Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Permission to use content of NA on a bowling ball

eldraiseldrais
Mabinogi Rep: 1,045
in Town Square
I have a question for the mabinogi game team? Would it be okay if I got permission to add my styled outfit of my character on a bowling ball?

https://m.imgur.com/a/nVsOB

Link of image I want to use
    No results for this poll

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    That's your character right? Which means you have full rights to use YOUR character on anything YOU want.
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    ..let's be honest, they're not going to send the police after you even if you did it. They wouldn't even know.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Personal use is usually not covered by those laws in the first place.

Now if you mass-produced Mabinogi bowling balls to sell, that would probably get all the lawyers after you.
    Darkpixie99
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Greta wrote: »
    That's your character right? Which means you have full rights to use YOUR character on anything YOU want.

I'm pretty sure we have the right to nothing in game, our accounts and characters are the intellectual property of Nexon.

As for being able to use it or not I would say it would be ok. As mentioned before it would be an issue if the product were to be mass produced since they can sue for using their intellectual property without their permission whether or not you charged money for it. Though in all reality I really doubt they would ever possibly know or even care about some random player printing their character on a bowling ball.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    You should be free to use that type of image however you want.
    Heck, you could generate that using a character sim on a 3rd party site.
  • eldraiseldrais
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,045
    edited November 8, 2017
    Thing is a company wants proof I made it etc.
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    You would probably have to contact the Legal department, if you haven’t already.