Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Agnes the evil *****

LinisterLinister
Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
edited December 7, 2017 in Help
Agnes update: MY character now can make likey pots, so armed with a stash, a few more anthology books, and giving her gold, gave her a series (3-4 each?) and got her to say nicer thank you's, felt brave enough to start a conversation... and.... "oh no you shouldn't come here too often...." FINE, I'll come back tomorrow (Erinn time), not say anything, give a few more, and leave. Came back again, did the same and now she's giggling that I may be(female character)... "oh nevermind... (her words)... but then...
"oh no, you shouldn't come too often..... I have given her about 18 pots in total, probably 12 recent attempt. When I started the thread I had never unlocked a secret shop, but I have now done Nele and Nora so I have a better understanding of the routine. But this Agnes.... ARGGHHHHHH

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited December 7, 2017
    @Linister
    Yeah the thing about shops.
    There are some hidden values that need to be at certain values.

For any NPC's secret shop do this:
    *all this is from a clean slate, with an NPC that you haven't talked to or given gifts to

1) Don't start conversations, don't use keywords
    2) Give 5 Likeability Potions, one after the other, no conversations at all
    3) Open the NPC's shop and the Secret Shop should be unlocked.

This is for normal secret shops, not ones like Aeira's Coupon-accessed shop or Lucas's Bean Rua Membership shop.

This might not work for you until Agnes has forgotten about you enough.

If you wanna know the hidden value stuff for shops I'll just put a spoiler here:
    Secret shops work on hidden values, we'll call them "Favor", "Memory", and "Stress".
    Giving gifts, and doing Part-Time Jobs, give Favor
    Talking gives Memory
    Talking gives Stress, especially if Memory value is high. (7+)

Each NPC's secret shop needs these values:
    Favor = 50 or higher
    Memory = 15 or higher
    Stress = Less than 5

It's not documented perfectly how much Memory or Stress you gain/lose from actions, so the Likeability Potion method is best.
    What a Likeability Potion gives is:
    Favor +10
    Memory +4

So after 5 Potions, as long as you haven't talked to them, the NPC should be at:
    Favor: 50
    Memory: 20
    Stress: 0

So using potions, you bypass having to know an NPC's tastes in gifts and the whole issue with "Stress".
  • LinisterLinister
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    how long until she forgets? because I didn't bug her for some time after I last posted until I was able to craft likeability potions, and even after that, went for other npc secret shops, so all told, probably haven't been there in a month real time. she's not forgetting about me real fast... wonder what I did to get her to stress on me that much....
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    If I remember right, I think secret shops reset at 12 (midnight) in game time.

EDIT: NVM!! The wiki says "All secret shops reset at 12:00AM Pacific Time (3:00 AM Eastern Time)." so I was totally wrong lol.
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    I usually gave them 7 likability pots in a row and then opened the shop o-o has it been reduced or was I told wrong? ( i think my internet is bugging out, it says my connection timed out so if this posts twice I'm sorry)
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Leilicia wrote: »
    I usually gave them 7 likability pots in a row and then opened the shop o-o has it been reduced or was I told wrong? ( i think my internet is bugging out, it says my connection timed out so if this posts twice I'm sorry)

5's worked for me ever since I found that out and started using that method.
    Worked for even shops the wiki has listed as "Very Hard" like Glewyas or Wanst.