Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Fairy Village Event

Comments

• HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Why has almost every returning event been broken?
    Come on now. Do they not test before they make it go live?
    CerberusXIIISherriiMattxC
  • CerberusXIIICerberusXIII
    Mabinogi Rep: 535
    Harukari wrote: »
    Why has almost every returning event been broken?
    Come on now. Do they not test before they make it go live?

Naw why would they?
    As someone just told me a few mins ago: "Why pay other ppl to test when they got us to do it for free"
    MabskmkHarukariSherri
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    I was able to set up with one of my characters for the fairy event. I was five candies away from completing my first 50.
    Mabskmk
  • iMattxCiMattxC
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,075
    I am gonna be really PO'd if this event is cancelled.
  • AmyureAmyure
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,330
    Soooouhhh, when is double AP?
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    "hey we heard you guys need 500 of each materials pouch so we put them in this event again! :D"

this is a nice event though... specially for people who haven't finished life skills. I'm really looking forward to the totem bags specifically
    Kitsuyasha
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    On the top side, at least some of these material pouches come pre-filled.

Still some same old empty ones to get, though.
    Jazmyn
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    This is also good for people who want to boost up their alts too! =D
  • LanteariaLantearia
    Mabinogi Rep: 815
    edited November 17, 2017
    I don't know if I just have terrible luck, but, I've done the entirety of Barri, and didn't find Melty through mining. I can just do Metallury, but, I was hoping to just mine for it, since I've ranked mining up. Ahh well...

EDIT: My friend asked me to run it with them, and, first patch of ore I found one. So, yeah, it was just bad luck. Whoops
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Lantearia wrote: »
    I don't know if I just have terrible luck, but, I've done the entirety of Barri, and didn't find Melty through mining. I can just do Metallury, but, I was hoping to just mine for it, since I've ranked mining up. Ahh well...

EDIT: My friend asked me to run it with them, and, first patch of ore I found one. So, yeah, it was just bad luck. Whoops

If you get tired of doing Barri, you can also mine the Cuilin Stones found at Sliab Cuilin's Quarry.
    Or you can even do the Shadow Mission 'Stones of Sliab Cuilin' though that requires fighting if you go for the monster-guarded stones.

The chance of finding a fairy is low-ish but decent.
    It can just seem like a longer time when you're doing a gathering method with a chance of failure, since fails don't attract fairies.
    Like Mining.
    NegumikoSherriMabskmk
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    edited November 17, 2017
    Is this fairy event even worth it to do for the rewards? I have already ranked all the skills that is boosted by this event to R1, got no AP so I won't be dan-ing it atm. So grinding to meet the fairies 50 times a day is too tedious to do just for the sake of it.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Lantearia wrote: »

If you get tired of doing Barri, you can also mine the Cuilin Stones found at Sliab Cuilin's Quarry.
    Or you can even do the Shadow Mission 'Stones of Sliab Cuilin' though that requires fighting if you go for the monster-guarded stones.

The chance of finding a fairy is low-ish but decent.
    It can just seem like a longer time when you're doing a gathering method with a chance of failure, since fails don't attract fairies.
    Like Mining.

you can also find sulfur ore close to hot springs as well. if some player have never been to the hot springs mana tunnel before just look it up in your traveler guide or buy a hot springs pass sold by any healer npc.
    IyasenuSherri
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    ShouK wrote: »
    Is this fairy event even worth it to do for the rewards? I have already ranked all the skills that is boosted by this event to R1, got no AP so I won't be dan-ing it atm. So grinding to meet the fairies 50 times a day is too tedious to do just for the sake of it.

There are the new Homestead Figures that give stats and apparently also stack with previous same-stat figures, once you get the Fairy Village up to Level 4 (Floral Healthy Sequel Figure) or 5 (Floral Melty Sequel Figure).

If the type of fairy doesn't matter, you could find 50 fairies rather quickly if you have a Gathering Knife upgraded for speed, just shear sheep with it.
    Or decent-ranked Harvest song and Herbalism. Can either pick Homestead herbs if you have access to any, or go fiddle with the Base Herb patches found outside Dunbarton and Tir Chonaill.
  • KimCheolsuKimCheolsu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,625
    I HAVE A QUESTION. So if I've met Munchy 50 times already, and the next day comes, will Munchy keep visiting me if I use the sets of skills for it?
  • KimCheolsuKimCheolsu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,625
    edited November 17, 2017
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    ShouK wrote: »

There are the new Homestead Figures that give stats and apparently also stack with previous same-stat figures, once you get the Fairy Village up to Level 4 (Floral Healthy Sequel Figure) or 5 (Floral Melty Sequel Figure).

If the type of fairy doesn't matter, you could find 50 fairies rather quickly if you have a Gathering Knife upgraded for speed, just shear sheep with it.
    Or decent-ranked Harvest song and Herbalism. Can either pick Homestead herbs if you have access to any, or go fiddle with the Base Herb patches found outside Dunbarton and Tir Chonaill.

^That. Does the type of fairy not matter? BECAUSE I want a perfect 50 on all fairies, and if I'm ranking a skill set with a fairy that's already been met 50 times and it becomes 51, I'll be seriously pissed. o_o

--
    I mean I could just use the 50 candies on a different fairy first, but I just want to make sure. I:
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    What I've been doing is focusing on one fairy each day.
    Yesterday I focused on finding Munchy.
    Today I'm focusing on finding Healthy.
    Tomorrow I'll probably focus on finding Woody.

Then bam, I'll get done with all the fairies in five days.
    After that, I'll probably just find Munchy or Woody some more.
    MabskmkJianto
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Sherri wrote: »
    What I've been doing is focusing on one fairy each day.
    Yesterday I focused on finding Munchy.
    Today I'm focusing on finding Healthy.
    Tomorrow I'll probably focus on finding Woody.

Then bam, I'll get done with all the fairies in five days.
    After that, I'll probably just find Munchy or Woody some more.

Yeah, i'm doing this as well. Probably gonna try to r1 Carpentry and Handicraft? No idea... I'm too lazy... :s
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    I already maxed everything, I just want the stupid stacking homestead items that had to be at the end of the list...so I'm just crawling along with each fairy taking like 1-2.5 hours because of the low appearance rate..it's rough.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited November 18, 2017
    Siodhan wrote: »
    I already maxed everything, I just want the stupid stacking homestead items that had to be at the end of the list...so I'm just crawling along with each fairy taking like 1-2.5 hours because of the low appearance rate..it's rough.

Yeah... Kinda annoyed spamming life skills for 1-2 hours to find fairy 50 times. After that i feel too worn out to do dungeons and such, i just turn off Mabinogi shortly after that.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited November 18, 2017
    Finding Healthy yesterday was the biggest pain. A tip I found;
    If your Herbalism skill is high enough, you'll be able to see Base Herbs outside of dungeons.
    Hop on a low populated channel and go to the Fiodh Moon Gate.
    Right across that dungeon there are tons of Base Herbs leading all the way around to the path to the Dragon Statue.

When I went there, compared to around Dunby and the Ulaid Forest, literally nobody touched the area.
    Of course it still took a while to find Healthy 50 times, but it wasn't too bad.

For Munchy.. s/he was the easiest. I just spammed the church part time job, Harvesting and Egg Gathering.
    Even if I had enough goods, I still went gathering and sure enough I got all 50 and a ton of HW.

Of course, looking for fairies very boring, so I usually listen to music.
    Either I open my browser and listen to music on Youtube/Listenonrepeat or I boot up the Bard Bulletin Board.

My friend watches Youtube videos while she does the event, but I'm a terrible multitasker so I focus all on finding fairies. ;p

I hope this info helps some people! I'll post anything else I find out!
    (I'm after Woody today.. and probably Melty tomorrow)
    NyuuHokusai