Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Paladin or Dark Knight

OilowwOiloww
Mabinogi Rep: 300
in Alexina Chat
I'm currently a Paladin (obviously, right?), but I've been on the debate since I've started, on if I'd like to go DK. Any suggestions? I'll leave the poll right here for ya. Thanks!
  1. Paladin or DK?25 votes
    1. Pally bc Saint life
       56% (14 votes)
    2. DK bc you dgaf
       44% (11 votes)

Comments

• JOKJRJOKJR
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    Champion is thiccc

Infra not so thiccc.

EZ
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    edited January 19, 2018
    well it also depends on what talents and skills you want to use most. Paladin boosts will and stamina making it great for martial arts and other talents that consume a large amount of stamina and Dark Knight give str and mp making it great for warrior and mage skills (Dark Knight is also helpful for training the potion lore skill very quickly cause of the DK bleed effect) also becoming a Dark Knight is not connected to G3 at all. you will learn a little about the Dark Knights from G3 but it is not related to becoming one. once you finish both G2 and G3 only humans get a quest line that leads to becoming a Dark Knight. either way I recommend playing most of the quest line to becoming a Dark Knight anyway cause it is very interesting, you get to do a rp dungeon with Ruairi as a dark knight, and you can literally get to the last part of the the quest line to becoming a Dark Knight and just stop and remain a Paladin as long as you want.
    Greta
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    @Negumiko ~ You make it seem like Baol Final is a cake walk. :trollface:

It is. I've been one shooting the final boss a few times now.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    @Negumiko ~ You make it seem like Baol Final is a cake walk. :trollface:

It is. I've been one shooting the final boss a few times now.

while the G3 final Baol dungeon may be considered easy for me and other advanced players it can be challenging for a player doing it for the first time. plus the 5 floors can make it tiring and encourages player to be sure to stock up on healing items before going in and have at least one player that is good at healing. overall I think the dungeon is well balanced as it is a fair challenge to new players and encourages them to ask stronger players for help and the party limitation of 3 prevents it from being overly easy.

however my original comment was not stating whether G2 and G3 were difficult or not. I only said you need to beat both to get the quest line that leads to becoming a Dark Knight. Baol dungeon is not even in the quest line to actually becoming a Dark Knight.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    The boss is "easier" than the actual dungeon, to be fair. You're more likely to die from mobs ganging up on you in Baol than Cromm Cruaich. Even then, it isn't a cakewalk for most new players.