Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

SCAMMER

asazasaz
Mabinogi Rep: 100
edited December 15, 2017 in Alexina Chat
how can i report a scammer to GM?, hoping their account will get banned.....
today, around 8-12 hours ago, a player with name -removed- made a party written giveaway his item,
he have just add me, and ask me to buy the trade unlock,
after i give it , he offline..... sadly i dont make a vidio about it, i just have a picture of chat history...

Comments

• FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Why did you complete the trade without him giving you payment?
    [Deleted User]Veylaine
  • JOKJRJOKJR
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    asaz wrote: »
    how can i report a scammer to GM?, hoping their account will get banned.....
    today, around 8-12 hours ago, a player with name detux made a party written giveaway his item,
    he have just add me, and ask me to buy the trade unlock,
    after i give it , he offline..... sadly i dont make a vidio about it, i just have a picture of chat history...

To be honest thats what you get for not answering my notes. QQ MORE NOOB.
  • SpringvioletSpringviolet
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    It is sad that we all can't be friendly to each other in-game. I think the Alexina Community should note him about unethical behavior to his community players. No one deserves to be treated unkindly in-game.
    [Deleted User]Critobell
  • JOKJRJOKJR
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    It is sad that we all can't be friendly to each other in-game. I think the Alexina Community should note him about unethical behavior to his community players. No one deserves to be treated unkindly in-game.

Except for people who ignore others and treat them like trash when you note them I.e asaz
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220

He's apparently treating people unkindly in forums as well. All because someone didn't respond to a note.
    [Deleted User]
    Chain Slash came right in time!
    [Deleted User]
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited December 15, 2017
    Okay, from what i understand...
    1. The player made party which said that he's making a giveaway of his items.
    2. Then i don't know why and how you trusted and naively gave him Trade Unlock Potion so you could get some kind of item which was personalized apparently as well.
    3. Then you run here to forums screaming "SCAMMER!" and even post the said "scammer" name, which is against rules to do so, because no one knows if you are saying the truth and you need to submit a ticket for this so GM's could investigate the accident further.
    4. In the end, it's your fault for trusting a random guy who claimed that they're "giving away" a personalized item (giveaway for no reason?). Sorry not sorry.
    SylviaWolfe
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Greta wrote: »
    3. Then you run here to forums screaming "SCAMMER!" and even post the said "scammer" name, which is against rules to do so, because no one knows if you are saying the truth and you need to submit a ticket for this so GM's could investigate the accident further.

The best part about the name-posting is that OP has actually misspelled the scammer's name, which brings us to one of the reasons we're not allowed to name people on the forums - one mistaken identity and someone unrelated gets blamed. (We can check at the mailbox if a player exists; thankfully, there doesn't seem to be anyone going by detux/Detux.)

I know it's misspelled because the scammer attempted the same scam on one of my buddies.
    And I know the real name, but I'm not gonna post it here!
    [Deleted User]Greta
  • ZarozianZarozian
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    It's okay! Zaro is here!

This situation can't possibly get any worse! >;O
    [Deleted User]JOKJR
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited December 16, 2017
    Zarozian wrote: »
    It's okay! Zaro is here!

It just got worse. :trollface:

P.S: And yes, i understood right away that OP misspelled said players name. Wouldn't be surprised if they did it on purpose to avoid the removal of post/name.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Greta wrote: »
    Zarozian wrote: »
    It's okay! Zaro is here!

It just got worse. :trollface:

P.S: And yes, i understood right away that OP misspelled said players name. Wouldn't be surprised if they did it on purpose to avoid the removal of post/name.

They also posted the screenshots on Facebook about them being 'scammed' and one of the people who were involved in the 'scamming' was one of those shop-bots that had like a gibberish name.
    It is always good to get both sides because the truth is somewhere in the middle.