Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Several Years away, What has changed?

OilowwOiloww
Mabinogi Rep: 300
in General Chat
I've been away for a while now, well a little more than a while, probably around the time that G9 was just closing up. I've forgotten my server, but I'm sure I'll be able to check upon login. I'm actually slightly surprised that the game still has a pretty solid community based off of the forums. I'm overall excited to get back into things when I have the time. If anyone could point me into the right direction to other threads, that would describe the general updates and most important ones. As well as some guides on the main quests I should hit. I doubt nothing about interface has changed much, and being that this is the literal SAO before SAO, I guess I could do literally anything anyways. Thanks for the read, I'll look forward to some answers.

Comments

• NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Since G9:

G10 through G20 came to be.

From G10 through G12, Demigod mode exists, with abilities that work like a last resort. Timed and ranks up with level ups and rebirths.
    Rebirths are now weekly, no more waiting for age 20.
    Alchemy never became relevant.
    G13 through G16 have a place called Avon with Shakespeare storyline, but most people use it for the Martial Arts mission chain.
    G17 is terrible and we don't speak of it.
    G18, otherwise known as Saga 1 and 2, is an example of what happens when someone with fanfiction level writing makes a MMO story.
    G19 is actually pretty good, but is also considerably harder than previous storylines.
    G20 continues G19's trend, but also rewards one of the best skills in the game.

A lot of revamps happened:
    Magic is now really good.
    Melee is still stupidly powerful.
    Giants got a revamp and are all of the stronk.
    Elves never got a revamp and asked for one despite being powerful already.
    Stats have a lot more meaning.
    Dungeons got changed around in difficulty, mostly being harder.

New talents:
    Guns: The dual stat talent of STR and INT. Super fast shooting.
    Puppets: The dual stat talent of STR and DEX, you either be really good or really bad with it.
    Ninja: The dual stat talent of STR and WILL, be super sneaky and then not be.
    Fighter: Literally Martial Arts, uses Will.
    Chainblade: The newest talent, uses Dex and Luck. Considerably harder to get into due to quest difficulty.

Besides that, just figure out what server you are on, as someone will more than likely help you out in game.
    KokoroShouKSpiritikaHellkaizer
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    Nexon made the combat worse with the new "dynamic" combat system; everything (except magic and alchemy) has cool-downs instead of load-times and players' take much less stun from attacks.
    Windmill no longer makes the user take damage but also has lost its invulnerability frames, everyone uses the paper plane action instead.
  • OilowwOiloww
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    Nice to see at least the community still has its background when it comes down to humor. I'll have to take a deeper look around. Being on the Alexina server I'm sure I'll be able to find someone that's willing to catch me up on everything. The chain blade looks attractive to use, but I doubt I'll be sticking with it. I've never been big on the whole magic thing. So I guess ninja might be the move at this point. Demi God and the rebirthing system sounds like some great moves. Otherwise, mabi will always be mabi. I guess I'll enjoy it while it's still around.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    jjeremy wrote: »
    Nexon made the combat worse with the new "dynamic" combat system; everything (except magic and alchemy) has cool-downs instead of load-times and players' take much less stun from attacks.
    Windmill no longer makes the user take damage but also has lost its invulnerability frames, everyone uses the paper plane action instead.

Most people think that change was good, myself included...
  • 3rdy3rdy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,705
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    jjeremy wrote: »

Most people think that change was good, myself included...

lets just say it made the game very solo savvy and leave it at that.....