Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Friends list stuff

ZarricZarric
Mabinogi Rep: 2,510
edited November 14, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
I've always wondered why is there no indication on the friends list itself as to how many friends we have, and what the max limit is. I would think that this would be a useful feature to those of us who care about that. Plus knowing how many friends you have until you hit the max would be pretty nice as well.

With counting my own friends list and having help confirming the limit, we have a friends list limit of 200 users. Years ago this would of been fine, and I don't actually know if the limit was increased it at all but it would be really nice to have a higher limit now.
300 would be a little more comfortable, but 500 would be a pretty good number for this day and age. We're able to add users on other servers as well, so with a limit of 200 that is really tough.

I made an example image earlier about how I'd like to see it work. We don't need the "See" part on "See Friends" for the tab so it fits, but here's the ideal. Indication of current number of friends, max limit of friends and on the friends list all together, in a convenient way where it's not taking up space anywhere. I assume something like this could be done with a little coding

6ffbb48291.png

Ign: Zarric
Server: Mari
SherriNegumikopurpley
  1. Would you like a feature like the one in my example image?20 votes
    1. Yes, I would like this.
       90% (18 votes)
    2. No, I like guessing how many friends I have
       10% (2 votes)

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Along with giving blacklist it's own separate list instead of taking up your friends list? :D
    (I heard they both share the same count which is incredibly stupid)
    YangKoete수융_RuairiLeineiLeilicia
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    Sherri wrote: »
    Along with giving blacklist it's own separate list instead of taking up your friends list? :D

Yeah, especially when you need to mute the constant spammers for the gold trade.
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    YangKoete wrote: »
    Sherri wrote: »

Yeah, especially when you need to mute the constant spammers for the gold trade.

Since my list is full, every time I blacklist a spammer I get the message "You cannot add anymore friends."

10/10 system right there.
    SherriLeinei
  • KimCheolsuKimCheolsu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,625
    edited November 22, 2017
    Also, can there be an indication whether they declined your friend request or deleted you?
    We have this when we add (ex: Potato (Inviting...))
    And then it becomes (ex: Potato (Offline)) whether they reject it or accept it. So if they reject it, make it (ex: Potato (Declined)). And then you'd just delete them normally, to make it go away.
    And when you're deleted by a person on your list, it'd say (ex: Potato (Unfriended)).

Is that too hard?... o3o Other games have this feature pretty easily, even as old as mabeh.
    Jazmyn
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    @KimCheolsu As long as the person hasn't been online for a while or it was a one-time trade add, I could see that working out, but if it was someone who wanted to stay friends, I could see the pop-up causing some drama. Quietly being able to delete others seems a bit more convenient.