Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

MABINOGI MOBILE TEASER

Comments

• iMattxCiMattxC
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,075
    I wish they'd fix this game instead.
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    now we absolutely know that they had the money for rebuilding the game in a new engine, we can confirm that MMO Mabinogi is dead to them.
    Pip-BoyShaeli
  • 3rdy3rdy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,705
    watercat0 wrote: »
    now we absolutely know that they had the money for rebuilding the game in a new engine, we can confirm that MMO Mabinogi is dead to them.

.....imlpying phone games NEED a large of funding to make?
    Sherri
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Arjune wrote: »
    people might say the character running looks nice and fluid but honestly I think it looks stiff and mechanical. cheap cel shading... -shrug-

I don't have a mobile phone. oh well

Also Greta/Gaea if you bothered to actually press play it's a different trailer than we've ever seen before now

So me and Greta are one and the same person now? lol.

Anyway, I have always had mixed feelings about this new mabinogi game (which could easily be released as a pc game over here guys, they have done it before. -cough- mabinogi duel -cough-). Mostly, it's got me kind of sad to be honest. Because they are basically telling us that they can't do an overhaul for the current mabinogi because of the outdated engine it uses. Which we knew was the truth, but truth still hurts.

But yeah that's basically what this is. It could easily be implemented as a updated mabinogi replacement. We won't have to worry about increasing server instabilities or glitches with every update (and those ARE getting worse), we can have just one mega server, every can start over together.

And then this could be the most disastrous thing to ever happen to this NA community. Because either way, even if they keep both games open, half the users could potentially focus more of their time to new mabinogi - thus causing even more population issues.

I mean I will more than likely try out this game. Are you guys going to as well?
  • MeridisMeridis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    edited November 17, 2017
    I'll be going. If things really are getting worse and they won't build on a new engine then this mabi has a more finite lifespan. The longer you hold on once you start feeling the end coming, the worse you feel when it comes.

Also, lets be honest, most of us are at the point were we don't have much more to improve on, if anything. At that point, we're just waiting for updates. I don't even feel like it matters if the new "update" ends up as a new story or a new game.

edit: also, it might matter more to me if I could log in since the last maintenance!
  • Pip-BoyPip-Boy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    The more content a game has the more difficult it will be to build a new engine for the game since content won't be easy to port over. To make matters worse there are no engines analogous to the pleione engine so we're stuck with it.It makes more sense to create a new game altogether which is what he see with Mabi Mobile. Fortunately Mabi doesn't look all that bad and it's still possible to make renovations with the current engine.
    Sherri
  • justshowingjustshowing
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    guess i should get a razerzone phone later. :o
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited November 18, 2017
    I am going to need a new phone more than likely in order to play this. But I suspect that I could always play this using BlueStacks on my pc. But I think if we get this I suspect that they might adapt it for pc gaming.

Now my only problem with this is... KEEPING THE FRANCHISE NAME. I am giving you the death stare on the this one NA. Don't mess it up again. :|