Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

LF> Lag Reduction Guide

CiejayCiejay
Mabinogi Rep: 410
in Technical Support
Hello Mabinogians,

Is there anyone that might give me some advice on a how to reduce lag in the game.
It's very odd for me to play the currently.
Used to play on Mabinogi Eu when it was beta, so i am one of the oldest veterans out there from Eu.
Some might know me, used to be called Rayzerr/Rayzorr (ON EU) currently go by the name Ciejay. (NA)
Playing on the Alexina server right now.

The main issues i have right now are combat lag, such as with Fighter skills, Archery, Alchemy, Magic, and even Chain.
If i want to summon my pets the delay is huge.
Also my frames go from 160-200 to sometimes 13-20 frames in an instant.
How can i main a steady FPS in this game?
I tried many settings but nothing seems to have a major effect.

I see many people in the game that don't have these issues, their speed compared to mine is like watching a different game.
Is there an how to guide to have the same settings as them?

My rig:
i7-4770k
Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
16 GB workspace
2x 500 GB SDD Samsung Evo
1x 1T HDD

Maybe it's not important, but my screen is actually a tv of 55 inch.
I like to play with wireless gear sitting from my couch or playing from my bed.

Thank in advance.

Comments

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    edited December 21, 2017
    Have you turned off nagle on your pc? It helps ALOT with lag due to distance from server. I have several friends in Europe that I play with and it helped them all. (I'm east coast US and it made a noticeable diff for me even).

Have you turned of Quest Info? System Menu->Options->Game->ETC select "Hide Quest Info".

Reducing range of vision can help some as well as lowering many of the graphics options such as shadows and even removing 'Footprints'.

Choosing not to display Talent Icons for everyone helps a lot too.

A good listing of things to do...
    https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Lag
    Shoog
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited December 23, 2017
    Ktty wrote: »
    Have you turned off nagle on your pc? It helps ALOT with lag due to distance from server. I have several friends in Europe that I play with and it helped them all. (I'm east coast US and it made a noticeable diff for me even).

Have you turned of Quest Info? System Menu->Options->Game->ETC select "Hide Quest Info".

Reducing range of vision can help some as well as lowering many of the graphics options such as shadows and even removing 'Footprints'.

Choosing not to display Talent Icons for everyone helps a lot too.

A good listing of things to do...
    https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Lag

This. I also can suggest hiding character names too. Ctr+N magic. :)
    Shoog
  • DingigraphiDingigraphi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,935
    something that may help the framerate issue. is to disable Quest Info. basically what this does is it highlights where to go for each quest in game. say if you are in a bank and look at the exit. there will be a list of Quests. this used to give me allot of issues. i have also seen highend computers have issues with that setting. The setting is in Etc of interface!

I believe its called "Hide quest info"
    Shoog