Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Update the Hot-Air Ballooning system

SgiathachSgiathach
Mabinogi Rep: 2,095
edited January 20, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
A while back we got the updated rafting were you could save up and buy stuff... can we get that already for Hot-Air Ballooning? its already a flawd system were some times half the stuff can attack you and you cant attack it back with the the chance for the items or enchants (I been trying to get A Poison Hunter enchant for three weeks i almost have enough claws to get the dam tittle) is so crazy small its not funny x.x all i would really like is an update so the reward system is like Rafting
Jazmyn[Deleted User]LutetiumFalmostaWolfandWolf
  1. Do you think the Hot-Air Ballooning system needs and update like Rafting got a while ago?30 votes
    1. Yes
       90% (27 votes)
    2. No
       0% (0 votes)
    3. You can Hot-Air Balloon?
       3% (1 vote)
    4. I dont care i just have to click an Option when i see a Poll... i have an unhealthy need to
       7% (2 votes)

Comments

• LadameLadame
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,600
    I'd really like this. Then we could keep going for more stars and not hit a reward cap per run!
    [Deleted User]
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I support this idea!

If they made it like Rafting, where you trade in your earned stars for physical one that you can save up and trade in when you want, would it be best to make them different from the stars you trade in at the Rafting NPC?

It would be strange to be able to trade in stars earned from ballooning to the Rafting NPC, and vice versa.
    Jazmyn[Deleted User]
  • SgiathachSgiathach
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    I support this idea!

If they made it like Rafting, where you trade in your earned stars for physical one that you can save up and trade in when you want, would it be best to make them different from the stars you trade in at the Rafting NPC?

It would be strange to be able to trade in stars earned from ballooning to the Rafting NPC, and vice versa.

all they would have to do is change a little bit of code and rename the stars you could have "Hot-air Balloning Star" and "Rafting Star"
    or if your like me i would love to see "Water Star" and "Sky Star" lol
    [Deleted User]
  • EkaterinEkaterin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,360
    Ladame wrote: »
    I'd really like this. Then we could keep going for more stars and not hit a reward cap per run!

Honestly, this is probably the reason they did not change it. Rafting has a fixed maximum per run, due to the structure of the game. The only way I see this as viable is if they remove Flint and the refueling of balloons.
    [Deleted User]
  • SgiathachSgiathach
    Ekaterin wrote: »
    Ladame wrote: »

Honestly, this is probably the reason they did not change it. Rafting has a fixed maximum per run, due to the structure of the game. The only way I see this as viable is if they remove Flint and the refueling of balloons.

Tbh is that really a problem? unlike rafting that (Be it a slow amount) gets gold out of the sever... and helps keep the amount of gold in check.. being able to last longer would cost you gold... that's gold you don't have anymore that's gold out of the game
    [Deleted User]
  • SgiathachSgiathach
    sure one raft can get you x amount of stars before you need another raft... but that other raft is free... and how long dose it take to get back to the start point? not long at all because of the moon gate update
    [Deleted User]
  • LadameLadame
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,600
    I would be all for a higher cap as well, if the idea of a limitless amount of stars (at the cost of flint) is too spooky. As of now though, like 1 minute in the sky is enough to cap out!
    [Deleted User]
  • SgiathachSgiathach
    I been doing two people at one time one just driving with me cc fire bolt killing things... it really takes like 1-2 min to max bolth us out
    [Deleted User]
  • EkaterinEkaterin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,360
    Sgiathach wrote: »
    sure one raft can get you x amount of stars before you need another raft... but that other raft is free... and how long dose it take to get back to the start point? not long at all because of the moon gate update

It doesn't take long to get back to the exploration camp and grab another balloon, either. And it's not about how long it takes to get a new raft, it's about how the course is paced and there is a limited number of mobs along it.

I am all for a revamp of the prize system, but unlimited stars is not a viable solution. It will be prone to bot abuse, for one thing. If they did do it, they would probably drop stars for Wyvs from 3/6 to 1/2.
    [Deleted User]
  • SgiathachSgiathach
    Ekaterin wrote: »
    Sgiathach wrote: »

It doesn't take long to get back to the exploration camp and grab another balloon, either. And it's not about how long it takes to get a new raft, it's about how the course is paced and there is a limited number of mobs along it.

I am all for a revamp of the prize system, but unlimited stars is not a viable solution. It will be prone to bot abuse, for one thing. If they did do it, they would probably drop stars for Wyvs from 3/6 to 1/2.

Don't forget when they updated rafting they just up the prices of items to a few hundred stars per item
    [Deleted User]
  • SgiathachSgiathach
    what I hate about it is how hard it is to get rewards you are looking for... week 4 still no poisonhunter enchat >.>
  • SgiathachSgiathach
    lost track of how long its been... but still no enchat :D I really do love this game