Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Pet Adoption Medals & Divine Link

michaeleelimichaeleeli
Mabinogi Rep: 720
in Help
Hey I have two seperate questions;

The Pet Adoption Medal sais cannot be used on limited available pets. Do these means any of the current pets on sale (Alto, Christmas Alpaca, etc)? It can only be used on the pets that are permanently in shop?

For Divine Link, I can't seem to get any of the subskills. For example Enlighted Vision sais I need to use DL 50 times to get it, but I'm sure I've used it hundreds of times as its r6 already.

Comments

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    It can't be used on pets obtained from events etc... Basically any 'freebie' as well as some purchasable pets from the past.

A list of Limited Available Pets (probably not a complete list but close).
    https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Pets_List#Limited_Edition_Pets
  • michaeleelimichaeleeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 720
    I see...the freebies make sense. Although I just saw someone pet adopt Christmas Alpaca, reindeer, gingerbread truck and such despite being on the list of limited edition. Not sure if I saw Alto though - does anyone know if you can pet adopt alto?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I always thought that meant it can't be used on Expiring pets, like those Phoenix pets from the phoenix event way back when, or that Free 7-day horse card they used to give to accounts in the past.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited December 23, 2017
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    I always thought that meant it can't be used on Expiring pets, like those Phoenix pets from the phoenix event way back when, or that Free 7-day horse card they used to give to accounts in the past.

Yes this is it exactly. You can't use an adoption medal on pets that have an expiration (Like the 7 day thoroughbred that you can only use for 7 days and then never be able to use it again). You also, as far as I'm aware, cannot use it on the pets you get from the newbie quests that don't have inventories.

You can use it on event pets (pets you got from events) provided they have inventories and provided they don't have an expiration on them. That is what Nexon means by "limited"; pets that don't have inventories or have expiration dates are "limited".

And, by expiration, I don't mean the (you can only use this pet for 150 minutes and then you have to wait until tomorrow to have this reset) because ALL pets have that. By expiration, I mean (you can only summon this pet for the next 7 days then you have to delete it because you will no longer EVER be able to summon it again).

Limited edition pets, like the xmas ones currently in the shop, can be put into pet medals too, because they both have inventories and don't have an expiration on them. Therefore, they qualify for pet medal adoption.

I see...the freebies make sense. Although I just saw someone pet adopt Christmas Alpaca, reindeer, gingerbread truck and such despite being on the list of limited edition. Not sure if I saw Alto though - does anyone know if you can pet adopt alto?

Yes you can adopt an Alto