Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Lost Dan Progress Today

ZingermanZingerman
Mabinogi Rep: 810
in Help
I noticed after completing my second SS Rank Healing Dan 3 today that my previous progress was reset. I should have been able to advance to Healing Dan 3 today but right now it only shows my advancement progress as 1/2 instead. Did anyone else notice that they lost Dan advancement progress today?

I really do not wish having to take another Dan 3 Healing test given how luck-based it is. I had already opened a ticket with Support. Was wondering if anyone else is having this problem as well.

Comments

• BerylBeryl
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,750
    Same here, I lost all progress for Tailoring Dan 1, Blacksmithing Dan 3 and Act 4 Dan 1 and maybe Fireball. They were all ready to advance but I wanted to master them first.

I remember vaguely how, in the old version of the advancements, you'd lose progress if you didn't take the test for a while. I doubt that's the problem here but to be sure, when did you last take your Healing test before today?
    I don't remember the last time I did any test and I haven't looked at my skills until today so I don't know exactly when my progress poofed.
  • ZingermanZingerman
    I also recall something about losing progress if you do not take a new test after a certain period of time. I am not sure if that is still the case after the revamp.

That is not the case here though. I last took the Healing Dan 3 test yesterday and after many attempts was finally able to complete it with SS Rank. After today's attempt, I should have been able to advance. It seems after today's morning maintenance I completely lost all progress, not just partial.
  • ZingermanZingerman
    GM Mewlynne responded to my support ticket. I was able to advance Healing to Dan 3 after providing proof that I did pass the tests. If anyone out there has this issue you should open a ticket too.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Zingerman wrote: »
    GM Mewlynne responded to my support ticket. I was able to advance Healing to Dan 3 after providing proof that I did pass the tests. If anyone out there has this issue you should open a ticket too.
    I checked my skills after reading this thread today and found out I also lost my dan progress for Magic Craft Dan 2, the one I spent tonssss of gold to finally pass it for the first time. I didn't take any screenshots, so I don't have any proof.. do the staff have some way of knowing our progress? I'm so mad right now. It took a lot of effort to pass that damn test.
  • BerylBeryl
    I didn't have a before-screenshot either but I sent a ticket anyway. They then asked me for a screenshot of the affected skills and info on what progress was lost and GM Mewlynne contacted me in-game to fix the progress not long after I provided these. They do have a way of knowing the progress as Mewlynnne mentioned in the ticket response that they were able to verify that I had passed the tests. So if I were you, I'd just send a ticket. Be aware though that after they fixed the problem I had to reset both my main and secondary passwords.

Thanks to GMs Nymeladox, Acupicard and Mewlynne for the help.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Beryl wrote: »
    I didn't have a before-screenshot either but I sent a ticket anyway. They then asked me for a screenshot of the affected skills and info on what progress was lost and GM Mewlynne contacted me in-game to fix the progress not long after I provided these. They do have a way of knowing the progress as Mewlynnne mentioned in the ticket response that they were able to verify that I had passed the tests. So if I were you, I'd just send a ticket. Be aware though that after they fixed the problem I had to reset both my main and secondary passwords.

Thanks to GMs Nymeladox, Acupicard and Mewlynne for the help.
    Did they mentioned why the progress was lost? I'm not planning to take the 2nd test to progress to Dan 3 anytime soon since I want to master it first. So I'm afraid if they fixed it now, it will be lost again, if the reason is the progress is lost due to not taking the 2nd test after a while.
  • BerylBeryl
    They did not but I'm quite sure it wasn't due to inactivity. Otherwise they wouldn't have returned my progress as the system would've been working as intended. Zingerman has also mentioned above that the progress he lost was obtained only a day before.

I think it's safe to assume it was a bug/error from the maintenance, so if you do decide to have your progress fixed I'd suggest taking a screenshot of the skill afterwards, in case the error reoccurs before you manage to master and advance the skill.
    ShouK