Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Crystal Deer is back! >:D

CrimsọnCrimsọn
Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
edited November 20, 2017 in General Chat
http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/All/1/00J7r/black-friday-sales

Stock up! Rainbow sprite is back too. :O
Sherri

Comments

• ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    I don't understand why you said "Suck it" but.... ok? thanks
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Arjune wrote: »
    I don't understand why you said "Suck it" but.... ok? thanks

Because I love you all. :)
    Utsuro_Bune
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    yay
    more elf soloing phantasm
    i'm not even surprised at this point
    Fabe
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Yay! You're getting your Crystal Deer!
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    May I ask why the crystal deer hype?
    giphy.gif
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    @Sheena Gaea has been wanting the Crystal Deer to come back to the shop for a while, and I know there have been some people requesting the return of the Crow. The reason people are happy about the deer is because of its Hide ability.
    SheenaSherri
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    Leinei wrote: »
    @Sheena Gaea has been wanting the Crystal Deer to come back to the shop for a while, and I know there have been some people requesting the return of the Crow. The reason people are happy about the deer is because of its Hide ability.

I see, ya i was one of those that wanted the crow back, as for the Hide ability, that sounds very useful
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Welp, time to empty my wallet.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I wanted the crow to return too. Shooo cuuuute ♥
  • TaykoTayko
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    Anyone have some advice on which of the sale pets are good to have?
    What exactly makes the crystal deer's hide skill so useful?
  • VaughanVaughan
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    Tayko wrote: »

Phantasm cheeze.

akihiko-ive-been-waiting-for-this.png
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880

Because the hide of the deer does not share the CD/status of the Elf's Hide.

Which means an elf can use Deer Hide while mounting the Deer.
    And Elves have mounted archery.

Go into hide, Fire Magnum, go back into hide, rinse repeat.
    Toss in other skills as needed between hide.

Never face challenge again.
  • TaykoTayko
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    So... it allows elves to cheese stuff by attacking then hiding so monsters get no chance to retaliate. Only works for elves like that then cause of the mounted archery?

Hrm.. could it also be used like.. when I do a meteor drop in Shyllien, can I get on the mount, use hide, and collect loot without getting aggro from the respawning mobs?
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    Hrm.. could it also be used like.. when I do a meteor drop in Shyllien, can I get on the mount, use hide, and collect loot without getting aggro from the respawning mobs?

Unfortunately you can't pick stuff up during Crystal Deer hide and the deer is slowed to walking during hide. It does still let you get all the way up to the Sasquatch pile though. I like to use it for Shyllien if I spot that an enchant scroll dropped. Can normally pick up one or two things before heavy damage/death :)

Another good use for the deer hide is that it lets you walk up all the way to the Arc Lich which gives you a bit of time to sketch him.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Phantasm cheese basically. Make sure you buy at least 2-3 of them.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Gaea wrote: »

Phantasm cheese basically. Make sure you buy at least 2-3 of them.

I wish I had the NX to buy 2-3 of them.
    I'm not surprised though.
    I did buy a friend a crow and myself a rainbow sprite.
  • GretaGreta
    Guys, now i'm wondering. Is it worth it to use 200lvl potion on my 1 year Crystal Deer? What about Rainbow Sprite/Ice Dragon?
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Greta wrote: »
    Guys, now i'm wondering. Is it worth it to use 200lvl potion on my 1 year Crystal Deer? What about Rainbow Sprite/Ice Dragon?

well not sure about the crystal deer stats being worth the potion but ice dragon is mostly useful as a quick way to freeze most enemies even some that ice spear can't freeze like zombies for example. combine a ice dragon freeze and use a nimbus to give them sleep status right around the time the freeze effect wears off and Sakura Abyss can be almost fully charged. might be worth seeing if the potion would be good for the rainbow sprite since they can fuse to you and increase defense and protection.
  • GretaGreta
    Negumiko wrote: »

well not sure about the crystal deer stats being worth the potion but ice dragon is mostly useful as a quick way to freeze most enemies even some that ice spear can't freeze like zombies for example. combine a ice dragon freeze and use a nimbus to give them sleep status right around the time the freeze effect wears off and Sakura Abyss can be almost fully charged. might be worth seeing if the potion would be good for the rainbow sprite since they can fuse to you and increase defense and protection.

Would be cool if someone already used 200lvl on those and show us the stats.... :o
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Negumiko wrote: »

Would be cool if someone already used 200lvl on those and show us the stats.... :o

0c4478ca65.png

These are the stats of a Lv200 Age 1 Rainbow Sprite without Divine Link.

566cf2c33c.png
    With rank 1 Divine Link.

There are pets with better stats, and actual mounts, but it's still kinda fun to run around wearing your sprite while linked.
    Let a whole bunch of enemies aggro you and you'll ping the day away.
    Can't use Crisis Escape while united, though, but eh.
    KokoroSherriVaughanRaincloud95