us to get it again! :D
    ShoogAmesenpai
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited November 8, 2017
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    Jazmyn wrote: »

I can't remember if you could enter it solo, but most people choose to run it with friends.

I think there were a scaling effect where humbug mobs that drop large cache of gold spawned in lower numbers. This seems fair until one realizes that the average humbug per person went up with a full party of four versus solo.

My only worrying is that in today's playerbase, many players will eschew the social aspects and just spam it on alts, this time in far larger numbers.

It is CHRISTMAS DARN IT! I DEMAND MORE YULETIDE ATTITUDES AND SOCIALIZING!
    SherriAmesenpai
  • AmesenpaiAmesenpai
    added a poll to this thought it would be better on if it should come back info or not besides the comments that do help
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    It was pretty fun, especially if you ran with friends or guildmates, or any other group that rotated who got the Humbuggers.

It's probably selfish, but I'd like it to come back, if only to help pay the "tuition" of taking Dan Advancement Tests. :mrgreen:
    SherriAmesenpai
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    Oh yea, i remember having to go back and foward between the dungeon and the bank pretty often
    throwing-money-gif-9.gif
    AmesenpaiLeinei
  • AmesenpaiAmesenpai
    this thread is still going! make sure to do the poll and type what you think.
  • SpringvioletSpringviolet
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    Yeah I need some holiday cheer, we all would like more fun for the holidays.
    Amesenpai
  • GretaGreta
    *crosses fingers* I hope this dungeon comes back this year.
    Amesenpai