Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Let's have a Formal Discussion on Collab events~!?

Comments

• CaissaCaissa
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,175
    I have been enjoying playing Alby Advanced Hard Mode with my friends constantly during this event instead of just the same Shadow Missions every day. The bracelets come in a unique pair which is great for the social aspect of the game. I would like to see more events like this in the future.
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    Nilrem wrote: »
    How to proper crossover:

Step 1: Don't, and just make a mabinogi anime.
    Make it about a generic Milletian with no real name. Or have a name I guess.

Have it be an animated retelling of all the generations.
    Make sure it is as well written as possible so even people with no idea about what Mabinogi is enjoy it.

Give Milletian protag 2 sidekick friends because plot.
    Give all 3 marketable anime looks with unique armor not in the game itself.

Then have the anime crossover with the game itself.
    A self crossover.

Could have just used the entire budget on that boring MMO Junkie anime on that.
    Would have both been 100x more interesting and actually advertise the game.

umm im not sure if ur trying to say that "recovery of an mmo junkie" is a self crossover of mabinogi
    but if thats what ur trying to do im just gonna tell u that its not
    "Recovery of an MMO Junkie" also known as "ネト充のススメ:Netojū no Susume(Recommendation of the Wonderful Virtual Life)"
    is a popular light novel/web comic in japan and as a promotional tactic for both mabinogi japan and for the anime series
    a crossover was made upon the release of the anime series
    ive seen people in the internet said that some characters from the series are based from mabinogi npc's(particularly a post here in forums)
    if u want to know more about the recent cross over watch it or go here:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recovery_of_an_MMO_Junkie
    https://myanimelist.net/anime/36038/Net-juu_no_Susume
    https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/ネト充のススメ
    RheySherri
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited November 16, 2017
    Caissa wrote: »
    I have been enjoying playing Alby Advanced Hard Mode with my friends constantly during this event instead of just the same Shadow Missions every day. I would like to see more events like this in the future.

LikelyHopefulBorer-max-1mb.gif

Spamming one dungeon w/ friends = spamming same SM w/friends. You're pretty much promoting what U hate doing @ the same time. I'm confused. Just sayin.

• CaissaCaissa
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,175
    I'm sorry that I confused you. Please understand that playing Shadow Missions every day for daily quests, events, and at the request of friends for months on end becomes tedious. At minimum, dungeons are a change from what has been normal activities. In addition, Alby Advanced Hard Mode is more difficult content than Shadow Missions. At present I can solo clear the usual Taillteann and Tara Shadow Missions but I am uncertain I would be able to clear Alby Advanced Hard Mode alone. Playing the more challenging content with friends is one of the ways I have fun in Mabinogi. I much prefer it to steamrolling weak enemies over and over.

Since you didn't include my sentence about the bracelets being a desirable item in your quote I am going to assume that part didn't confuse you.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    edited November 16, 2017
    Rhey wrote: »
    I have been enjoying playing Alby Advanced Hard Mode with my friends constantly during this event instead of just the same Shadow Missions every day. I would like to see more events like this in the future.

Spamming one dungeon w/ friends = spamming same SM w/friends. You're pretty much promoting what U hate doing @ the same time. I'm confused. Just sayin.
    LOL SMs and dungeons are two different things.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited November 17, 2017
    Sherri wrote: »

So promoting one repeating monotonous activity(which he doesn't like doing) 2 replace one repeating monotonous activity = gud Collab event variety? W/e helps peeps deal with it I guess...? :D
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    Sherri wrote: »

So promoting one repeating monotonous activity(which he doesn't like doing) 2 replace one repeating monotonous activity = gud Collab event variety? W/e helps peeps deal with it I guess...? :D

That is your opinion. Some people like to do dungeons more than SMs. -_-