Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Character Appearance Log-in Issue

LeineiLeinei
Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
edited January 11, 2018 in Technical Support
Anyone else getting some weird thing where they go to their character select screen and everyone is wearing only their armor/gear tab?

Looks like we got a style tab issue. -_-

Edit/Update: On the upside, when I selected my character and logged in as them, they are wearing their stuff. Though it's not fixing the character select screen.

Comments

• NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    I mean as long as its only an issue on the log in page its fine.

Although I can always get some people to help me check if its anything else.
    Just to be sure.
  • YukinaMiyabiYukinaMiyabi
    Mabinogi Rep: 995
    No other people see you in gear.

I had a friend log to tell me. They only see style when you put it on in front of them.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Seriously? So, unless you re-equip your style tab, you're wearing your Gear tab? O_O
    Yes and anyone who doesn't have your player loaded will see you in gear.
  • LeineiLeinei
    @Katherz Hey, guys, any idea on what's going on? Any ETA for a fix?
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    I can confirm, rather bothersome glitch.
    As far as I know this has kind of been an issue for a few months now when style tab expires. When it happens you will still see your style but others will see gear. I guess now its doing it style tab or no.
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited January 11, 2018
    Yeah, but my style tab is supposed to be active (I have VIP). Others likely have Style Tab Keys active, so this is kind of insane.
    Jazmyn
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    style tab has been glitchy for a good while.
    with the idle animations resetting every tick, now this.

when are we getting a fix?
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited January 11, 2018
    That's what I'd like to know. -_-

From what a guild mate is saying, the GMs know via the Discord, but no one has come in here and said anything. Nothing on the main page either.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Yeah, I have style tab time left and I was naked on the login screen.
    Seeing my friends in their actual gear is funny, though.
  • LeineiLeinei
    It is, but it's distressing. I thought all my stuff was gone. -_-()
    pawcalypse
    Well if they know about it then the best we can do is wait.
    And it is pretty amusing to see all the ppl running around in mix match clothes\armor or nude xD
    NewbieChain
  • LeineiLeinei
    Inb4 emergency maintenance. -_-
    Sherripawcalypse
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,170
    Well lets hope its faster than this bug lol that_is_not_60.png
    I think this one was a 4 yr bug
  • KatherzKatherz
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
    We are aware of this issue and are looking into it. Thanks.
    MissFortuneLeinei[Deleted User]SherriCrimsọnNegumikoVaughanNilremNifanityJazmynand 1 other.
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited January 11, 2018
    Katherz wrote: »
    We are aware of this issue and are looking into it. Thanks.

Yay! Thanks for the reply! (\(^_^)/)
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    My character was nude in the log in screen but when I logged in, she was fine.
    Weird stuff lol
    [Deleted User]Scarly
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,170
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    @Trythis ~ Often times bugs will linger on for years because the people reporting them don't do it properly. It's not always as simple as telling someone, 'hey look, there's a bug, fix it'... ~ Knowing there's a bug does little if you don't what to do about it (or how to reproduce it). This is why it's important for people to adhere to the posting rules when reporting Bugs & Glitches in the forum. ~ I don't mean this thread.

If the bug you mentioned had been better presented, 4 years ago, it likely would have been addressed a lot sooner.

Not going to lie I thought you were darkpixie for a moment
    [Deleted User]SherriScarlypawcalypse
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited January 11, 2018
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    @Trythis ~ Often times bugs will linger on for years because the people reporting them don't do it properly. It's not always as simple as telling someone, 'hey look, there's a bug, fix it'... ~ Knowing there's a bug does little if you don't what to do about it (or how to reproduce it). This is why it's important for people to adhere to the posting rules when reporting Bugs & Glitches in the forum. ~ I don't mean this thread.

If the bug you mentioned had been better presented, 4 years ago, it likely would have been addressed a lot sooner.

Yeah, I mainly posted here because everyone seems to come here more often and I figured it would be seen sooner. It is the top of the page, after all. I wasn't sure if it was a true glitch that was affecting the game itself or just my end, hence why I posted it. XD

So far I tried logging in and out and channel changing; it didn't work. I'm afraid to unequip any of my stuff on the off chance it might cause another issue.

@Trythis Hardmuscle has a habit of changing their avatar from time to time so it's good to double-check names. XD
    Trythis[Deleted User]