Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

What are the current 'power player' must-haves?

MiriflowerMiriflower
Mabinogi Rep: 400
edited November 3, 2017 in Tarlach Chat
Hey all! Long-time player coming back from a 6 month hiatus... I've come back with a big budget and I want to know what you all think are the current must-have items for a high-level character. I want to know what the best equipment is, I want to get geared up properly! What are the best magic, archery, and combat weapons? What are the best armor and shield choices? What accessories are top tier? What enchants will make a good player an OP one? What are considered to be 'good' reforges nowadays, and how do I best get them? Please imbue me with your wisdom, Tarlach!

Comments

• NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Well first: You don't need absurd power to be successful.
    You just need stats and to be competent/able to work with a group.
    No really, you won't believe how many people I've met that boast of being super powerful only to be completely destroyed because they didn't listen to the party or ran off on their own.

For magic: Literally any staff, but I'm personally a fan of Guardian Staff due to being able to cast any spell.

For archery: The greater your effective range, the better. Oh, and anything that boosts magnum.

For Close Combat: It is still CRKs. It will always be CRKs. Unless you are a giant then its Frosty Hammers.

There really isn't a "best armor". Most people either go Royal Knight or use nothing/clothing depending on build.
    I mean you could use light armor, but if you aren't running Royal Knight you likely have mana shield ranked.

Also, there are no definitive best items. It really depends on how you want to build yourself and how much gold you can lose on repairs.
    As for enchants, I generally see max damage being popular to go for, but music effect is also desired. Depends on overall build.

For reforges, it is still Ele, max damage, etc.
    I mean I guess in some cases CD reduction? Really depends on build and playstyle.
    Just remember that Echo Stones exist.

In fact, a lot of things you asked about are entirely subjective to the individual player.

Although we also get a new combat talent in the coming months, being Chain Slash.
    A sword whip talent that uses dex/luck. Should be fun.
This discussion has been closed.