Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Heavy Stander Counters?

ZebadiahZebadiah
Mabinogi Rep: 440
edited January 21, 2018 in Help
Most every mob has immunity to shadow bind, and bash/impale stuns these days-
barriers do not work in anything its needed in.(why do they event exist anymore)
and Divine Link's passives (which are basically a requirement) are hidden behind a Raid no one does...
Echostones are also hidden behind a mission no one does.
-
i cant enjoy Mabinogi when i'm being destroyed by a mob that ignores my counterattack.
and all my options to increase my survivability are locked behind missions that require you to party
or solo it and die by the Exact same problem you are trying to fix.
everything has Heavy stander so strong that a mob i'd completely destroy, instead juggles me till i finally die - or till my hydra kills it.
i was hoping that i'm missing something simple, cause i feel like i'm going up against raid bosses that do more damage and attack alot faster.
-
SO down below please note how you'd take care of a monster such as The Wolf at the end of Counterattack - or the dragons of Sidhe.
cause those 2 are the one's keeping me from advancing my stats.

P.s. - Nexon Needs a Trash-Can Pet, doesnt have to have stats or anything. just a trashcan. lol
NewbieChain

Comments

• NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    The bosses of counterattack?
    Those passive giant animal HP sponges that barely toss an attack?

Death mark > Impale until death. Boss has only ever been a threat to me when it loads counter.
    Even base form Divine Link turns it into a joke as it tries in vain to do any form of damage.

Dragons of Sidhe are resistant to melee, use magic. Chaincast Firebolt is popular.
    Maybe widen your toolset?

As for not being able to run things, runs of that stuff happens on Tarlach.
    With our low population.
    Even got daily time for raids.

Maybe try a party ad? Guild? Make some friends???
    Zebadiah
  • ZebadiahZebadiah
    edited January 21, 2018
    Nilrem wrote: »
    The bosses of counterattack?
    Those passive giant animal HP sponges that barely toss an attack?

Death mark > Impale until death. Boss has only ever been a threat to me when it loads counter.
    Even base form Divine Link turns it into a joke as it tries in vain to do any form of damage.

Dragons of Sidhe are resistant to melee, use magic. Chaincast Firebolt is popular.
    Maybe widen your toolset?

As for not being able to run things, runs of that stuff happens on Tarlach.
    With our low population.
    Even got daily time for raids.

Maybe try a party ad? Guild? Make some friends???

-after this AP event i plan to find some more active people on Reddit or something. Alexina although pretty populated is rather inactive.
    the only ones i ever see doing the raids- require you to apply to their website, in which they have a huge requirement list.
    most of which require you to have a raid party to train the skills they require you to have r1. lol
    - thank you for the info on the sidhe dragons, thats good info.
    - i was using the boss of counterattack as an example, as a giant myself, theres not much he can do- just takes awhile to kill. HOWEVER this cannot be the same option other players have, how am i suppose to take him on if i was a human- without divine link. since only a few thing really work against him anyone who lacks those few things are punished. i have a friend thats 10k total getting his ass kicked by that boar in avalon bridge, lol how am i suppose to guide him through that. myself i just spam chain crush seems to kill him pretty quickly. and im a giant with low dex.

Edit: he'd no doubt kick my ass in elite counterattack though.
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Zebadiah wrote: »
    Alexina although pretty populated is rather inactive.
    the only ones i ever see doing the raids- require you to apply to their website, in which they have a huge requirement list.
    most of which require you to have a raid party to train the skills they require you to have r1.

That just seems like a poor system, least they could do is run lower difficulties to help people get started.

Tarlach raid group only ever appears to have requirements during the highest difficulty, but otherwise I've always seen them be pretty open.
    Only downside is that not many players know raids are even a thing. Let alone the raid times.

As for bosses in missions like Baltaine, I think it was all designed in mind with players having already done up to G20, as most missions have tons of enemies that seem to expect to be sent to a divine link pet to be manageable.

Counterattack still gives me trouble though, even when I can make a joke of the boss.
    The normal enemies are just a bigger threat to a elf like myself.
    With their annoying tendency to sprint at me with nothing but normal attacks before I can react.
  • ZebadiahZebadiah
    edited January 21, 2018
    Nilrem wrote: »
    Counterattack still gives me trouble though, even when I can make a joke of the boss.
    The normal enemies are just a bigger threat to a elf like myself.
    With their annoying tendency to sprint at me with nothing but normal attacks before I can react.
    if you go to an npc to help them in a fight they'll die faster, so its best to combo a few for their HP bonuses and then ignore them.
    thats the only trouble i seem to have with it. plus i've had one of the Robed mobs in there drop a x3 crystal.

Edit: i am full of typo's today.
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    edited January 21, 2018
    I thought girg raids were for everyone. There's no requirements
    Just that it always happens very early at 10 am est in alexina
  • ZebadiahZebadiah
    lceCream wrote: »
    I thought girg raids were for everyone. There's no requirements
    Just that it always happens very early at 10 am est in alexina

no no- the party i see all the time, have Requirements - and despite having room they wont let you join without meeting them. just assholes.
  • ZebadiahZebadiah
    edited January 21, 2018
    they need a new way to get Crusader exp- its dumb enough that they always want you to die by it in one of them.
    but as a solo player your lucky to finish 5 a week due to the party requirement ones... which often require your party member to die. lol

Edit: Baltane supply chest dont count as another way to get EXP since the chances are extremely low and give less then 100 xp...
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    they need a new way to get Crusader exp- its dumb enough that they always want you to die by it in one of them.
    but as a solo player your lucky to finish 5 a week due to the party requirement ones... which often require your party member to die. lol

Edit: Baltane supply chest dont count as another way to get EXP since the chances are extremely low and give less then 100 xp...

There's alban training ground
    A run of basic gives 100 and also helps you build that knight emblem at the same time
    Probably a bit hard for you to solo though
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Wolf at the end of Counterattack as an example...

Well, you have Divine Link.
    Link a pet, set it on command mode, take care of all the adds and set your pet to attack the boss non-stop, and use stuff like Bash, Chain Impale, Way of the Gun.
    The pet's attack spam should keep the boss busy whacking IT and not YOU.
    Though, if your squires are there, especially a squire that uses FH or something, the boss will die easily, even if the only other thing attack is your linked pet.

The dragon in Sidhe, linked pet auto-attacking while you chaincast firebolt is the popular method, but I wouldn't recommend soloing Sidhe.
    Even if it takes a while to get a party via advertisement.
    At least Duo it.

Other adv heavy...
    Really, divine link is nice to keep whatever it is busy.
    Link + Mid to Long range strong attacks are useful.

Except for something like Master Lich.
    Usually a good idea to spam Smash with a blunt weapon for silence.
    I just wish Blunt Smash silence worked on the Sidhe Dragons.
    Zebadiah
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    edited January 21, 2018
    i was using the boss of counterattack as an example, as a giant myself, theres not much he can do- just takes awhile to kill. HOWEVER this cannot be the same option other players have, how am i suppose to take him on if i was a human- without divine link. since only a few thing really work against him anyone who lacks those few things are punished. i have a friend thats 10k total getting his ass kicked by that boar in avalon bridge, lol how am i suppose to guide him through that. myself i just spam chain crush seems to kill him pretty quickly. and im a giant with low dex.

Edit: he'd no doubt kick my ass in elite counterattack though.
    You should not attempt to do baltane mission anyways without divine link. Still want to do it? Then go get divine link. Also, a human can just use final hit lol I can kill it within seconds with final hit. In Elite though, if the mobs surrounding the boss bypass divine link and kept on smacking me, I tank with mana shield, and sometimes forced to use potions. I'm pretty impatient to finish the mission quickly so that's why I didn't take them out first and let them hit me but if you just killed strategically it shouldn't be a problem.
    GretaZebadiah
  • ZebadiahZebadiah
    as it would turn out- my friend apparently only uses 1 weapon slot at a time...
    and despite having nearly 400 magic attack he never uses magic, there's honestly no helping him i guess.
    -
    though i still have no way of ranking my sub skills any faster- i'd give it about a month for just 15 levels - you cant exactly help with the crap crusader xp system.
    i had hoped it'd have been part of the Baltane missions.
    -
    i main a giant to help support my team, but i end up soloing 90% of the time.
    i'll swap to my human soon i guess, hes under 2k total but has far more potential for soloing end game content.
    -
    none the less, i've learned a few new tricks from these replies.
    as such i am grateful you took the time to reply,
    Thank you.

I Will Not Be Replying To Anything Else.
  • ImpiouslyImpiously
    Mabinogi Rep: 225
    Don't be melee. Fixed your problem.
  • ZebadiahZebadiah
    Impiously wrote: »
    Don't be melee. Fixed your problem.

lol