Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Black Cipher? Update x3

KryoKryo
Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
edited November 12, 2017 in Technical Support
I keep getting random pop ups for a BlackCipher.aes and when I googled it it says it's a part of Nexon's anti-hack program. Something about sound, I'll have to update with what it says exactly when it pops up again. But the thing is, this started yesterday, before the update. My husband, who hasn't played Mabi in ages, is also getting this pop up randomly.

Comments

• KryoKryo
    Finally had it pop up again today. I had logged off my character and logged back in to get the event quests for the day and shortly after I received this:

BlackCipher.aes - Wrong Volume
    The wrong volume is in the drive. Please insert volume XP-830 into drive D:.
    Cancel | Try Again | Continue

I have to cancel it out four times before it'll stop popping up.
  • KryoKryo
    This is also happening when I change channels, or go to the housing channel.
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?
  • KryoKryo
    I have not, I have it through Steam ever since they removed the old way to log in. I'll try doing that tonight and see if it fixes it when I log-in in the morning. I'll update when I try it :) Thank you.
  • KryoKryo
    Did a reinstall and still having the issue. I'm gonna run through some things on my computer, maybe it's on my end.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Did you try to use Nexon Launcher instead?