Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Twilight wings will return

CrimsọnCrimsọn
Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
edited December 27, 2017 in General Chat
As gacha. That's why they made the ones from the event expire and made the perma coupon have an abysmal drop rate.

Just say no this time. Don't buy it. Please.

bg.jpg

We keep buying this crap it lets them know it's ok to keep releasing stuff this way. It's not ok. Show them how it's not ok. Ok? Ok.

Thanks.
OdinwolfeNegumikoBlissfulkill[Deleted User]

Comments

• OdinwolfeOdinwolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    Disgusting.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Odinwolfe wrote: »
    Disgusting.

Yep, pretty much. Revolting.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    edited December 27, 2017
    there are more important things then just adding cash grab gacha wings. this is just a waste of money. gacha is not the only way nexon could make money, nexon could easily make a profit selling name change coupons and giving us the VIP update that the Korean mabi has had for about 7 months now.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Negumiko wrote: »
    there are more important things then just adding cash grab gacha wings. this is just a waste of money. gacha is not the only way nexon could make money, nexon could easily make a profit selling name change coupons and giving us the VIP update that the Korean mabi has had for about 7 months now.

They have actually updated their VIP services 3 times now and we have never received a single update of those services. I hope we will soon because the homestead housing ties into the VIP update.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Gaea wrote: »
    Negumiko wrote: »

They have actually updated their VIP services 3 times now and we have never received a single update of those services. I hope we will soon because the homestead housing ties into the VIP update.

yeah, VIP has been updated a few times but I think the first major VIP update was around May 11th 2017 which is why I said they have had updated VIP for about 7 months. I don't know if they have had any recent VIP updates before May 11th however the main point is we should at least get the VIP update that happened around May 11th soon. the homestead thing will probably take a bit longer since it was just released but we certainly deserve better the VIP then crappy version that we have now which barely offers anything worth paying for at the moment.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited December 27, 2017
    Wings are cancer. Both in how they are slapped on any outfit by the general populace, and how they are gachified beyond belief. The churning out of wings to the point that we have gachapons centering around wings speaks of creative bankruptcy on the developers' part, as much as the usage speaks of the average wearer.

Oh, another dozen pair of wings?

92d581670e59c0c9801415e5c59e74b4.gif

*Yawns*
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited December 27, 2017
    Wings are cancer. Both in how they are slapped on any outfit by the general populace, and how they are gachified beyond belief. The churning out of wings to the point that we have gachapons centering around wings speaks of creative bankruptcy on the developers' part. Oh, another dozen pair of wings?

*Yawns

We should burn all the wings. It's hot garbage anyway. It's bs how they keep shoving this crap at us. This is going to piss off a lot of newbs that could never afford wings, get wings that were going to intentionally expire before the release of this gacha. It's disgusting.

Smh.
    edited December 27, 2017
    Gaea wrote: »
    Wings are cancer. Both in how they are slapped on any outfit by the general populace, and how they are gachified beyond belief. The churning out of wings to the point that we have gachapons centering around wings speaks of creative bankruptcy on the developers' part. Oh, another dozen pair of wings?

*Yawns

We should burn all the wings. It's hot garbage anyway. It's bs how they keep shoving this crap at us. This is going to piss off a lot of newbs that could never afford wings, get wings that we're going to intentionally expire before the release of this gacha. It's disgusting.

Smh.

I believe that wing fashion in general tends to amount to being shallow. People wear them to look wealthy, but not to look aesthetically pleasing. It is all that artificial rarity that make wings such a hot commodity. It used to be the same with flashy dyes.

I honestly have a problem here. We have a playerbase that seeks to purchase wings for this reason, to which Nexon obliges within the confines of that reason, despite it coming off as merely a fad that has overstayed its welcome. Often, the whales who buy wings are those who want it to be rare and expensive. There seems to be little thinking beyond that of twisted pride arising out of having more than the others, and this just seems completely inane.

It isn't so much me being mad that the Twilight Event was bull, but the idea behind wings that angers me. People used to derive pride from accomplishments, such as figuring out how to beat BattlesToads. Now, the idea that one wasted a bunch of real life money on a bunch of pixels to be considered a source of "pride", is quite saddening.
    YellowBin
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    I have no problem with the wings. I will buy the gacha. Atleast now those who missed the event/couldn't run have a decent chance to obtain wings. The prices of wings arn't even that expensive anymore. Maybe the more rarer ones like Tuan wings, but other wings are like 3-6m, some being 10m. Not everyone who buys/wears wing use it as a way to show off.
    MizukiHayamaYellowBinHellkaizerPolicromapawcalypseBlissfulkillLammerMikuV3VaughanAavaand 2 others.
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    I have no problem with the wings. I will buy the gacha. Atleast now those who missed the event/couldn't run have a decent chance to obtain wings. The prices of wings arn't even that expensive anymore. Maybe the more rarer ones like Tuan wings, but other wings are like 3-6m, some being 10m. Not everyone who buys/wears wing use it as a way to show off.

I thought I did not have to put up a disclaimer, but my problem is not inherent to wings itself, but with people in general. Though in honesty, this encompasses more than just wings or even Mabinogi, really. It is just a problem with many people in general.

Note: If you wear wings because you think they look fantastic, great. I am not targeting you then.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670

I thought I did not have to put up a disclaimer, but my problem is not inherent to wings itself, but with people in general. Though in honesty, this encompasses more than just wings or even Mabinogi, really. It is just a problem with many people in general.

Note: If you wear wings because you think they look fantastic, great. I am not targeting you then.

Oh I was just stating that people tend to think that all those who wear wings are showing off or some sort of social status, when really, alot of people just really love wings. I myself love how they look on my character because they mix well with the color scheme I use. It is true that a few people do think that wings = King/Queen of the game, but those people have no life and have no idea how to really enjoy something. (infact really find it sad that people think owning virtual item makes them somehow cool) I just think wings are cute and I love to have more to add to my collection, and to come up with more outfits to wear.
    BlissfulkillMizukiHayamaHellkaizerPolicromapawcalypseLammerMikuV3JazmynCarlizeVaughanand 1 other.
  • OdinwolfeOdinwolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    There are better ways to increase cash flow without going P2W and without releasing stupid items.

I remember way back in the day, I suggested they put skill resets in the cash shop and not a year later they did.

I wish Nexon America listened to its user base a helluva lot more.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Odinwolfe wrote: »
    There are better ways to increase cash flow without going P2W and without releasing stupid items.

I remember way back in the day, I suggested they put skill resets in the cash shop and not a year later they did.

I wish Nexon America listened to its user base a helluva lot more.

They can't anymore because KR is not listening anymore. See we can go ahead and not buy the gacha here but they will keep shoving it in our faces because the KR server eats that crap up.
    edited December 28, 2017

Oh I was just stating that people tend to think that all those who wear wings are showing off or some sort of social status, when really, alot of people just really love wings. I myself love how they look on my character because they mix well with the color scheme I use. It is true that a few people do think that wings = King/Queen of the game, but those people have no life and have no idea how to really enjoy something. (infact really find it sad that people think owning virtual item makes them somehow cool) I just think wings are cute and I love to have more to add to my collection, and to come up with more outfits to wear.

I get that. :) I love wearing Miniopterus wings for my Shinigami (Or Demon whatever) Costume comes Halloween, and I think the base Twilight Wings look great with the Astrologer outfit, especially concerning the information. I should also note that I don't consider everyone who wears wings to be this type, regardless of whether or not it jives with my fashion taste. Aesthetics are a strange beast, but my observations made in general are based on the assumption that flashies were merely replaced with wings as a whole for that same crowd.

(Despite flashies being far more repulsive than any wing these days.)

I was around when the dye well events/sales first happened. Once we got synthesizers pumping out dyes, a large amount of people stopped using flashies, and dye prices as a whole dropped, except for notable gacha fixed dyes.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Shots fired.

>_>

<_<

-waits for those newbs to come out of the woodworks-
  • EnaEna
    Mabinogi Rep: 705
    sick of wing in mabi. can i have something else?
    cant read korea if some one kindly translate?
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    What a pity those red wings weren't in the event.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    Disturbed by Infinite Wing War?

If then, move along and do something else. There are plenty more things to do.
    PolicromaAava
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    They put too much focus on wings... It's depressing.
    I blame the korean whales.
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    To be honest, I wouldn't hate new wings as much if 99% of new wings were not recolors/reskins of past wings.

I never really understood the "I must have wings!" mentality either. I've seen a lot of people just take any pair, regardless if it fits their look, color, or overall appearance, and just keep them on.

I mean I get some people think its cool to have wings but.....why?
    I've seen countless looks ruined by wings, outfit sets that would look amazing if the wings the player placed on it were just taken off.

But I've also seen wings used in interesting and creative ways for good looks too.
    Heck, I even just use Incubus Wings to mask the wings of Succubus Bodywear to give the illusion of larger wings. It works.

I say we ask for less wing reskins instead of just less wings.
    Or more dyable wings. Less fixed color wings?
    Maybe "wings" that are not technically wings but something else entirely so it actually feels new????
    They could make it just be a metal ring floating behind your back and it would be 10000x more appealing than these reskins.