Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Horrible lag wont let me do anything

QaliQali
Mabinogi Rep: 535
in Technical Support
I was doing a SM with a friend but we both keep dealing with really bad lag I cant even charge my skills. Been going on for a while now, anyone else?
Sherri

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I've noticed I've been getting lag too. I know it is probably Mabinogi because I could talk to my friend just fine on Skype.
    If it were my internet, the call would be lagging as well, but it's only Mabi.
    Though I'm still not 100% certain it is Mabinogi, but it might be.
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Today seems to be extra laggy
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    I use nexon launcher on my laptop on and it had major lag yesterday but fully exiting the launcher and restarting it helped a lot. my desktop uses the steam launcher and I have had no lag yesterday or today using it which suggests this problem is often the nexon launcher causing the lag.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Well my launcher said it needed an update. Try exiting the game/launcher and reload it?
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited November 2, 2017
    This is because we need maintenance, which we missed for some reason.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    edited November 2, 2017
    Best to avoid your server's market channel if you plan on doing runs of any sort.
    I've been feeling lag myself. Blah
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Leinei wrote: »
    Well my launcher said it needed an update. Try exiting the game/launcher and reload it?

This. Whenever the stupid launcher has an update it lags everything to hell.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    edited November 3, 2017
    Stay off Market channel if you're doing anything serious. It always tends to be the laggiest. Both from the sheer number of characters running around, and connection-wise I notice I have far more lag spikes on the market channel than anywhere else. Yes, I realize there's huge groups of people hanging around Stonehenge just itching to do SMs, but if lag is an issue try to move to another channel.

For example, if I go to channel 5, I can pretty much Shot-of-God magnum repeatedly in SMs. If I go to channel 1, my character doesn't let go of the arrow in time, and since it's unpredictable, it throws my timing way off. This is despite the fact that I run my SMs alone and am playing on a very nice desktop machine.
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Even with being on Tarlach with over 100Mbps internet, lag is still extremely harsh.
    As in "can barely move to sit in a chair in own HS harsh".

Who decided to have no maintenance?
    Because I want to ask why.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Nilrem wrote: »
    Who decided to have no maintenance?
    Because I want to ask why.

Probably Nexon employees partied too hard on Halloween, so they got no time for maintenance :D

• LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    whoever decided to give us the new event without a maint should know it was a bad idea. They also do a server reset on most maints, and it reduces lag for a while before it piles up again / :
  • ZintackZintack
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,635
    Today............. I have never lagged harder- every two seconds _NONSTOP_ - rubber banding / lagging to open things / enter things/ etc
  • XCalibieXCalibie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,625
    We probably didn't have a maintenance yesterday because they're most likely planning one for Daylight Saving Time this weekend.

Even so, it's never a good idea to skip your routine maintenance, especially for a game as fragile as Mabinogi.
  • DraugdaeDraugdae
    I log in and get kicked 1 min later, 4 times....