Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Gen2 Mythril Armor RP Dungeon...

TaykoTayko
Mabinogi Rep: 510
edited November 21, 2017 in Help
Like.. seriously?
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but this dungeon seems way outscaled for the bear I'm forced to play.
Most enemies work okay, but when I'm put up against Black Grizzly Bears that have about 10x the amount of HP my little bear has and take half my health in one hit (while it takes like 15-20 of my hits to down them) - through defense, with only 30 crappy hp pots to heal up with... idk how I'm supposed to deal with that without dying, reviving, and walking back over and over with only a fraction of my health left usable. Is this intentionally designed like this? Am I missing something? Is my ping preventing me from getting my basic attacks in before theirs hit me? Idk. Help me please.

I start by using a 3-hit basic attack combo (or smash), grizzly is knocked down and gets back up - usually attacking me, which I counter. Gets thrown, gets back up again, but counter on cooldown. Trying to run until counter is back up - grizzly runs way faster and kills me. Trying to put up defense to survive the attack - it still kills me, or gets me to 1 hp / deadly status, and I die after the next counter. Trying to attack when he's knocked down before he can attack me - he gets up quickly and hits me the same time, or before, I hit him. When they use defense I smash, when they use counter I wait (no windmill on bear).. but if they attack after a counter there's nothing I can do to survive.

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Yeah, Giants have it a bit rough.
    Those Black Grizzly Bears can wound you so much, that even if you still have HP potions left, the wounds won't let you recover.

You can't lose this dungeon, since you can always revive, but it is very annoying.

Keep at it.

When I did it on all my giant characters, I just went through with the express purpose of being as efficient as possible with taking damage, so I could save my health and potions for the Black Grizzly Bears.

Since you're the same running speed, you just might be able to run around and get just enough time for Counterattack to come off of cooldown.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited November 21, 2017
    Yeah this G2 RP dungeon on Giants is ridiculous compared to Human/Elf ones. I was able to complete Human/Elf ones almost with eyes closed while doing Giant RP almost gave me rage quits... :/ I have ran past same rooms over and over again until i reached boss room, took me like 40 minutes i think. Thank god for some reason bosses have broken AI. They don't attack/move anymore. They used to be tough few years ago.
  • TaykoTayko
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    Yeah, managed to pull through eventually.. silly that the end boss is way easier than those grizzlies.
    Thanks for the encouragement. Was really frustrated at the time ^^'
    And no, I couldn't run away long enough for counter to get back up. They moved about twice as fast as my bear :|
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Good thing the boss for Giants and Elves don't need to be countered to be beaten.
    What with their lack of AI, so they won't attack or retaliate like Greta mentioned, lol!