Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Crocodile Enchant doesn't work with Chain Blades

LammerLammer
Mabinogi Rep: 950
in Help
What is the issue?
I was enchanting my chain blade with two-handed weapon enchants when the "crocodile" enchant did not show my chain blade as a possible equip to put the enchant on. This was weird because I had already enchanted my chain blade with another two-handed weapon enchant, the "Untamed" enchant. The chain blade has "Enchant available regardless of the rank limit" from another enchant I put on it, but there is still no option to put the "crocodile" enchant on it. The same thing happens when I try to put "Speedy" on Merlin Knuckles.

What steps must be taken for us to recreate the issue?
Have a weapon with the correct rank prior to putting the next enchant on, or have an enchant with "Enchant available regardless of the rank limit." Then try to put "crocodile" on chain blades or "speedy" on merlin knuckles.

What do you expect to happen instead?
I expected the "crocodile" enchant to work because I had another enchant that had the same requirement of being a two-handed weapon. The same goes for merlin knuckles with having another knuckles only enchant on it already but not being able to put "speedy" on it.

lamdaman101
Tarlach Server

Comments

• RRMRRM
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
    edited December 23, 2017
    "Enchant available regardless of the rank limit" is a property of the enchant, and does not transfer to weapons.
    (It shows up because weapons copy the enchant's description.)

You will need to have an R8 or above suffix to put Crocodile on the chainblade, and an R8 or above prefix on the knuckles.

EDIT: Rank fix, I can math I promise.
    Lammer
  • LammerLammer
    Mabinogi Rep: 950
    edited December 26, 2017
    RRM wrote: »
    "Enchant available regardless of the rank limit" is a property of the enchant, and does not transfer to weapons.
    (It shows up because weapons copy the enchant's description.)

You will need to have an R8 or above suffix to put Crocodile on the chainblade, and an R8 or above prefix on the knuckles.

EDIT: Rank fix, I can math I promise.

Ohhh I didn't know that's how it works! I figured it equipment would keep the limitless part. Thanks for the clarity :)