[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

I have a toon over 1000 but im starting new...

CaideCaide
Mabinogi Rep: 750
Posts: 14
Member
in Help
I dont get any beginner benefits on the new character besides the nao pet boost and the moon book. How would you guys recommend getting AP? I did the Hero support from using an ACE character but I only get 50 AP every Saturday for that.

TL;DR: Feels like im playing old school mabi and im starved for AP and the like since im a new character with no beginner benefits, any tips/tricks I should know?

(Also making a new account is out of the question, my current account has good banks slots and pets/etc. So i gotta stay on this account.)

Comments

  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,795
    Posts: 156
    Member
    edited January 8
    Depends on how rich you are.
    2x AP is going on right now and another one soon btw
    Also free Ace rebirths. Is it possible to make tons of new characters and get those 50 AP to main char
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Posts: 340
    Member
    For early AP:

    Raising skills to get talents up gives bonus AP, Production mastery being an easy jab at a lot of talents at once.

    Do G1(Goddess quest tab) and keep doing the story quests in order from there. Easy AP, stats, and abilities.
    Ignore quests under Divine Knights until you do all other storylines so you are strong enough and it makes some level of sense.

    Do daily shadow missions, as they are typically easier than most dungeons. If you get a talent up to expert you can tag along in hard mode runs usually hosted by veterans. A good group leads to good exp.

    Do events. Some events give AP in some form.

    This is about it for early levels.

    Once you get to a decent level and do some G19/G20 stuff, you can pay more attention to Squires.
    From the squire hub you can participate in Baltaine Missions from level 60 to 100 each rebirth.
    Be warned though, these missions expect you to be decently leveled.
    Doing the story in order and training stats up should make it easier.
    pawcalypse
  • CaideCaide
    Mabinogi Rep: 750
    Posts: 14
    Member
    Nilrem wrote: »
    For early AP:

    Raising skills to get talents up gives bonus AP, Production mastery being an easy jab at a lot of talents at once.

    Do G1(Goddess quest tab) and keep doing the story quests in order from there. Easy AP, stats, and abilities.
    Ignore quests under Divine Knights until you do all other storylines so you are strong enough and it makes some level of sense.

    Do daily shadow missions, as they are typically easier than most dungeons. If you get a talent up to expert you can tag along in hard mode runs usually hosted by veterans. A good group leads to good exp.

    Do events. Some events give AP in some form.

    This is about it for early levels.

    Once you get to a decent level and do some G19/G20 stuff, you can pay more attention to Squires.
    From the squire hub you can participate in Baltaine Missions from level 60 to 100 each rebirth.
    Be warned though, these missions expect you to be decently leveled.
    Doing the story in order and training stats up should make it easier.

    Cool but about daily shadow missions, I notice I dont have a daily tab anymore, but i do have a home screen when i log in, it displays the wearther and moon gates i recently used and stuff like that, do I do the shadow missions it shows from there? Is that the new way of doing dailies?
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Posts: 340
    Member
    edited January 8
    Caide wrote: »
    Nilrem wrote: »
    For early AP:

    Raising skills to get talents up gives bonus AP, Production mastery being an easy jab at a lot of talents at once.

    Do G1(Goddess quest tab) and keep doing the story quests in order from there. Easy AP, stats, and abilities.
    Ignore quests under Divine Knights until you do all other storylines so you are strong enough and it makes some level of sense.

    Do daily shadow missions, as they are typically easier than most dungeons. If you get a talent up to expert you can tag along in hard mode runs usually hosted by veterans. A good group leads to good exp.

    Do events. Some events give AP in some form.

    This is about it for early levels.

    Once you get to a decent level and do some G19/G20 stuff, you can pay more attention to Squires.
    From the squire hub you can participate in Baltaine Missions from level 60 to 100 each rebirth.
    Be warned though, these missions expect you to be decently leveled.
    Doing the story in order and training stats up should make it easier.

    Cool but about daily shadow missions, I notice I dont have a daily tab anymore, but i do have a home screen when i log in, it displays the wearther and moon gates i recently used and stuff like that, do I do the shadow missions it shows from there? Is that the new way of doing dailies?

    The shadow mission dailies listed there are the very dailies you do, just easier to look at.

    To find the quest, you open the "repeat" tab in quests.
    If the repeat tab is not there, do more tutorials or relog.

    The information you see upon logging in is the recently added Traveler's guide.
    It can be found from the button next to character info. The little celtic mabi symbol.

    It does more than show dailies, such as showing locations of Price, listing times for daily events, weekly events, etc.
    Just remember that for daily and weekly events listed in the guide to go by server time, or PST.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,625
    Posts: 1,261
    Member
    If your new character doesn't have daily tab yet, are they total level 50 (or something) yet?

    Characters don't get daily quests for shadow missions until they reach a certain total level.
  • courtneyycourtneyy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    Posts: 37
    Member
    Caide wrote: »
    I dont get any beginner benefits on the new character besides the nao pet boost and the moon book. How would you guys recommend getting AP? I did the Hero support from using an ACE character but I only get 50 AP every Saturday for that.

    TL;DR: Feels like im playing old school mabi and im starved for AP and the like since im a new character with no beginner benefits, any tips/tricks I should know?

    (Also making a new account is out of the question, my current account has good banks slots and pets/etc. So i gotta stay on this account.)

    So.... first thing that comes to mind, do Saga I Episode 10 Everyday, complete the quest, save the purple box it gives you until either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. At that point, you can open all the boxes you saved over the week for AP Coupons + Gold + Experience + Chance @ Macha Transformation Coin + Chance @ Demonic Lance (which you can sell for gold or NPC). Cool right?

    Other thing is... if you're on Tarlach (which you're probably not *SUPER SADFACE*) --I'm happy to run all your elites for you, minus a few that are obnoxiously long and not worth it, and I'm also happy to let you leech in my own missions, as I only care about end chest keys and could care less about exp/ap. I typically run alot of wiz elites and/or Dorren elites, and lords. I also have partner /boxes/ so I get other random elite passes daily. :)

    Anddd... you can always talk to Duncan, he'll reset your skills, you get back all your ap. Then rank up a new skill set, talk to Duncan again, get back the AP, rinse and repeat. (that's for if you simply want to get your skills all to r1, then slowly rank them back when you get enough ap.)

    And Lastly.... make sure that you do your quest lines (this has already been mentioned above) but most of them are super good for ap/exp.

    If you wanna cheese the game, invest in ranking Ice Spear, get some Ice Spear Explosion reforges on a rosemary glove + armor and go hang out in Shyllien killing mobs on the 2nd floor for an hour or two while linked to your pet. It's fabulously fast, especially with double exp pots or events.

    Hope that helps :)
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,275
    Posts: 1,033
    Member
    edited January 8
    Since you're over 1k, it might be a bit difficult for you (difficulty increases by cumulative level), but complete Saga Season 1 in its entirety. You'll get 300 AP just for doing that as well as a Battle Pegasus whistle.