Check out the patch notes for the June 18th content update, My Little Pet: http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/23192/
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mabi is too laggy!

LiyetaLiyeta
Mabinogi Rep: 6,060
in Technical Support
Worst lag is between 11pm till 7am.

Comments

• joawsome7joawsome7
    Mabinogi Rep: 730
    I don't know if it's just me, or everyone on Mari server, but I can't enter the shadow realm on Ch2.
  • LiyetaLiyeta
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,060
    edited January 14, 2018
    Yea that happen too in alexina ch 1
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,475
    The game wont let me log in now and everything was despawned on Alexina ch1
    Also couldn't do sms, Squire missions, or dungeons.
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,395
    Lag has gotten worse over the past couple weeks. The other night I couldn't find ANY mobs on chn2.
    Also BlackCipher is bein' a pain in the rear because it keeps switchin' its affinity to ALL CPU cores instead of the one I assigned it to. So looks like I won't be doin' elven archery now (blackCipher.aes and client.exe need to be on separate CPU cores to minimize the elven archery lag bug. Also seems to affect Ninja and Chainblade as well. And don't get me started on how customer support responded to my inquiry about why blackCipher is bein' a pain).
    NewbieChain
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    I have like small stutters when my char walks. Also everything takes so long to cast.
    It could also be the christmas stuff falling from the sky.

I was different before I left for month abd not so bad.
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,395
    edited January 15, 2018
    Ok this is ridiculous, went into Sulfur Spider Basic ( my least fave SM so I just wanna get it done and over with) got a 5 minute lag spike where I could do NOTHING. I wasn't movin', the spiders weren't movin'. When things finally started movin' again, I was thrown to the corner of the room with over half of my MP gone because the spiders had been hittin' me throughout the entire lag spike.

Had another lag spike, this one lasted 3 minutes in Siege Weapon. Peridot Crystal Bear nearly killed my divine-linked (r6) lvl 200 Fantasia Pegasus.
    Another happened in Counterattack, icr how long it last but it got me killed and made me fail the mission.

So yeah, RIDICULOUS. Oh and to top it all off: BlackCipher still won't stay on the assigned CPU core AND when I set its priority to low, 20 seconds later it resets it back to normal.
    SO let's see: Servers are laggin' (no surprise there), the only (temp) fix for elven archery lag that doesn't break the TOS has been taken away from us, turns out that same fix also has an astoundin' affect on ninja and chainblade as well ( makes it lag less, both have a similar lag problem as elven archery not as big but it's still there), oh channel 2 of Mari is messed up (no mobs, inability to enter SMs, Sidhe Finnachaid, and Iria SMs {the Saga episodes for those who are lost on that}), and who knows what else at this point is messed up. Gettin' just a bit ticked off at all this.....

P.S. Yes I will keep harpin' on about the CPU core affinity thing with blackCipher because there is no reason that Nexon should take away our only legal way to "fix" elven archery lag and improve gameplay experience over all. Believe me, assigin' client.exe and blackCipher.aes to separate cores from each other makes the game more stable and it runs smoother. So it isn't just about elven archery lag bug, it affects the overall gameplay experience.

P.P.S. Forgot to mention some of the other lag spikes DCed me too.
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 12,900
    edited January 15, 2018
    My ping is a little higher than normal, but that's nothing I can't compensate for on my end. My Speedtest results from Wisconsin to California are the worst to look at in this day and age (Slower than 82% of the US);... AND with that said,.. I really have to wonder what gives with other people who have faster connections and better systems than I? What are they doing, or not doing, to lag so much more? (rhetorical question)..

6969024875.png
    Let's try something on for size.
    If the below is running... ; Turn it off..., and then tell me if there was any improvement in Overall System Performance.

R634jmW.png

OFj6nfK.png