[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Priestess Adelia?

NegumikoNegumiko
Mabinogi Rep: 2,275
Posts: 358
Member
edited November 11 in Story Discussion
so out of boredom I wondered who exactly was buried in the Tir graveyard. after some random talks with different npcs mostly in Tir using the Adelia Stream keyword I found out Adelia was a priestess at the Tir church before Endelyon and Meven. she was brave and somehow stopped fomor raids on Tir by sacrificing herself resulting in the stream being named after her. does anyone think she could be the one on the glass windows in the pic? according to James the Adelia Stream runs through the Sen Mag Plains which may explain why the Dunbarton church has the same design if she ever did work there.

adelia__by_kittykira-dbthlf1.jpg

NPC Sources:
Duncan, Endelyon, Meven, Lassar, and James
  1. Is the girl in the pic Priestess Adelia14 votes
    1. yes
       0% (0 votes)
    2. no
       14% (2 votes)
    3. maybe
       57% (8 votes)
    4. it is probably some goddess
       29% (4 votes)

Comments

  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,745
    Posts: 970
    Member
    Hey, did we confirm the name of the lady with the Chain Whip? I kind of feel like this would be an interesting thing if they're the same person. =D
    수융_Ruairi
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,025
    Posts: 1,383
    Member
    Ah, reminds me of the time I did the Fighter questlines. Ferghus said that Adelia had beautiful blue hair and Ysolte reminded him of Adelia. (?)
    It's been a while since I did Rush of Love so it might not be too accurate.
  • ZuramaruZuramaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 995
    Posts: 12
    Member
    I always thought the lady in the windows was Lymilark, even if wiki adress Lymilark as a god and not a goddess. Lymilark is supposed to representate love and also something about having to do with the creationg of Erg and to me it looks a lot like that when I see the church windows. Also it's the church of Lymilark so it shouldn't be weird to have this line of thinking... I guess.
    Sherri
  • 수융_Ruairi수융_Ruairi
    Mabinogi Rep: 665
    Posts: 14
    Member
    Leinei wrote: »
    Hey, did we confirm the name of the lady with the Chain Whip? I kind of feel like this would be an interesting thing if they're the same person. =D

    에아렌 (Earen) is her name! So this not likely!
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,745
    Posts: 970
    Member
    Aw... =(
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,465
    Posts: 261
    Member
    edited November 14
    Tbh I seen that a lot and never once questioned who she was. Why must you uncover things like this and I have to see it??? Now I'll never stop thinking about it xD
    Mm..I always thought Lymilark was a male. I think because I heard some npcs use male pronouns, but I can't back that up with proof right now. (if I get the time I'll go around the npcs I think say it to see)
    But, if Adelia is how you say she is then I don't see why they wouldn't have her there, since I think many churches have images of like Mary and others idk never been to a church.
    Also I wanted to add that some lore has it where no matter the gender, they're a God. Mabi's lore has it that God = male and Goddess =female though, so I assume the same is with Lymilark being called a God?
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,025
    Posts: 1,383
    Member
    Leilicia wrote: »
    Tbh I seen that a lot and never once questioned who she was. Why must you uncover things like this and I have to see it??? Now I'll never stop thinking about it xD
    Mm..I always thought Lymilark was a male. I think because I heard some npcs use male pronouns, but I can't back that up with proof right now. (if I get the time I'll go around the npcs I think say it to see)
    But, if Adelia is how you say she is then I don't see why they wouldn't have her there, since I think many churches have images of like Mary and others idk never been to a church.
    Also I wanted to add that some lore has it where no matter the gender, they're a God. Mabi's lore has it that God = male and Goddess =female though, so I assume the same is with Lymilark being called a God?

    Yeah, I thought Lymilark was male as well.
    Or he can genderbend at will.
    /thinking emoji
    OneConfusedMilletian
  • ZuramaruZuramaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 995
    Posts: 12
    Member
    Yea Lymilark is referred as male everywhere but as never appeared ingame as a character how to know they just didn't translate as Lymilark being a "God" as generic because not really knowing much about him. It wouldn't be the first time Mabi translations changes some character gender randomly. I would have discarded the Lymilark possibility right away if I could think that saying "God" and not "Goddess" when a character has never been shown is even a real reason to do so. Guess I'll just keep thinking that the person on the glass windows is Lymilark and everyone else can just think whatever they want to as well, I don't think we can really do much more XD
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,275
    Posts: 358
    Member
    Zuramaru wrote: »
    Yea Lymilark is referred as male everywhere but as never appeared ingame as a character how to know they just didn't translate as Lymilark being a "God" as generic because not really knowing much about him. It wouldn't be the first time Mabi translations changes some character gender randomly. I would have discarded the Lymilark possibility right away if I could think that saying "God" and not "Goddess" when a character has never been shown is even a real reason to do so. Guess I'll just keep thinking that the person on the glass windows is Lymilark and everyone else can just think whatever they want to as well, I don't think we can really do much more XD

    so assuming the picture is a guy and the Lymilark god I suspect Nicca is him in disguise and he moved to Iria to hide or something. Nicca's hair style looks very similar except his hair is a little shorter.

    232px-Nicca.png
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,025
    Posts: 1,383
    Member
    Maybe.. the person on the window is actually a male.. and it looks like a woman..
    2e1.gif
    Gender is just a social construct.


    You're right, they never did bother with actually adding Lymilark in game.
    Hopefully they do add.. uh.. it.. in.
    OneConfusedMilletian
  • 수융_Ruairi수융_Ruairi
    Mabinogi Rep: 665
    Posts: 14
    Member
    Zuramaru wrote: »
    ...It wouldn't be the first time Mabi translations changes some character gender randomly...

    I think Dian from Saga Irias II is male in Celtics Mythology! Maybe Lymilark is a goddess in Mabinogi!
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,745
    Posts: 970
    Member
    According to Wikipedia's entry on Dian Cecht which can be found here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dian_Cecht

    "He made King Nuada a silver arm which could move and function as a normal arm. Later, Dian Cecht's son, Miach, replaced the silver arm with an arm of flesh and blood, and Dian Cecht killed him out of professional envy. Miach's sister, Airmed, mourned over her brother's grave. As her tears fell, all the healing herbs of the world grew from the grave. Airmed arranged and catalogued the herbs, but then Dian Cécht again reacted with anger and jealousy and scattered the herbs, destroying his daughter's work as well as his son's. For this reason, it is said that no human now knows the healing properties of all the herbs.[3]"

    So along with being a healer, Dian Cecht was an insanely petty jerk. =T
    Sherri
  • ZarozianZarozian
    Mabinogi Rep: 920
    Posts: 63
    Member
    Leinei wrote: »
    According to Wikipedia's entry on Dian Cecht which can be found here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dian_Cecht

    "He made King Nuada a silver arm which could move and function as a normal arm. Later, Dian Cecht's son, Miach, replaced the silver arm with an arm of flesh and blood, and Dian Cecht killed him out of professional envy. Miach's sister, Airmed, mourned over her brother's grave. As her tears fell, all the healing herbs of the world grew from the grave. Airmed arranged and catalogued the herbs, but then Dian Cécht again reacted with anger and jealousy and scattered the herbs, destroying his daughter's work as well as his son's. For this reason, it is said that no human now knows the healing properties of all the herbs.[3]"

    So along with being a healer, Dian Cecht was an insanely petty jerk. =T

    IKR what an asshat! =/
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,745
    Posts: 970
    Member
    Zarozian wrote: »
    Leinei wrote: »
    According to Wikipedia's entry on Dian Cecht which can be found here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dian_Cecht

    "He made King Nuada a silver arm which could move and function as a normal arm. Later, Dian Cecht's son, Miach, replaced the silver arm with an arm of flesh and blood, and Dian Cecht killed him out of professional envy. Miach's sister, Airmed, mourned over her brother's grave. As her tears fell, all the healing herbs of the world grew from the grave. Airmed arranged and catalogued the herbs, but then Dian Cécht again reacted with anger and jealousy and scattered the herbs, destroying his daughter's work as well as his son's. For this reason, it is said that no human now knows the healing properties of all the herbs.[3]"

    So along with being a healer, Dian Cecht was an insanely petty jerk. =T

    IKR what an asshat! =/

    I'm kind of curious to if Nuada would have killed Dian Cecht in turn for the loss of such a talent.