Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Songs on Score Scrolls?

MairosaMairosa
Mabinogi Rep: 300
in Help
So, a friend of mine gave me a Skyrim score scroll awhile back, and I've seen other people play well known songs. I'm looking for how to get songs onto score scrolls.. I don't understand music at all so any help would be appreciated. :D

Comments

• SollSoll
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,330
    I'd recommend you take a look at the composing skill, at the bard skillset on the mabi wiki, or even better, mabibeats's website. :)
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    My sad attempt to explain;
    Well, it's actually not too difficult.
    If you look on the internet, you'll find tons of archived MML.
    When you use the composition skill, it'll want you to put in specific parts of the MML in different areas.
    Since I don't think you can right click to copy and paste, I'd suggest using this method;
    Ctrl + C = Copy
    Ctrl + V = Paste
    Then you can manually put each part in.

However, some MML codes online come with an '@mml' in the front of it. Actually, this makes it much easier.
    All you need to do is copy the code and press 'Copy from Clipboard' and the MML is sorted out for you. :)

Also, another tip; some score scrolls you come across aren't locked to private. You can right click and read the score to check.
    If it isn't private, you'll see the code. You can press Copy to Clipboard and it will copy the MML.
    However, you'll need something on the side such as a notepad or sticky note (On your computer) or maybe pastebin?
    Something to paste it down, since directly pasting it into Composition scroll maker doesn't work.
    (it copies the author and rank info with it for some reason)

Once you pasted it somewhere, you can see where it separates each MML (Harmony 1, Harmony 2, etc)
    if you copy each code section to the Composition scroll maker then you can remake the scroll
    So if you have only a few uses left on your old favorite, all you gotta do (if the scroll isnt private) is copy and paste the code over
    All the work is worth it though.

However.. Many people set their scrolls to private because they don't want people to copy their works, either because they put their heart and soul into them or they are greedy jerks who profit. Most likely the first reason though.
    It's really difficult to make MML, unless you know your music notes. Usually why people dislike others copying their music score MML, but if it's not private,
    then well.. not my fault if i want a new copy so it doesnt die.
    Though personally, I don't go remaking and then selling the scores and making a profit. -_-

or you can just take scores from the bard bulletin board. :p
  • FutabuFutabu
    Mabinogi Rep: 815
    edited November 17, 2017
    Put simply, you need the Composing music skill. The wiki is a good place to check how you actually obtain it.