Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

PSA: Investigative Report

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Trythis wrote: »
    @Gaea im talking about @Apologist because I highly doubt they are a professional so they aren't bound by protocols they can simply provide the proof with all the confidential info blacked out.

Nexon doing an investigation is a separate matter unless OP is doing it with them.

Welp this is obviously moot then. Whether they are or aren't they can't divulge any of that information.

But what WE can do is start reporting them so Nexon can look into it. If the shops start disappearing, we will all have our answer for this matter. I think that sounds logical.
  • TheOthicTheOthic
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,525
    edited January 19, 2018
    Gaea wrote: »

Welp this is obviously moot then. Whether they are or aren't they can't divulge any of that information.

But what WE can do is start reporting them so Nexon can look into it. If the shops start disappearing, we will all have our answer for this matter. I think that sounds logical.

You aren't going to satisfy the masses with this. Not many people are going to take this at face value unless some inherent truth is behind it and empirical at that. Its especially bad given how serious the accusations are. So believing something so blindly like this without concrete evidence to back it up is like being part of a cult or a conspiracy theory to some people, yes it makes a whole lot of it makes sense but you need SOMETHING otherwise people are just going to dismiss him as some trolling or delusional twat.

Also if they had such dire information they could of just sent a message to actual authorities or something. Posting on a forum of a crappy mmo which probably like 5% or less of the game population uses is child's play.
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    i go buy reforges... but i dont go online and buy [poop] from no website. tbh

i heard ppl also argue why gms dont remove the bots so often is cus ppl are feeding the bots... but thats just more of a reason to actively dedicate your time removing them. specially if this is the reason, and seems a lot of comments are assuming its not too... so maybe the argument just invalid...

tbh i rather have bots removed then free services which happened to the shadow mission to prevent this. I can understand if the reforge bots take up to much space.....but editing a shadow mission didnt really change that.

I remember someone tried to sell reforges for way more then the bots were selling... and started to rant post about it...(or was just convenient that both happened at the same time)
    -my rant post for today
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited January 19, 2018
    What I am saying is that NO ONE is going to get any proof or truth on this matter from him or Nexon. He can't get that definitive information, it's obvious it's a suspicion - albeit a good one that needs to be investigated. And if it's true Nexon can't release that information because it would violate privacy and security.

I think this thread should be closed. However I will be visiting every server today and start reporting these reforge sellers. It will be up to Nexon to PROPERLY investigate this potential serious matter. What they do from that point is up to them.
    TheOthicSherri
  • TheOthicTheOthic
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,525
    edited January 19, 2018
    Gaea wrote: »
    What I am saying is that NO ONE is going to get any proof or truth on this matter from him or Nexon.

I think this thread should be closed.

Exactly since he cant and/or wont the demands for evidence was sure bound to happen. It was a terrible Idea to post this on the forums.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Is this enuf to indict anyone? Obvs not. But there is enuf abnormal amount of shady shops to rouse suspicion. It's like walking around and seeing bullet holes all over the place. I can tell a shoot-out prob taken place without needing to see guns and bullets flying.

Imma do the same and report very suspicious shops I come across as well. Better 2 err on da safe side.
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    It'd help if the ingame report button actually worked for people who don't ever visit the website. But last I checked, all it does is reset the moment you hit the final submit button.
    VeylaineSherriHazurah
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,170
    edited January 19, 2018
    @Gaea yes because its sooo obvious @Apologist worded to look like they just meant a speculation ( suspicion ) and not all claimed to have investigated.

I do agree that this thread should be closed

How sure are you that nexon would investigate by reporting alone from a baseless claim @Apologist made unless they themselves would hand over the supposed information they have to Nexon, since they can not show us the proof.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Trythis wrote: »
    @Gaea yes because its sooo obvious @Apologist worded to look like they just meant a speculation ( suspicion ) and not all claimed to have investigated.

I do agree that this thread should be closed

How sure are you that nexon would investigate by reporting alone from a baseless claim @Apologist made unless they themselves would hand over the supposed information they have to Nexon, since they can not show us the proof.

Well fraud last time I check is...bad? lol. Anyway, logging into the other servers right now to compile my findings. Just merchants with random letter names selling reforges. They may just suspend the accounts while they investigate. Which is a reasonable thing to do.
This discussion has been closed.